British Speedway Forum
luluthetiger

Berwick V Newcastle - Live On Sky - May 21st

Good promotion, but not a Monarchs idea. Glasgow, at the time of David Thompson in the Blantyre days, did almost exactly the same promotion.

Yes, great idea -- just don't claim it as being original..........

where is anyone claiming it to be an original idea? & I'm sure the initial concept started years before Glasgow did it!!

Who actually gives a sh*t about the idea being original or not??

ObsceneSpeedway was merely stating its a good idea!!!! My god!!!

• Like 2

Never mind the Monarchs, support your local team, you never know this could be their last season??

John might run us into the ground, but SPEEDWAY at Berwick will never die or in general Edited by RobinH88

John might run us into the ground, but SPEEDWAY at Berwick will never die or in general

Yes it will the way its going over UK

where is anyone claiming it to be an original idea? & I'm sure the initial concept started years before Glasgow did it!!

My goodness Has someone upset you? Edited by Elesmere Gunner

Calm down dear - and it's not a very good idea, as has been pointed out &, I guess exactly why Glasgow dropped it 30 years ago.

• Like 1

I think it is a good idea, as long as it is administered properly, and probably as a short term promotion.

• Like 2

I think it is a good idea, as long as it is administered properly, and probably as a short term promotion.

I think it's barking mad , but i'll find out how you get free tickets for the dump for me and the lads that i'll be ....erm introducing to the sport haha

I can see their method in their madness.

Its better discussing ways to bring new blood to the sport than fancy dress costumes for a sky meeting!!

• Like 4

Fancy dress sounds worrying, looks good on the darts in an indoor, loud and busy, booze driven environment however in a small town in north Northumberland may look a bit bizarre & cringe worthy, especially if only a handful of people turn up in fancy dress. :D

Haha, its true, we're gonna get in trouble for slagging off mind!! ;)rebels!!

I just don't get the fancy dress either.....maybe I'm just boring, but fair dos if people want to do it obviously, but Ewww my skin crawls at the thought!!

• Like 1

Fancy dress sounds worrying, looks good on the darts in an indoor, loud and busy, booze driven environment however in a small town in north Northumberland may look a bit bizarre & cringe worthy, especially if only a handful of people turn up in fancy dress. :D

Aparently its so the rest of the country watching on Sky say "Gee those Berwick fans are great". :D

Believe me if the meeting is of the standard of the racing we`ve had so far at Shielfield,theres no amount of fancy dress that will stop the critisism on here.

The needle mightve got stuck but its all about the on track action that will determine if the meeting is a success or not.

• Like 4

Its better discussing ways to bring new blood to the sport than fancy dress costumes for a sky meeting!!

There are enough clowns both on this forum and involved in speedway without the need for more!! Edited by Catch Me If You Can
  • Like 3

I always thought Berwick fans were in fancy dress anyway. Just goes to show how wrong you can be.

• Like 1

Aparently its so the rest of the country watching on Sky say "Gee those Berwick fans are great". :D

Believe me if the meeting is of the standard of the racing we`ve had so far at Shielfield,theres no amount of fancy dress that will stop the critisism on here.

The needle mightve got stuck but its all about the on track action that will determine if the meeting is a success or not.

Afraid I could not see any major change way track is given it is around a sports pitch and is never going to be wider. A purpose built track like Scunthorpe is the answer of course but that is not going to happen.Just be glad you have something to support unlike many others who have lost the sport of speedway and the way things are going many more as well. Edited by Catch Me If You Can
  • Like 1