British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

New Look Speedway Star

WE have been very lucky that our Polish photographer Jarek Pabijan has stepped into the void left by Mike Patrick. Thanks to everyone (well, not you Andy) for their positive comments.

At least you got Andy's money :t::wink::D

NOW, why am I not surprised?

Should i lie then and say its great ? yes it is an inprovement but i want more than just a whats happening last week mag. lets get some interviews with bsi,bspa,tuners,maybe even what its like to be a mechanic on the gp stage.lets get articles on the bikes. spice it up Phil i need something to engage my brain not just flick through and put down after 5mins ! maybe i am asking to much but if i am and it stays as it i wont buy. my circle of speedway friends is around 50, none but it, WHY ?

• Like 1

my circle of speedway friends is around 50, none but it, WHY ?

Are we right to assume they can read?

NOW, why am I not surprised?

I see you got another free advertising plug by your old mate on Sky last night.

I see you got another free advertising plug by your old mate on Sky last night.

Oh - for pete's sake.

OK - it WAS mentioned - but SURELY that is GOOD for Speedway in general. You know - PUBLICITY and all that. Spreading the word is important and ANY mention of the Speedway Press is a good thing in my book.

Honestly - what will people find to complain about next.

• Like 1

Are we right to assume they can read?

And can i assume your a prat.

• Like 1

And can i assume your a prat.

And I'll assume you have no sense of humour. ;)

I bought a Star this morning, and I think the new lay-out is much fresher. The old format of each track's tame scribe pumping out what is already on the club's website and will probably be seen again word-for-word in their programme (apologies to the few honourable exceptions) has been broken up.

Very good. One thing that seems to have crept in is that articles/items are not confined to one page, and reappear in mid-sentence overleaf someplace. Is that common in setting-out magazines these days, or just a case of trying to pack everything in?

All in all, still a good read. Indeed, a better read than in immediate past years.

I bought a Star this morning, and I think the new lay-out is much fresher. The old format of each track's tame scribe pumping out what is already on the club's website and will probably be seen again word-for-word in their programme (apologies to the few honourable exceptions) has been broken up.

Very good. One thing that seems to have crept in is that articles/items are not confined to one page, and reappear in mid-sentence overleaf someplace. Is that common in setting-out magazines these days, or just a case of trying to pack everything in?

All in all, still a good read. Indeed, a better read than in immediate past years.

As is your Avatar. :t::rofl: :rofl: :blink: