British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
graz gp

Sheffield V Workington 18/ 04/2013@ 7.45pm

You did get 3 extra points from your second tac ride without which you would have lost.

I'm not that hot on the rules; that is allowed is it?

I think we have 6 points to play with if we make the change before the new averages come in. Who we could bring in that's the problem. Damien is struggling at the moment, but how long do you wait. Frank at reserve will certainly make a big difference. Don't forget Frank is going to a lot of tracks he has not ridden on before. But if he is at reserve it should give him more of a chance.

I think we have 6 points to play with if we make the change before the new averages come in. Who we could bring in that's the problem. Damien is struggling at the moment, but how long do you wait. Frank at reserve will certainly make a big difference. Don't forget Frank is going to a lot of tracks he has not ridden on before. But if he is at reserve it should give him more of a chance.

Is there not a reg. that an assessed rider cannot be dropped, until he has achieved a GSA based on his on track results, unless he is injured or retires ?

I'm not a fan of the tactical rule being permitted for the home team, doesn't seem right that an away side can score 46 legitimate points and still lose. And that's nothing against Sheffield, I'd say exactly the same if it was Lynn in their shoes.

it is, its a stupid, exploitable rule. there wasnt much wrong with the old tac sub system. the golden double was best :D

Have to say also that I completely take on board the point that HT makes, the tactical enhanced the excitement of the meeting and that can't be denied. I guess its a balance between excitement and fairness. For me if a home team go ten points down then tough luck.

• Like 1

Is there not a reg. that an assessed rider cannot be dropped, until he has achieved a GSA based on his on track results, unless he is injured or retires ?

I bow to you superior knowledge. Just thought I would ask. Edited by grazgp

I think we should go back to the old rule , 6 points down and put who you want in.Gave team managers something to be able to shuffle the pack instead of all this double points crap.

I think we should go back to the old rule , 6 points down and put who you want in.Gave team managers something to be able to shuffle the pack instead of all this double points crap.

Excellent - I'm sure the BSPA will be delighted to receive your sponsorship after they've calculated how much it would cost to revert to tac subs.

if i was a Sheffield fan, i would want koppe to stay on and get an official average. that new average will almost certainly be around 3.5 , maybe lower. then you could bring in a rider of a much higher average than Sanchez, (around 8.00) then you may WIN the premier league in 2013. unless you are doing a Berwick and fiddling the averages.. new talent takes time to shine.. patience..

Excellent - I'm sure the BSPA will be delighted to receive your sponsorship after they've calculated how much it would cost to revert to tac subs.

I was just suggesting as a tactical option which gave team managers a stratergy to work to as oppose to the Its a knock out gimic we currently have.Most speedway supporters dont like the rule but the BSPA think it works so who are we to change the rule.

Personally i'd give Koppe more time to settle in, if we were to replace him I wouldnt have Sedgmen after his pathetic display last season as a guest...Sanchez is a trier nobody can deny that, but who else is there and as was said above do we have to wait for him to get a proper average.

Personally i'd give Koppe more time to settle in, if we were to replace him I wouldnt have Sedgmen after his pathetic display last season as a guest...Sanchez is a trier nobody can deny that, but who else is there and as was said above do we have to wait for him to get a proper average.

I agree Koppe needs more time and will settle and then we will see the ability . The team can afford to wait as the season has only just begun.

Sheffield have chosen a brave selection. Simon Stead getting injured scuppered tonight's match. Simon is pivotal to the team. If he's not fit or riding the team will struggle. Time to settle in is key. Hope Simon is ok.

There was a rule but everyone ignore it last year anyway.

Can someone who was at this meeting confirm the result of heats 2 and 13 from a programme please?