British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vues National Speedway Stadium

I HEAR that the rubber-stamping has taken place and it is all systems go. Great news for Belle Vue and speedway as a whole.

Fantastic news :)

Been given green light. Fantastic. Can't wait

Expected to be ready for march 2014

Well done to all involved

• Like 2

I thought the centre green was a junior soccer pitch, it won't be big enough for rugby league.

The centre green is a rugby pitch which can be used for football or hockey too.

Cut and paste from the meeting report which has approved the scheme this morning:-

"The Grass Rugby Pitch will be funded from a contribution from Rugby League of £0.12 million and the balance of funding of £0.28 million is already within the Children’s Services capital budget for St Peter’s High Playing fields in 2014/15."

• Like 1

£4.5m to be paid back over the next 60 years / £75,000 per season sounds an awful lot but it is an absolute bargain. 4412 entrance fees will cover that expense over a whole season so not a great deal to worry about.

Also, I'm guessing, if the rugby are also playing at the stadium would they be required to pay rent too Belle Vue speedway??

Some do know my opinions on this and I'm absolutely gutted my team King's Lynn will now lose out on major events

but

Good luck to Belle Vue. If all the numbers are correct it's an absolute steel.

Edited by screamer

6000 is the basic capacity, for SWC temporary grandstands will be put on back straight raising capacity to 10,000 and for GP's extra stands put on bends too raising it to 16,000 (off top of my head)

This is the report being discussed today :

http://bellevuespeed...ortsvillage.pdf

So looking at the plan it seems they need to basically double their crowd to make it a success which seems very risky even with one or two big meetings per season.This needs all of British speedway to get behind it,which is also very risky knowing how speedway operates.

THE ACTUAL PRESS RELEASE NEWSFLASH

MANCHESTER City Council today gave the go-ahead for the Belle Vue Sports Village which will include a custom-built new stadium for the Belle Vue Aces.

It will now go to the planning permission stage with the Rentruck Aces targeting an opening date of March 2014.

Delighted David Gordon, the club’s Chief Executive Officer, said: “This is a red letter day in the long history of the club. It marks the start of a new era and gives speedway in Manchester a massive future.”

Chris Morton, the Chief Operations Officer, said: “I have dreamed of the Aces having a new stadium ever since the one at Hyde Road closed in 1987. This is a brilliant day and the reward for so much hard work.”

Richard Frost

Chief Press Officer

Belle Vue Speedway

Manchester

So looking at the plan it seems they need to basically double their crowd to make it a success which seems very risky even with one or two big meetings per season.This needs all of British speedway to get behind it,which is also very risky knowing how speedway operates.

4412 adult entrants @ £17 over the whole season covers the costs. Around 240 weekly paying adults. It's a bargain

• Like 2

READ previous posts about additional revenue. My understanding is that the grandstand will belong to BV Speedway and they will receive the income from bars and restaurants at non-speedway events taking place at the stadium.

David Gordon may have his critics as a speedway promoter in the past but he is a sound and successful business who had to present a very detailed business plan to not only Manchester City Council but also a top firm of accountants to prove that the scheme was viable.

• Like 3

READ previous posts about additional revenue. My understanding is that the grandstand will belong to BV Speedway and they will receive the income from bars and restaurants at non-speedway events taking place at the stadium.

David Gordon may have his critics as a speedway promoter in the past but he is a sound and successful business who had to present a very detailed business plan to not only Manchester City Council but also a top firm of accountants to prove that the scheme was viable.

I have,but as long as i have read the submitted report right the business plan is based on getting between 1,800 -2,500 fans instead of the 1,000-1,100 fans they now attract.Have i or have i not read this right?

There's still a major hurdle here to get through remember.

The BSPA need to get their fingers out of their poop holes and secure the future of live televised British Speedway or this could become a devastating venture and speedway as a whole crumbles

COME ON BSPA - SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

4412 adult entrants @ £17 over the whole season covers the costs. Around 240 weekly paying adults. It's a bargain

It'd be less than that as I doubt Kirky Lane is rent free.

The centre green is a rugby pitch which can be used for football or hockey too.

Cut and paste from the meeting report which has approved the scheme this morning:-

"The Grass Rugby Pitch will be funded from a contribution from Rugby League of £0.12 million and the balance of funding of £0.28 million is already within the Children’s Services capital budget for St Peter’s High Playing fields in 2014/15."

That's interesting, I was just going on what Chris Morton said in the past. Hopefully it will be a big boost to British Speedway on general.

Surely though they are only going to host SWC rather than GPs with only 6,000 capacity????

There`s room to build temporary stands which will more than double the capacity