British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

It takes one etc.

Or spicy even.

Well done you! You must be so proud of your contributions to this thread.

• Like 2

Well done you! You must be so proud of your contributions to this thread.

At least they are legible.

like attacking your baldy landlord with a lamb bhuna or summit??

I that would be a good un

Darcy's Swedish team Dackarna have fined Darcy with a 6-figure sum* for breaching

his contract in which there is a zero-tolerance clause for drugs and doping, which means

that if a rider is caught using drugs and doping substances he will be fined by the team.

* In Swedish money which means that the fines are at least £10'000.

http://www.expressen...-drogskandalen/

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 5

Darcy's Swedish team Dackarna have fined Darcy with a 6-figure sum* for breaching

his contract in which there is a zero-tolerance clause for drugs and doping, which means

that if a rider is caught using drugs and doping substances he will be fined by the team.

http://www.expressen...-drogskandalen/

That'll put a small dent in his signing-on fee!!!!

I wonder if there will be any action from British Speedway (Poole). Drugs are certainly not part of the image that Speedway (I hope) wish to portray.

Im very sure that both Matt and Neil will have said their bit, and will not tolerate such behaviour.

Im very sure that both Matt and Neil will have said their bit, and will not tolerate such behaviour.

Aaaahhh - but will they actually DO anything. I could listen to hard words - but - I couldn't pay Ten Grand.

I am NOT anti Poole Starman - but - I value our Sports reputation - this incident certainly does not help in that department..

• Like 4

Would Neil not be contradicting his earlier statement that this is normal behaviour?

• Like 1

Clearly the swedes seem to have higher standards than Middlo and Poole !!!!

Edited by dornier
  • Like 2

Clearly the swedes seem to have higher standards than Middlo and Poole !!!!

Shame all the teams he rides for doesn't follow suit.

• Like 2

it sounds from the Swedish press release as if it is written into his contract the zero tolerance stance and subsequent recriminations.

I doubt if that is written into his Poole contract and therefore they would, like it or not, be on very sticky ground if they did

As much as a prat as he's been, this didn't happen during the Swedish speedway season so it should be none of their business. The matter was taken care of by the Australian authorities and there it should rest.

In all honesty, I really wonder whether such clauses would actually stand up under Swedish law, because I don't think they would under certain under European legal systems.

Of course its their business, he is one of their riders.

Regarding the legal matter, well FIM have a very similar clause in their licensing application

so doubt that it would be illegal to have such a term in the contract.

The official statement from the team also said that Dackarna have contacted Poole and Torun

to try to make an effort together, both for Darcy's sake but also show that they fully deprecate themselves

from the use of drugs and doping substances.

• Like 2

As much as a prat as he's been, this didn't happen during the Swedish speedway season so it should be none of their business. The matter was taken care of by the Australian authorities and there it should rest.

Depends on the details of the contract. Sentiment doesn't override a legal document.

Image rights may be part of the agreement between the two parties.

Also, in Sweden they may not take as tolerant a view towards drugs as we do. So who are we to judge.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1