British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

I can't get over the fact that on this forum no one has speculated the worst of Darcy Ward before the facts have all came out. No one has him careering down a busy public road at peak hour, full of alcohol, cocaine and bad manners, allowing drugs to full out of his packpack full of stolen goods, into the local school grounds, throwing the bird to a police tactical response unit, evading capture for 6 weeks by living with the nuns at the community convent, Everyone waited for the report that said no convictions recorded, and have now gone on to accept this and help him through his "off the rails" time. Congratulations to you all.

Seems like it's not going to be long before the UK drug testing team take an interest in speedway again, definately needed and as soon as possible. Nice big dose of random tests will soon put an end to the problem for a while,as it did it in the past, with detectable for up to six weeks, anyone with even one brain cell would think twice.

bad news for Poole then . looks like Darcy will soon get caught again

• Like 1

Having read Darcy's heartfelt apology, I feel I must take every word at face value and trust that HE has not been misquoted in any way, unlike poor Mr Middleditch.

Now I know what Darcy's version of event is, precisely, I am more confused than ever.

As he says, he did just about nothing wrong at all and has no problems left to address as he has already moved on with a new attitude. It was all a 'once-off'.

So why on earth is Matt ready to book him into Betty Ford's clinic, or wherever, for professional help.

You could be forgiven for thinking that Matt had his doubts about the voracity of Darcy's own words.

Apparently he was fined the equivalent of almost £4000. It makes you wonder what the penalty would have been had the little lad actually done something naughty.

Edited by Ian

I can't get over the fact that on this forum no one has speculated the worst of Darcy Ward before the facts have all came out. No one has him careering down a busy public road at peak hour, full of alcohol, cocaine and bad manners, allowing drugs to full out of his packpack full of stolen goods, into the local school grounds, throwing the bird to a police tactical response unit, evading capture for 6 weeks by living with the nuns at the community convent, Everyone waited for the report that said no convictions recorded, and have now gone on to accept this and help him through his "off the rails" time. Congratulations to you all.

Yep. Fined £4000 for nothing.

Maybe you should email Matt Ford with your 'thoughts' too.

Infatuation taking over? :D

The "report" that said no convictions? Do you have a link to that please as I can only see that in Darcy's statement, a statement which the first half of was clearly written by someone else and where Darcy says "I don't do drugs" before saying in the very next paragraph that he "puffed on a spliff"!

I think I'll take that statement (report?) with a pinch of salt.....

It's all ok as Darcy co-operated with the police once they had discovered his location. After all, he could have got involved in a shoot-out with them, fled out the back door, all things that kids do today.

In all seriousness, he has done the right thing (whether prompted or not) and addressed the issue and most importantly apologised for his actions.

It should also be noted that previous 'bans' have been when riders have been caught racing speedway with drugs in their system, so they don't apply to this situation.

Sadly, Darcy's team manager has thus far failed to come forward with a statement of his own to put to bed his own comments.

I can't get over the fact that on this forum no teenie girls have posted a load of hysterical drivel because they fancy Ward, think he's "cute" and are upset that he's let them down.

...Oh wait a minute.

its the same as snuff really..... Powered tobacco you put up your nose.... But think you put snus under your lip

Tony Rickardsson did it all the time!!!

Did you, by any chance, serve on the Vicky Pryce Jury?

You must be equally scathing on Matt Ford who thought the matter to be rather serious.

If you do a little searching around online you will be able to better understand the Australian Law whereby you can admit guilt in a case but not have any convictions RECORDED. Apparently this is something the defence can ask to be done in cases where the guilty person is fined not imprisoned so that their future job prospects are not harmed. But it does not change their guilt!

Edited by Grand Central

Wards statement on speedway 365 web site... Well what a suprise it seems it was a one off error.. :rofl:

Bit like the late night brawl, and the `incident` involving another. How unlucky can one person be. :P

At least Darcy Ward, or his advisors, realised he needed to issue a statement. His older and supposedly wiser team manager is still conspicuous by his silence.

As the paper is standing by what was said Middlo really has to explain in what context it was said. His silence means he knows he said it. He only has to explain to context and we can all move on.

Other than that we have to believe that is how he views kids taking drugs.

The "report" that said no convictions? Do you have a link to that please as I can only see that in Darcy's statement, a statement which the first half of was clearly written by someone else and where Darcy says "I don't do drugs" before saying in the very next paragraph that he "puffed on a spliff"!

I think I'll take that statement (report?) with a pinch of salt.....

The proof will be if he is drug tested before or during the season. He needs testing BEFORE he is allowed to race in the UK and should be part of his acceptance to be allowed into the UK.

Only then can the Authorities know for sure it was a `one off`.

And to not do that is putting other riders lives at risk by those in charge of the sport in the UK.

He really should be drug screened BEFORE he boards a plane or at least at the airport when he lands.

A sportsman should want to prove their innocence by taking a drug tests before he returns to the UK anyway IMHO.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

I wonder how many teams would be missing riders in that case????

A sp(l)iffing idea no less!!

With all the talk of banning Ward, surely that would be a decission for Motorcycling Australia, who issue his race licence

I wonder how many teams would be missing riders in that case????

A sp(l)iffing idea no less!!

No idea what you are trying to imply, but not many id reckon.