British Speedway Forum
John Leslie

Middleditch Must Go - New Gb Boss Needed

Exactly what I thought.

Why do people usually assume if it is printed in a newspaper it must therefore be true??

If true comments are then distorted dreadfully, why bother speaking to the local rag?

A local paper is far less likely to risk losing credibility, news sources, and readers because they're so much smaller scale than the tabloid chip wrappers.

• Like 1

Take a walk mr Leslie... In my opinion, this has nothing to do with Neils position as Poole manager or his position as Team GB manager.

You are in a minority of one.

I'm claiming nothing of the sort. There are no comments that I have a particular like or dislike for in either item, genuine or otherwise.

I was responding to the statement that:

"Matt Ford seems to be taking a hell of a risk giving such a long interview/press release to the same puveyor of untruths today.

You'd think he would know better"

What I am saying is that Matt Ford gave his long interview to the Sports Dept, not the News/Editorial department that have used the Middlo quotes.

The point is that they are subject to the same editorial control.

I know papers and reports do change a few things to sell their story but I agree a local newspaper wouldn’t make it all up as Middlo would have a case to sue them. I would like to see him sue them then this would prove he is telling the truth but if he doesn’t then I would believe the newspaper.

Agree with the rest of your post

So, just for clarity.

Ford was interviewed by Wadley of the Sports department.

Those comments were accurately included in the News Department report, in an abridged form.

We are not yet sure of who interviewed Middleditch. It could have been the same journalist or someone else.

But only his comments have been misquoted in the News Department report.

I think he should take it further; bring this miscreant to justice and remove this stain on his character.

What Middleditch was probably thinking: Young people do stupid things,

If he was thinking properly he shouldn't have made such a crass remark, However he has.

It is no good pre guessing what he probably meant to say.

It is is the public domain what he actually said.

He really needs to comment and clarify the comment because right now he shouldn't be made welcome as the National team manager.

His reaction is "Get of your high horses #learnthefacts"

Not exactly helping the situation.

Reluctantly I have to go along with the majority on this issue. I think Neil Middleditch is a very good Team Manager for both Poole and TeamGB. I believe that if he made the remarks attributed to him, then his position is untenable with a high profile position like Manager of TeamGB. As such he should resign.

He should still carry on as Manager of Poole though.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

So, just for clarity.

Ford was interviewed by Wadley of the Sports department.

Those comments were accurately included in the News Department report, in an abridged form.

We are not yet sure of who interviewed Middleditch. It could have been the same journalist or someone else.

But only his comments have been misquoted in the News Department report.

I think he should take it further; bring this miscreant to justice and remove this stain on his character.

The Ford and Middleditch interviews were done by two different journalists.

Reluctantly I have to go along with the majority on this issue. I think Neil Middleditch is a very good Team Manager for both Poole and TeamGB. I believe that if he made the remarks attributed to him, then his position is untenable with a high profile position like Manager of TeamGB. As such he should resign.

He should still carry on as Manager of Poole though.

Oh, so thats ok is it? He can carry on as Manager of poole, but has to step down as Manager of Team GB. What a load of rubbish you and many others on here talk....

I think Neil Middleditch is a very good Team Manager for both Poole and TeamGB.
On what basis? He failed to win the league in 2010 and 2012 with the best teams. He continues to give Scott Nicholls a joker (in his own ride) in the SWC every year despite everyone knowing it should be used on your best rider in another heat other than his own and that Scott Nicholls fails on the joker every year. He doesn't understand the TR rules and when asked about Pooles new signing Denis Andersen on Sky a few years ago he said he knew nothing about him. He's a terrible team manager and seeminly a it of a wally of a person too if he things all kids are pissed up drugged up police evaders.

Surely Poole must have known this was coming up and should have been ready to deal with it?Can't believe the Echo got wind of this before Ford.So as someone said there should have been an official press statement and Ford should has issed it and been the man talking.Seems some mistakes were made on that account.Ford has been through this before so should know the ropes and put a muzzle on Middlo.Even if it was a "we are as much in the dark and are waiting for further details or a call with darcy....." sort of thing.Badly handled by Middlo/Ford,but at least Matt is trying to pick up the pieces here and save the situation

• Like 1

On what basis? He failed to win the league in 2010 and 2012 with the best teams. He continues to give Scott Nicholls a joker (in his own ride) in the SWC every year despite everyone knowing it should be used on your best rider in another heat other than his own and that Scott Nicholls fails on the joker every year. He doesn't understand the TR rules and when asked about Pooles new signing Denis Andersen on Sky a few years ago he said he knew nothing about him. He's a terrible team manager and seeminly a it of a wally of a person too if he things all kids are pissed up drugged up police evaders.

There's only one joker on here, and thats you. Small pier long walk springs to mind. Some of you on here really are the pits with your comments. So our local rag is totally blameless yes??

WK so its perfectly ok for Neil to continue as Pooles Manager, but has to relinquish his Team GB post. You couldn't make it up..

There's only one joker on here, and thats you. Small pier long walk springs to mind. Some of you on here really are the pits with your comments. So our local rag is totally blameless yes??

WK so its perfectly ok for Neil to continue as Pooles Manager, but has to relinquish his Team GB post. You couldn't make it up..

Are you for real?

• Like 1

I agree it sound odd - BUT - the National Team Manager is a far higher profile job than a League Team Manager. Speedway needs to keep it's nose clean if it wishes to raise it's profile. Speaking as Poole Manager carries a lot less weight than speaking as a TeamGB Manager.

That is what I meant.

• Like 1

I agree it sound odd - BUT - the National Team Manager is a far higher profile job than a League Team Manager. Speedway needs to keep it's nose clean if it wishes to raise it's profile. Speaking as Poole Manager carries a lot less weight than speaking as a TeamGB Manager.

That is what I meant.

The way your speaking, You would think the Team GB manager's position is something that people care about.

Get a grip of your life and stop sniping at successful people like Darcy Ward and Middlo.