British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester V Scunthorpe Sat 6th April 7.30pm Plus Track & Toilet Debates

As much as i've enjoyed this thread i fear we've not really talked about toilets, track, or for that matter, speedway!

I'm going out on a limb and predicting a fairly easy win tonight even though Scunthorpe's main body are all very decent at times aound BP. I think Jorgensen will top score, Birks will be good, Palm Toft will verge on the good, Howe may not be able to quite match our top two on his return from injury and their reserves will struggle to trouble the scoresheet. Which leaves Auty. After two years of trying to find that law of physics defying extra line round bend 1 and 2 it depends on whether he reverts to the line everyone else uses. The former will require a bit of reinforcement on the air bag before the pits entrance, the latter will net him a good score and could make it very close. On the evidence so far given he's not one for giving up though, so i'd say a decent win for us and an air bag replacement for Leicester.

Other predictions tonight are a lot of people asking to nip out the stadium to take a pee up the fence, not much mention of the great Dave Darcy, and a shocker of a track. After all the practicing it's been used for all week, which i guess has happened, and without the track being worked on by anyone with any knowledge all week (could be what Dave Darcy alludes to be doing), which i also guess to be true, heres my big prediction. The track will be a bit rutty and probably down to the base going into the bends and we'll see Glyn a lot as he earns his money trying to make purse out of a sows ear.

Oh, and the racing will be crap but a few people will tell us how they spotted the potential for new racing lines appearing all over the place.

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Will Josh Bates be riding. He crashed out at Scunthorpe last night and went to hospital for an ankle x-ray or will a genuine 3 pointer will be used instead and strengthen them.

I was interested to find out exactly what he does. And at the end of the interview I still don't have a clue.

What ever it is he does, it takes him up to ten hours a day to do it. but I suppose taking programmes out of boxes from the printers can be time consuming.

he does 10hrs a day at BP 7 days a week plus he runs his own buisness aswel, how does he fit it all in? plus what does he spend 70hrs a week at BP doing?

Counting the gravel. How does he expect Kevin Doolen to have any confidence we he doesn't think he will improve

Danny Halsey in for the injured Josh Bates at Leicester.

No update on Josh's ankle injury as yet, but in the meantime, he's ruled out of tonight.

All the best

Rob

If blackbird stays on the bike in turn 2 no problem would have loved to have gone tonight but skint first time on monthly pay unless they need a flag marshal :)

I'm planning to make my first visit to Leicester tonight having moved to the area. Really looking forward to seeing two good teams in modern surroundings. Looks 2 evenly matched teams so I'm really hoping it can be the solution to my speedway fix without having to travel too far. From the posts I've seen about Leicester it certainly could be interesting.

I saw around 16 posts regarding the interview yesterday on the LSSC Facebook page, the majority slating Darcy, but now the post & all comments have disappeared. What a joke!

there was also quite a bit of mention earlier in the week about the toilets, including a link to the BSF Leicester / Sheffield thread and specifically the Jim The Whipper parody of the BSPA and toilets but these also disappeared. I'm sure posts about the track go the same way.

there was also quite a bit of mention earlier in the week about the toilets, including a link to the BSF Leicester / Sheffield thread and specifically the Jim The Whipper parody of the BSPA and toilets but these also disappeared. I'm sure posts about the track go the same way.

So they have the means to remove stuff off FB,ect ? if it bothers them that much then put it right

Might be in for a bit of humble pie eating tonight with regards to overtaking on 3 & 4.

that was a great meeting. First properly decent meeting i've seen at the track since it opened. Well done Lions. Karlsson looked better than any point last year.

I'm now wishing i had the ability of the LSSC to remove all my posts about the crap track changes over the last week.

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

My first visitor as a spectator to leiester tonight. Got to say what a clean and tidy fabulous facility it is .everything about the place is spot on .nice touch to interview the riders in the middle of the supporters at end of meeting. It was well run and even the car park attendant said goodnight to us on the way out . (i could name one track where you would be lucky to not get insulted on your way out). The little things do matter and i think leicester do a grand job

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

The result tonight sets things up nicely for the meeting at Sheffield on Thursday.

Leicester can afford to lose by 6 or less.

Sheffield need to win by 7 or more.

To top the group..

Lets hope there is a bumper crowd with lots of travelling Leicester fans to generate an electric atmosphere.

• Like 1