British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

Tony Rickardsson did it all the time!!!

Disgusting stuff .............. why?

• Like 1

The "report" that said no convictions? Do you have a link to that please as I can only see that in Darcy's statement, a statement which the first half of was clearly written by someone else and where Darcy says "I don't do drugs" before saying in the very next paragraph that he "puffed on a spliff"!

I think I'll take that statement (report?) with a pinch of salt.....

....careful thats a banned substance...

Well because it's highly addictive, just like smoking. He now makes a living working for a company making snus, Swedish Match.

Blimey, people do like to jump on peoples backs dont they?

I will be honest, I really dont like Darcy a great deal but he should be judged by what he does on the track.

You will always get great sportman that are idiots off the track whether it be drink, drugs, fame or whatever. James Hunt, Alex Higgins, George Best.

Do people really think that Speedway is going to have less fans next year because Darcy Ward rode a 50cc bike home from the park to his house when he saw the Police.....oh, and he had had a joint! Shock Horror!!

If he had had a drink and a joint on the day of a match, then Ban him.

If he gets in to a fight at the stadium while representing the Pirates, Ban him

A little bit of naughty stuff back home in Aus should not affect his carreer in any way at all, as much as I would like it to!

• Like 1

Well at least one good thing will come from all this , speedways street cred will have a boost , Poole will have increased attendance due to the local hoodies turning up . I can see them now in the park with bottles of white star on thursdays , yea man sick innit , i went to dat speedway fing last night innit, it was sick man A bro from the Aussie is winnin all de races while the fossils is all cheering him on innit , dem old farts don't know that the bro is off his head on da smoke and the cans and they is thinking he is da bomb innit . I dont know if all them speedway riders is on the smoke but if they are it cant be as good as the Darcy bro's rubbish cos he is still beating them all innit , I think we should get a posse and go down there next week , we can mug a few fossils and maybe meet up with Darcy Bro after for some smoke and a bit of trouble down the pub innit , :lol:

Haha - very good. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Blimey, people do like to jump on peoples backs dont they?

I will be honest, I really dont like Darcy a great deal but he should be judged by what he does on the track.

You will always get great sportman that are idiots off the track whether it be drink, drugs, fame or whatever. James Hunt, Alex Higgins, George Best.

Do people really think that Speedway is going to have less fans next year because Darcy Ward rode a 50cc bike home from the park to his house when he saw the Police.....oh, and he had had a joint! Shock Horror!!

If he had had a drink and a joint on the day of a match, then Ban him.

If he gets in to a fight at the stadium while representing the Pirates, Ban him

A little bit of naughty stuff back home in Aus should not affect his carreer in any way at all, as much as I would like it to!

I've no doubt that Poole will track him - as is their right, and for what it's worth it's probably the correct decision from a purely speedway perspective.

The potential fly in the ointment is if he gets a UK visa, that is down to the UKBA and nothing to do with speedway clubs, his riding ability or what is good for the sport in the UK.

What concerns me however is Neil Middleditch's comments on the subject as covered in the other thread on here.

for the record, Cannabis IS listed as a forbidden substance by WADA.

Page 8: http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/World_Anti-Doping_Program/WADP-Prohibited-list/2013/WADA-Prohibited-List-2013-EN.pdf

S8. CANNABINOIDS

Natural (e.g. cannabis, hashish, marijuana) or synthetic delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and

cannabimimetics (e.g. “Spice”, JWH018, JWH073, HU-210) are prohibited.

• Like 1

A mental thing... Makes athletes relax and think they are better than they actually are. A widespread problem in Finnish ice hockey (possibly Swedish also) even though science says the effects to your performance are all negative.

• Like 1

A mental thing... Makes athletes relax and think they are better than they actually are. A widespread problem in Finnish ice hockey (possibly Swedish also) even though science says the effects to your performance are all negative.

Obviously not a banned substance in speedway though, easy to spot a rider with it shoved up behind his top lip!

Can someone come to Britain to work if they have a recent criminal conviction in their own country ?

Regardless of the person being a 10+ EL star r a 5 point Premier League rider ..... should they be allowed a Visa to work here ?

I think that on Darcy Ward's track record he can't help but get into strife. Eventually he will grow out of it but when that point is and if his career is down the tubes by that point will remain to be seen. This season will show whether he can walk the talk of his recent statement, as actions speak louder then words. He must have many of his sponsors looking at if he is a viable investment. Maybe some would love the attention, even if it is not of a good sort!

It's all irrelevant as Ward has just tweeted that he's got his passport and visa

• Like 1

Can someone come to Britain to work if they have a recent criminal conviction in their own country ?

Regardless of the person being a 10+ EL star r a 5 point Premier League rider ..... should they be allowed a Visa to work here ?

but he doesnt have a conviction

if he did he would have had to have declared it on his visa applucation and a decision made by the authorities. given the penalty he got for the offence was only a fine i inagine he would have been ok - but clearly this would have been the key reason his lawyers pushed for no conviction to be recorded.

It's all irrelevant as Ward has just tweeted that he's got his passport and visa

No it won't be - the usual suspects will bang on about it for another ten pages or so
  • Like 1