British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

Ipswich V Workington (koc-up) - Thursday, 25 April 2013 @ 19:30

Superb meeting on a fantastic grippy track and must rate as the Witches best performance since entering the premier league. A 20 point lead going into the 2nd leg is more than anyone dared hope for and against a very strong looking Workington side into the bargain. A big pat on the back here for the best trackman in speedway for preparing such a wonderful track Bob Ellis.

Doyle was simply fantastic with his manoeuvres from the back and looks a very classy rider these days and certainly lived up to my comment of being the best rider in the premier league.

Tungate was gating like a dream and looks to have found his way again since also joining Poole (a thank you to Middleditch and co).

Lanham dependable as ever these days to get a decent score since moving to no5 in the team.

Heeps was flying and made a few passes that bode well for the future.

Ellis when getting the gate looks majestic and very fast indeed but needs to calm down a bit when chasing as he often gets out of shape and falls.

Hawkins did wonderfully well with paid 6 on his comback to speedway and was so so important at no2 to actually get some points from that position.

Risager had his customary start with 3 very ordinary races pootling around the white line but then went berserk and actually went for grip wide and come home behind Ellis.

A very solid team performance and Witches with Hawkins in place of the non-scoring Makinen look so much better. But the news of Bens injury at Sheffield is not good and I wish him luck on a speedy recovery. So Jason it looks like Foxhall time for you and who's complaining about that,certainly not me.

Superb meeting on a fantastic grippy track and must rate as the Witches best performance since entering the premier league. A 20 point lead going into the 2nd leg is more than anyone dared hope for and against a very strong looking Workington side into the bargain. A big pat on the back here for the best trackman in speedway for preparing such a wonderful track Bob Ellis.

Doyle was simply fantastic with his manoeuvres from the back and looks a very classy rider these days and certainly lived up to my comment of being the best rider in the premier league.

Tungate was gating like a dream and looks to have found his way again since also joining Poole (a thank you to Middleditch and co).

Lanham dependable as ever these days to get a decent score since moving to no5 in the team.

Ellis when getting the gate looks majestic and very fast indeed but needs to calm down a bit when chasing as he often gets out of shape and falls.

Hawkins did wonderfully well with paid 6 on his comback to speedway and was so so important at no2 to actually get some points from that position.

Risager had his customary start with 3 very ordinary races pootling around the white line but then went berserk and actually went for grip wide and come home behind Ellis.

A very solid team performance and Witches with Hawkins in place of the non-scoring Makinen look so much better. But the news of Bens injury at Sheffield is not good and I wish him luck on a speedy recovery. So Jason it looks like Foxhall time for you and who's complaining about that,certainly not me.

Don't feed the troll!

So after all his whinging last season aljack enjoys a gate and go meeting with only 3 passes and an Ipswich win , enjoy you're in for an exciting season then :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So after all his whinging last season aljack enjoys a gate and go meeting with only 3 passes and an Ipswich win , enjoy you're in for an exciting season then :rolleyes:

The majority of fans would choose big boring home wins over home losses with good racing

A very disappointing result as far as the Comets are concerned and one that I didnt expect!!

Reads tho like it was just one of those home team performances where everyone just click's and blow's the opposition away so, well done Ipswich, that's "half" of it done!! :wink:

Hope we can put up a good fight on Saturday but I feel this is going to be about 6/8pts too many, Ipswich are usually a very awkward side to beat at our place and definitely know how to fill 2nd and 3rd, but, you never know!! :D

To be fair, it was Ipswich that done the overtaking in the majority, can't help it if your boys couldn't muster it and are gate-and-go tarts! ;)

I notice your comment about a lack of passing in last nights meeting, tell me were you there my friend??? :blink: Its not our fault at Ipswich if your riders are uncapable of passing any Witches riders but to my knowledge the Witches made passes in about half the races on various Comets riders, which in my book makes a pretty contented home fan anywhere :party:

I notice your comment about a lack of passing in last nights meeting, tell me were you there my friend??? :blink: Its not our fault at Ipswich if your riders are uncapable of passing any Witches riders but to my knowledge the Witches made passes in about half the races on various Comets riders, which in my book makes a pretty contented home fan anywhere :party:

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I agree with JackAljack!!

I'm off for a large drink in a dark room!

:drink:

I must have blinked at the wrong time, it was less than that.
  • Like 1

Decent enough meeting I thought. Certainly as good as anything seen on Sky this week that's for sure! Obviously I've seen better meetings but I thought there were moments of real quality.

I must have blinked at the wrong time, it was less than that.

Agree. I personally don't count most of the "passes" on the first two bends of a race, because it's part of the race unfolding - but there were moments of classy riding by the Witches on the first two bends to get into good positions. It was definitely not a classic from a passing perspective, but for Ipswich fans who have not seen that sort of dominance very often, it was very satisfying.

• Like 1

Agree. I personally don't count most of the "passes" on the first two bends of a race, because it's part of the race unfolding - but there were moments of classy riding by the Witches on the first two bends to get into good positions. It was definitely not a classic from a passing perspective, but for Ipswich fans who have not seen that sort of dominance very often, it was very satisfying.

The racing wasn't so great but the programme was a whole lot better this week ;)

• Like 1