British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

Newcastle Speedway - Thank You!

Yes. Well done Newcastle Speedway. Typical generosity and thoughtfulness of Geordies. Birmingham made a similar gesture with free hot drinks and cakes at the Perry Barr Press and Practice Day, which was also much appreciated by those of us there.

Newcastle headed by George English is a well run speedway. Shame they dont seem to get a lot of help from stadium landlords, thinking about bits of terrace closure or was it a no brainer?

Newcastle headed by George English is a well run speedway. Shame they dont seem to get a lot of help from stadium landlords, thinking about bits of terrace closure or was it a no brainer?

To be fair, and I am one of our landlords biggest critics, It is the Health and Safety officers from Newcastle Council who have condemned the three blocks of terracing, when it is pretty obvious to see that only the middle section is bad. Common sense would have been to issue a prohibition order on the middle section and a correction order with a date by on the other two sections.

But that is common sense and thinking of maintaining a business, or two in our case.

Edited by Tsunami

To be far, and I am one of our landlords biggest critics, It is the Health and Safety officers from Newcastle Council who have condemned the three blocks of terracing, when it is pretty obvious to see that only the middle section is bad. Common sense would have been to issue a prohibition order on the middle section and a correction order with a date by on the other two sections.

But that is common sense and thinking of maintaining a business, or two in our case.

is there antone we can email? or would that just annoy them?

To be far, and I am one of our landlords biggest critics, It is the Health and Safety officers from Newcastle Council who have condemned the three blocks of terracing, when it is pretty obvious to see that only the middle section is bad. Common sense would have been to issue a prohibition order on the middle section and a correction order with a date by on the other two sections.

.............................. and Councils aren't renowned for having much of that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

is there antone we can email? or would that just annoy them?

There a several council employees within the speedway family and I think if they could, they would have already done so. The H & S decisions are not usually debatable. and it is between the Council and William Hill.

It's just a pity that, if say the repairs are to be about £400,000, that it could not be spent over three 6 month blocks allowing 2/3rds of the terracing open at all times. What it means to the dogs fans is that the handfull who stand outside to be near the ontrack bookies, will stay outside or get shelter from the elements somewhere. Most fans are inside having their nosh whilst watching the racing. With the speedway fans, it is a lot worse. There is already a lot of fans inside the bars so there is not enough space to accomodate them inside. The upper terrace fans can stand on the lower terracing, being given cover by the mainstand from the winds. The problem is when it rains and not everyone can get cover from the rain.

Be interesting to see how long these arrangement are in place.

Would stop him falling out of bed.

Might pole vault out the window.

Might pole vault out the window.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO,!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock::blink:

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO,!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock::blink:

I thought it was normally .....

yes, yes, yes, Yes, Yes, YEs, YEs, YES, .... YES .... YESS .... OH YESS .... OH GOD .... OH MY GOD ..... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

yes, yes, yes, Yes, Yes, YEs, YEs, YES, .... YES .... YESS .... OH YESS .... OH GOD .... OH MY GOD ..... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

How much was that and do you have change of a twenty.

Do you frequent wor bedroom window like. :P

• Like 1

Do you frequent wor bedroom window like. :P

NO - he doesn't Dave -- BUT - I DO!!! :shock: :shock: :shock::blink:

Edited by The White Knight

NO - he doesn't Dave -- BUT - I DO!!! :shock: :shock: :shock::blink:

As the heading says - Thank You

Always perform better to a crowd. :P

• Like 1

As the heading says - Thank You

Always perform better to a crowd. :P

Like your 'performance' - I LIKE it. :shock: :shock: :blink::P