British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

Wasnt speaking of expierience Jacques although have had a few nervy trips through customs due to a long term unpaid fine issued by the courts followed by a warrant for my arrest. Finally paid it up in the winter!

Despite people hoping it doesnt happen, Darcy will be fine unless as said theres something else we dont know of

Anything further from Neil Middleditch?

Last seen this afternoon in a bong shop buying a kid's birthday present.

• Like 4

Its all getting a bit silly really, I can't see Ward being strip searched by a crazy Lakeside supporting customs guy at Stanstead, just becausen he had a quick puff on a spliff. I can see him weeing in a pot more than other riders in the GP's this year, but thats about it.

He has made a few very public errors of judgement, but having seen the calibre of young Aussie speedway rider and their teenage posse's after last years World cup semi final I'm only supprised that he is the only one that keeps getting caught.

The lad can ride a bike, thats for sure, but he needs someone to keep an eye on him while he isn't riding a bike and it appears the GB team manager is not the right person.

Its all getting a bit silly really, I can't see Ward being strip searched by a crazy Lakeside supporting customs guy at Stanstead, just becausen he had a quick puff on a spliff. I can see him weeing in a pot more than other riders in the GP's this year, but thats about it.

He has made a few very public errors of judgement, but having seen the calibre of young Aussie speedway rider and their teenage posse's after last years World cup semi final I'm only supprised that he is the only one that keeps getting caught.

The lad can ride a bike, thats for sure, but he needs someone to keep an eye on him while he isn't riding a bike and it appears the GB team manager is not the right person.

Phil I reckon someone like Leigh Adams should have a word.A great guy, Aus legend.

Something along the lines of things can happen to any of us, but there's a greater chance if you're off your ** on booze or monged up on drugs.get a grip if you want to be World Champion or you'll just be remembered as a knob.

• Like 1

Says all i need to know about you, thanks.

I forgot to put a question mark after buzz and l was speaking about Darcy doing anything for a buzz so that says all i need to know about you!

Says what a sad life you must lead.

read above post twit
  • Like 1

I forgot to put a question mark after buzz and l was speaking about Darcy doing anything for a buzz so that says all i need to know about you!

read above post twit

I am so glad we agree.

And name calling went out when you went into senior school.

read above post twit

An expected response, which pretty much backs up we were correct regarding your previous post.

I am so glad we agree.

And name calling went out when you went into senior school.

C'mon chaps - everyone's heard of 'post twit notes'!! :D

• Like 1

It seems to me that some people who have posted on this thread are sitting and hoping that he gets refused entry.

All this 'he's an exciting rider, we want to see him in speedway BUT' does fool anyone.

I'm sure it is if there is anything to find.Now we aren't talking about the newspaper report,but convictions or fines.So what is there to be found?As far as i can understand there is no conviction and just a fine for riding a bike without a licence:That isn't going to prevent anyone entering any country is it?A genuine question as that is how i understand the situation

From how I understand this part of Australian law is that if you plead guilty to something like this then no conviction is recorded as you haven't been "found" guilty by your peers as you've admitted it - so in effect you haven't been convicted.

Doesn't change the fact though that guilty is guilty, whether it's via a conviction or a confession. It doesn't suddenly make it vanish from history.

So that's all he done was it? All the posts about this topic and that's all you think it is?

From how I understand this part of Australian law is that if you plead guilty to something like this then no conviction is recorded as you haven't been "found" guilty by your peers as you've admitted it - so in effect you haven't been convicted.

Doesn't change the fact though that guilty is guilty, whether it's via a conviction or a confession. It doesn't suddenly make it vanish from history.

I think as an end result it is very important as to what is recorded.That is why i think he was cleverly advised.Say's he didn't do it and it goes to court and all sorts including drugs and drink might have been on his record.The way this has gone all he ends up with is a fine for motorbike incidents.Nowhere near as bad.So,end result he is pretty clean and can come and go as he wants i would imagine.This as it is intended,doesn't hurt his job.Like i said,when anyone looks up his record they won't see any newspaper reports.......or forum threads

So that's all he done was it? All the posts about this topic and that's all you think it is?

Nope, but UK customs would be busy if they stopped everyone with a motoring conviction from entering the UK.

Let's get this back to reality before the torches are lit and the lynch mob set off. He has not done anything that bad in reality, OK he was a bit of a knob doing it, but it's over and hopefully he has learned his lesson.

• Like 1

Nope, but UK customs would be busy if they stopped everyone with a motoring conviction from entering the UK.

Let's get this back to reality before the torches are lit and the lynch mob set off. He has not done anything that bad in reality, OK he was a bit of a knob doing it, but it's over and hopefully he has learned his lesson.

Clearly, Philip, you have never lost a family member or friend to the reckless actions of a drunk/drugged driver. Had you done then you may not be presenting such a liberal view of young Mr Ward's behaviour.

Ward obviously has the same things to deal with as most youngsters growing up but also has the added things involved as a top Speedway rider,a teenager earning a huge amount of money with the fame of being at the level he's at must be naturally overwhelming at times.

The winning and people often falling over themselves to cater for his every whim must leave him with an air of invincibility,maybe he needs to move away from Middlo and steer towards someone with more of Ford's make up,Middlo is often seen as one of the boys which is fine at times but maybe isn't the right person to be acting as this father figure we often hear of with regards to Ward,(

If he really has visa problems or whatever and struggles to make the start of the season,it might be a bit of a wake up call,a fine like that isn't going to even register when he can earn way more than that in one meeting at the weekendl

• Like 1