British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

It's always amusing that you can go on one thread and you will find people complaining the sport is in decline because of the lack of 'characters' and start talking about the hellraisers of days gone by... then switch to another thread where a modern rider is involved in an incident and the same people are castigating them.

With this incident, Ward has once again been foolish. However, he was caught, tried, convicted and punished. Should the authorities deem he should receive some kind of ban from the sport I wouldn't have an objection to it, but by the same token I wouldn't be upset if they didn't.

Middleditches comments need clarifying. The more I think about it, the more I am sure that we are missing the context of the quote. I strongly suspect he was answering in relation to Darcy drinking/taking drugs and not the wider incident. He may well have gone on to mention that but the newspaper only chose one excerpt of what he said.

Poole/Middleditch would be wise to make a statement tomorrow to clarify the situation and if its done correctly put it to bed and save his job.

Agree its highly likely that middlo's quote has been snipped somewhat and what he actually said at the time is (hopefully) less alarming . But in those situations you have to question how many brain cells the person in question actually has to not know that the press can twist and extract words to make things sound sensational. Anyone who doesn't realise this when responding to such a serious case can't be very bright, no matter what they intended to say. Rule number one, don't get yourself into a position where you can be misquoted.

As for the incident it's self...can't say it's exactly it's a surprise seeing what has happened in the last 12 months. Hopefully this has opened the eyes of some of his talented rider mates too.

Agree its highly likely that middlo's quote has been snipped somewhat and what he actually said at the time is (hopefully) less alarming . But in those situations you have to question how many brain cells the person in question actually has to not know that the press can twist and extract words to make things sound sensational. Anyone who doesn't realise this when responding to such a serious case can't be very bright, no matter what they intended to say. Rule number one, don't get yourself into a position where you can be misquoted.

As for the incident it's self...can't say it's exactly it's a surprise seeing what has happened in the last 12 months. Hopefully this has opened the eyes of some of his talented rider mates too.

I am sure it has but why would the Bournemouth Echo do that ? If it was a red top I can understand but the Echo get great mileage out of the speedway down there and therefore it would be a surprise if they have twisted the words

It will of course also be interesting to see what view the authorities have of a conviction of this sort and whether entry to the UK is permitted. I suspect if it was the other way round the Australian authorities would be reluctant to let a Brot in. And before anyone comments, it matters not whether he is a speedway rider, politician or a bricklayer, he should be treated the same. He surely must be in last chance saloon though

Edited by Chris Brown
  • Like 2

What's his username on here?

middlo i believe.

I remember him posting stuff after the World cup a couple of years ago.

Don't see what's the problem?

Riders like Krzystof Kasprazak who have been in possession of illegal silencers have been allowed to ride in the UK but Darcy shouldn't be allowed?

It's not like he has cheated or brought the sport into disrepute... cough "Edward Kennett"

Do you really believe that there is any comparison between Ed and Darcy, one was found guilty by a speedway board for 1 offence of cheating and the other found guilty by a court for 3 criminal offences. Sorry but take your Darcy/Poole coloured specs off for a minute and read again what you have posted, because, believe me you are making yourself look silly.

As for my views I wonder how many countries will give him a visa, we probably will but I'm not so sure about others and how many GPs will he have to miss. As for middlo's comments, I like him and hope to see something in the echo very soon apologising for misquoting him or a massive apology from him saying it came out wrong, otherwise it may make me wonder.

• Like 4

CONVICTED

Driving while under the influence of ALCOHOL

Driving while under the influence of DRUGS

Driving a unregistered Motorcycle

Driving without insurance

Driving on a public footpath / kerb through a park

Driving away from the Police trying to stop him

For the good of the sport I see the only real answer is to see Darcy banned from the sport, here and in other countries for 12 months and should be advised to seek help during that time to seek help and consider his actions in the future should he be allowed to return.

While this is damaging to the sport at present, could you imagine what damage it would have done if he was the current World Champion ?

• Like 1

CONVICTED

Driving while under the influence of ALCOHOL

Driving while under the influence of DRUGS

Driving a unregistered Motorcycle

Driving without insurance

Driving on a public footpath / kerb through a park

Driving away from the Police trying to stop him

For the good of the sport I see the only real answer is to see Darcy banned from the sport, here and in other countries for 12 months and should be advised to seek help during that time to seek help and consider his actions in the future should he be allowed to return.

i think he'll get a visa for nz no problem and for the other gps too. cant say i agree with banning him from the sport- i'd think the extra spare time would make him more vulnerable to drink/drugs not less.far better, imho, for a mentor such as jason crump or even mike lee to take him on board and try to guide him through tge next couple of years.

• Like 1

A taste of what he might miss in my opinion would work better so a 12 month ban would do that better. If he was to go off the rails more then that would be his choice and only highlight what might have been if he wasn't bannd now.

Saying Darcy needs help is one thing, but I think you'll find there loads of people willing to help him but you usually find these people don't want to be helped. There were loads of people wanting to help Mike Lee, but he turned his back on all of them , it was only much later he appreciated that... No, although Darcy is very talented rider, he'll never become a World Champion. His attitude is always wrong..... Probably, selling Darcy was the best work Buster has ever done......

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

You`d think after Wards run in with the law over here he mightve matured,but it appears not.Also this might not do his chances of gaining a visa and favours.

Matt Ford`s comments in the Echo -If only Middlo had said that. http://www.bournemou...says_boss_Ford/

Middlo admitted he was mis-quoted.

Don't see why this has made 9 pages, Seems to me that people just wanted to have a go at Middlo and used a mis-quoted quote from a dodgy newspaper as cover in order to hide themselves from their own agenda which is "I hate Poole and I hate Darcy Ward"

Edit: Ward's side of the story.

"I talked to Darcy about an hour.He was so disgusted that the matter is heated, which operates a big time ago, Did not run away from the police, and stopped immediately working with her, It's true that he drank a small amount of alcohol but no drugs were involved"

Ward told Sportowefakty pl zuzel.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Middlo admitted he was mis-quoted.

Don't see why this has made 9 pages, Seems to me that people just wanted to have a go at Middlo and used a mis-quoted quote from a dodgy newspaper as cover in order to hide themselves from their own agenda which is "I hate Poole and I hate Darcy Ward"

Edit: Ward's side of the story.

"I talked to Darcy about an hour.He was so disgusted that the matter is heated, which operates a big time ago, Did not run away from the police, and stopped immediately working with her, It's true that he drank a small amount of alcohol but no drugs were involved"

Ward told Sportowefakty pl zuzel.

Could that not be a mis quote of Darcy as well?

Or do they only occur in Poole newspapers and not google translations of Polish websites?

• Like 1