British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Plymouth V Witches Lc 12 April

But Dave a rider has put out a come and get me plea, we need a rider to really give this season a good go, and he fits perfectly, and is better than the rider he would be replacing. A team that is winning always attracts better crowds, so even if he would cost a little more than jari, I would imagine it would pay for itself. Or offer What jari is getting and let's see how much Justin really wants a team place.

But Dave a rider has put out a come and get me plea, we need a rider to really give this season a good go, and he fits perfectly, and is better than the rider he would be replacing. A team that is winning always attracts better crowds, so even if he would cost a little more than jari, I would imagine it would pay for itself. Or offer What jari is getting and let's see how much Justin really wants a team place.

I said this yesterday. The promotion would have had a budget in mind in which to build the team and it's more than likely that Sedgman would be more pricey than Makinen. But sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate and push the boat out a little if you want success. I doubt it would be THAT much of a financial difference to put the club at risk. Put Sedgman in the team in place of Makinen and the team is strengthened without question. That would lead to better results, more chance of success and money spinning play offs, and more paying punters through the gate. That change as you say would more than likely pay for itself.

• Like 1

The thing is, there are always people looking for reasons not to do something instead of reasons to do something. Whilst we are still winning and riders not scoring, that must be saving money, why do you think changes don't happen very quickly.

I find it incredible with your comments that you can score Gathercole with an 8 an Todd with a 9 but hey ho. Far too early to call for changes in my book but Kling worries me!

It is far to early Mike to make changes, but how long will people go to watch a team losing, it was a very good meeting on friday, but there are riders that should be doing better and they are not, now how long will people go and watch that, for me Reade is out of his league in the PL, and i can't find any excuse for Kling being so bad, i don't agree that you should give riders like him time, when you have riders who have never been on the Plymouth track coming down and out gating, and outscoring the home riders, he did last year, people may say that i'm wrong, but thats my opinion.

Sedgmen will start well and tail off within a month... Ask any newport, birmingham or redcar fan what they found his form to be like!!! Plus he apparantly demands alot hence him not being snapped up this year.

Sedgmen will start well and tail off within a month... Ask any newport, birmingham or redcar fan what they found his form to be like!!! Plus he apparantly demands alot hence him not being snapped up this year.

Even and off form Sedgmen is better than Makkinen tbf. could you imagine if he dropped to reserve which is not impossible with Heeps current form

Even and off form Sedgmen is better than Makkinen tbf. could you imagine if he dropped to reserve which is not impossible with Heeps current form

Not likely, especially with the rolling averages - even more so as these meetings don't count towards that.

Even if it's not Justin, there must be someone out there that could score more than 2 points in 15 races. Could be time for Hart to dust off suit.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

A great result at Plymouth and to be honest certainly not expected by any realist Witches fan. Ben at long last rode like the true no 1 he genuingly is and along with Camerons continued good form and Adams sudden surge of form, it bodes well for the future. But there are worrying aspects of the present team none more so than the terrible Makinen!! It will not be long before he is at reserve and then it will be a great worry with only one reserve scoring. I have no idea whatsoever what CL see in him, he looks little better than a novice and is scoring no points at all and needs replacing pronto, not when its too late and all the damage is done. There must be much better 5 point riders out there than him especially perhaps in Denmark, Sweden or even Germany and as suggested Sedgman must be a better option than this novice!

Not likely, especially with the rolling averages - even more so as these meetings don't count towards that.

At some point it'll happen if Heeps continues to average 7 in reserve, even if it is August/September.

edit > actually, 6 meetings averaging 7 would see him go above Sedgmen. So could happen in July or August.

Edited by SCB

The thing is, there are always people looking for reasons not to do something instead of reasons to do something. Whilst we are still winning and riders not scoring, that must be saving money, why do you think changes don't happen very quickly.

You are totally spot-on there baldyman, thats the forte of this present management team at foxhall.

My reply was to the comment that changes are made in other sports, and the fact it is more difficult in speedway simply because there aren't squads, reserve teams, etc. and also, genuinely, finances. I know it's stating the obvious, but it's true.

In a previous post I did make it clear that I think Sedgmen would be a good replacement. I have also said that I think Stefan Nielsen would have been a better bet in the starting line-up, i.e. even before we saw Makinen ride.

Maybe Makinen would be more suited to Leicester, where his sponsors are, and they need to replace the clearly out of his depth Simon Nielsen.

Another inept display from the Devils.

The track was much improved from the previous week. The dampness creating all sorts of lines.

Devils:

Proctor: Looked a bit livelier, but still went missing in the vital races. No answer at all to Barker.7/10

Schramm: Went completely awol. Only beating Makinen says it all. 3/10

Lemon: Looked like a complete novice. Not in it at all.3/10

Gathercole: Looked like he was riding a 600cc engine with the speed he was generating. Going round Barker twice is unheard of! If only he could do this every week..... 8/10

Kling: Poor. Don't like all this 'oh dear losing again, best look down at engine' lark. Didn't deserve his race win.3/10

Kurtz: Started slowly, but got it together at the end. Two superb wins rightly brought the house down.9/10

Reade: Never looked like scoring a point.2/10

Witches:

Barker: Looked stunned as Gathercole went by him. Otherwise and effortless display.9/10

Makinen: Never even in contention for a point. Can understand others comments about him.0/10

Tungate: Disappointing. No 'get up n go'. Trailed Kling in Ht7,who was hugging white line.So where does Tungate go? Up inside! If hed gone to the middle of the track, he would have walked it.5/10

Risager: Involved in a couple of good scraps. Good solid middle order.7/10

Lanham: Mr boring! Don't get why he was in Ht15. Risager should have got it. 6/10

Ellis: Certainly learned a lesson from the U21 round a few weeks ago. He stayed on this time! Excellent. 7/10

Heeps: I like him! Sluggish 1st ride, but really got moving afterwards. Good effort. 7/10

Ipswich were not that good, just that Devils were poor.The worrying thing about Plymouth is, can we get ALL the riders on form at the same time? Questions need to asked about the near future. When, not if, Kurtz goes up into the team, our scoring power will be severely dented. I don't see that Schramm will do the same as Todd. At least not on what I've seen so far. Id say Kling,Schramm and Reade need to look over their shoulders.

Unless changes are made, there will be no chance of finishing high up the table.

Should have signed Sanchez :lol: