British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vues National Speedway Stadium

As far as I can gather from all the information on line, it will be student/schools rugby league played at the stadium. It seems basketball will be the main other sport in the complex.

AS far as I can ascertain there are currently NO plans for rugby league at the stadium.

It was reported in the MEN a few weeks back that a new RFL team was to be set up. No idea if it was only a possibility or a reality.

AS far as I can ascertain there are currently NO plans for rugby league at the stadium.

Fair enough ...

But ... A Rugby League pitch was mentioned in the original MEN report on the go-ahead, so it is hardly surprising that it's possibilities would be discussed.

Do you know anything more?

Arch's plan shows centre green laid out for hockey 92m x 55 m. R.L pitch is 122m x 68m over the dead ball areas so if a R.L is to be laid then i suppose you would be looking at a track similar size to the old County ground at Exeter, unless the dead ball areas are laid out with temp grass over the bends for rugby matches.

THE last thing I heard was that there has been no follow up to the suggestion of including rugby league and I doubt David Gordon will be courting it.

Last Wednesday's Press release on the Belle Vue website says the centre will be used as an RL pitch for St Peter's High School and "the wider community". Maybe that's changed now, but as a schools pitch can be smaller than the official senior RFL measurements it strikes me as good use of the space. It's good to see speedway for once being a senior partner in a multi-sports facility.

THE last thing I heard was that there has been no follow up to the suggestion of including rugby league and I doubt David Gordon will be courting it.

To allow for a full RL pitch would dictate the size of the speedway track. Let's hope the size and width of the speedway track remains the decision of Belle Vue.

To allow for a full RL pitch would dictate the size of the speedway track. Let's hope the size and width of the speedway track remains the decision of Belle Vue.

I'M sure that will be the case.

yes, a youth RL pitch would be much smaller than an adult RL pitch....i honestly don't think there is a call for a full size RL pitch in that area..certainly no call for a Super League team in the area so cannot see that being an issue,

i believwe Manchester Giants are in discussions about being the tenants of the basketball arena...they currently play at the nearby Wright Robinson College but need somewhere bigger and better and i think they will play at the basketball arena if a deal can be arranged with the council

its about time everyone got behind chris morton and his team im sure they have taken into concideration about extra seating for a bigger meeting ,this is brilliant news for belle vue and speedway has a whole .

• Like 1

It's good to see that the local councillor is onside. That can only help with any planning issues raised by local residents.

http://www.newsnow.c...ritish Speedway

Has anyone bought a Brick yet? I'm thinking about it. :t:

Matt Ford bought a truck loads a couple of season ago. Not sure why, nothing to do with BV back him in the winter of discontent though, obviously.

Bought mine when first advertised and blackmailed family to buy some as well, although I think I ended up paying for them.

Thinking it's now time to buy another.

What more could anyone want than to be immortalised in stone (ok, brick then) at the home of the world famous Belle Vue Aces.

You can even buy a paver and have it inscribed with the name of someone you don't like and watch everyone walk all over it. Fans of opposing clubs could raise funds and have a Matt Ford concourse (joke, before anyone starts). :t: :t:

Edited by Aces51