British Speedway Forum

Redcar have signed Mitchell Davey as replacement for Max Dilger. Better than using NL guests.

Best of luck to Mitchell, big chance for him. Debut this Thursday.

At the risk of upsetting the "if you think you can do better try riding a speedway bike yourself" brigade, how on earth does this guy keep on getting a team place when there are young British lads who can do as good a job if not better?

• Like 4

No-one who watched Mitchell at Armadale last Friday will doubt his ability to score points at Redcar.

He looked stunningly fast, posted a better time than two of the heats in the match proper, and must have made the Tigers' promotion wonder if they'd made the right choice.

Good luck, Mitchell!

• Like 1

At the risk of upsetting the "if you think you can do better try riding a speedway bike yourself" brigade, how on earth does this guy keep on getting a team place when there are young British lads who can do as good a job if not better?

Exactly! And this will be his 6th season over here.

1) Because he has excellent equipment, and on occasion has shown he can score points.

2) Because, based in the north, he is a better option to the clubs who have invited him to ride (no-one twisted their arms) than a guy from the south in terms of travel money, etc, and

3) I'd like to hear your idea of any "young British lads" who can do as good a job AND are prepared to travel to Glasgow, Berwick or Redcar for the same financial deal?

Edited by freddyfivetoes
  • Like 1

1) Because he has excellent equipment, and on occasion has shown he can score points.

2) Because, based in the north, he is a better option to the clubs who have invited him to ride (no-one twisted their arms) than a guy from the south in terms of travel money, etc, and

3) I'd like to hear your idea of any "young British lads" who can do as good a job AND are prepared to travel to Glasgow, Berwick or Redcar for the same financial deal?

I couldn't give a toss pal, he ain't racing for my team. Just makes it easier for us when we come up in June and take the points away.

Edited by Shadders

No-one who watched Me at Armadale last Friday will doubt my ability to score points at Redcar.

I looked stunningly fast, posted a better time than two of the heats in the match proper, and must have made the Tigers' promotion wonder if they'd made the right choice.

:)

:)

That is a crap thing you did. Who gives you the right to edit a post I make, and post it as if it was coming from someone else?

Can our moderators please delete this person's forgery?

• Like 1

Was Robert Branford not available ?

So to get a PL place you just need excellent equipment? :s

I'd prefer a rider with crap kit scoring 4 than one with good kit scoring 3.