British Speedway Forum
madame muck

Ben Barker In Trouble With The Police

Without having the full details around the accident, it would seem his actions are probably on a par, or perhaps slightly worse, than those of Darcy in December. I can't see this thread running to twenty odd pages however, unless his manager (or the England manager) come out with some nonsense about "it's what all the kids are doing isn't it"

Without having the full details around the accident, it would seem his actions are probably on a par, or perhaps slightly worse, than those of Darcy in December. I can't see this thread running to twenty odd pages however, unless his manager (or the England manager) come out with some nonsense about "it's what all the kids are doing isn't it"

As you say we don't know the details but given there is no mention of drugs or running from the police I would hazard a guess that it's not 'slightly worse'

• Like 2

He's a lovely lad though, always signs autographs for the kids....

• Like 6

He'll have to get a lift to any hotel stopovers for the next 6 months then!

• Like 1

What does this have to do with anyone on here? Your local pork butcher, sunday school teacher or charity shop manager might have done the same thing...Would that be of any interest if they had?

What does this have to do with anyone on here? Your local pork butcher, sunday school teacher or charity shop manager might have done the same thing...Would that be of any interest if they had?

If I read the British Speedway pork Butcher Forum or the British Sunday School Forum then I wouldn't be surprised to see such news. It's in the newspapers so why the outrage?

If I read the British Pork Butcher Forum ...

What do you mean "IF"?

I thought you were a confirmed Pork Butcher subscriber.

• Like 1

If I read the British Speedway pork Butcher Forum or the British Sunday School Forum then I wouldn't be surprised to see such news. It's in the newspapers so why the outrage?

No outrage, It's just pathetic.....Next week's revelation will probably be "Chris Harris likes baked beans" or "Simon Stead stood next to someone in a motorway service centre gents".

No outrage, It's just pathetic.....Next week's revelation will probably be "Chris Harris likes baked beans" or "Simon Stead stood next to someone in a motorway service centre gents".

Though of course Harris liking beans or Stead standing next to someone aren't criminal offences. I would say it's a pretty newsworthy item.

• Like 1

Just what the forum needs, another self appointed moderator to preside over us telling us what can and can't be discussed

• Like 3

Just what the forum needs, another self appointed moderator to preside over us telling us what can and can't be discussed

I didn't say you couldn't, I just said it was a bit pathetic. That's my opinion and I'm allowed to give it, aren't I?

Personally, the off track antics of Ben Barker or indeed Darcy Ward are of no interest to me whatsoever.

• Like 1

I didn't say you couldn't, I just said it was a bit pathetic. That's my opinion and I'm allowed to give it, aren't I?

Personally, the off track antics of Ben Barker or indeed Darcy Ward are of no interest to me whatsoever.

There are dozens of threads on this forum that I think are pathetic/silly/of no interest etc. I simply dont post on them. It works for me

• Like 2

There are dozens of threads on this forum that I think are pathetic/silly/of no interest etc. I simply dont post on them. It works for me

That's absolutely fine, I just thought I'd make a point.

It is good to see Barker's unsavoury antics brought to light at last, he's gone unoticed in other high profile events, which have seen others dragged through the gutter (obviously couldn't buy himself out of this one)....

AND yes generally I do agree, its what they do on track that should count.

Named at last - Thats all i'll say on the matter.

• Like 3