British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

Ipswich V Workington (koc-up) - Thursday, 25 April 2013 @ 19:30

Updated 25/04/13.

The Sackers Witches take on the Comets in the KOC-Up over two nights, with the return at Derwent Park on Saturday (thanks Topaz325 :)).

Expected line-ups:

Sackers Witches: Doyle (G), Hawkins, Tungate, Risager, Lanham, Heeps, Ellis

Workington Comets: Cook (G), Aarnio, Harrison, Howarth, Bach, Morris, Stefan Nielsen (G).

Jason Doyle guests in place of Ben Barker, who is riding in the 2nd British semi-final at Sheffield. Ritchie Hawkins is scheduled to make his season debut for the home team.

For the Comets:

Confirmed Stefan Nielsen as guest in place of former Witch Chris Mills, who broke his left wrist in a fall when practicing after their home win against Sheffield last weekend.

Craig Cook replaces Richard Lawson, who was injured as the result of a fall at Birmingham on Wednesday night (racing for Lakeside at Perry Bar in the EL).

Thankfully, the KOC-Up does not feature the articifical point gaining tactical joker rule.

Edited by Dave Love Speedway

The return match is on Saturday night, hopefully we (Comets) can keep it close at Ipswich who are packing a strong team.....50-40?

Stefan Nielsen in for the Comets at reserve, with maybe a point to prove ...

After the Somerset match, only to himself really.

Everyone knows he's a very capable and talented rider. I still don't understand why he wasn't included in the starting line-up - despite it meaning that Heeps would start in the team and it would be Nielsen & Ellis at reserve. I don't think that would have been any greater a risk than using Makinen (and I thought that even before the Finn had ridden).

Edited by Dave Love Speedway

Im going for a 52-38 Witches win which would set up a second leg where both sides would feel they have a chance of progressing.

Lets just hope both legs get 15 heats in this time so there can be no arguement over the result!

Very interesting to see how this match pans out, Workington look quite handy but not world beaters and should not cause the Witches too much trouble in my opinion. Jason Doyle has looked almost unbeatable when riding for his home track around foxhall and lets hope for a repeat of that form when riding for the Witches. Ritchie Hawkins will take time on his comeback and we must not expect to much from him. Witches strength at reserve is there for all to see and they will surely score very well again. Lanham and Tungate can be relied on to score their customary points but Risager continues to be an enigma. Why in heavens name he is so reluctant to move off the white line is very puzzling indeed, as he gets passed over and over again taking that line home and away. CL saying he will rival Ben for the no1 spot, must be the most hilarious comment of all time and will come back to haunt CL many times in the future.

I shall be going to both legs of this so hope we have enough lead to take with us. It's another track that doesn't really suit the Morten style of riding so hopefully a nice lead to defend.

in 2012 , morten scored 12 + 2 from reserve in a league meeting at workington, why are you worrying about him. we are the ones that should be worrying about him.

Well let's see what he scores this time, and I always worry about his scoring on tracks you have to race. Hopefully he will score 12 again.

Hawkins scored paid 6 a couple of seasons ago when guesting for us so something similar will be a big help. The team looks solid with Lanham, Risager and Tungate all capable of chipping in with 6 or 7 to go with double figures from Barker. If Hawkins can chip in with a few then I'm confident Heeps and Ellis can outscore their counterparts to give us a good chance of progressing. Having said that, Workington can blow anyone away around their place so it will be very tough. Think it will be very tight over the two legs.

Doing 4 laps would prove a point he can complete a race! ;)

But having same problem tonight

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Hawkins scored paid 6 a couple of seasons ago when guesting for us so something similar will be a big help. The team looks solid with Lanham, Risager and Tungate all capable of chipping in with 6 or 7 to go with double figures from Barker. If Hawkins can chip in with a few then I'm confident Heeps and Ellis can outscore their counterparts to give us a good chance of progressing. Having said that, Workington can blow anyone away around their place so it will be very tough. Think it will be very tight over the two legs.

Paid 6, but what did he score? What he gets paid doesn't count towards scoreline. If may have actually only scored 3 but paid 6 sounds a lot better. To be honest anything he scores will be a bonus as it will be hard to get straight back into it.

Paid 6, but what did he score? What he gets paid doesn't count towards scoreline. If may have actually only scored 3 but paid 6 sounds a lot better. To be honest anything he scores will be a bonus as it will be hard to get straight back into it.

4+2. Not all that relevant really it's a different day and different meeting. But something similar will do. I like Hawkins he's a trier and I'm sure he'll contribute decent steady points.

Yes he gives his all every lap and will do enough to keep everyone happy. He was once British under 21 champ, and a good heat leader, just needs a good run to get his confidence back.