British Speedway Forum
robert72

Message To The Leicester Promotor

I am lost to why you come on a leicester thread spouting off yet you hav'nt put any money into the club, why dont you use your time supporting your local team newcastle and be thankful you have speedway up there and let us discuss our local club that many of us have funded yet have had enough of the way its being run.

am i the only one who doesnt see leicester lions surviving under the current promotion.

Do you wish to Bar me from this Thread? Have a word with the Mods.

You and your ilk are no advertisement for Leicester Speedway believe me. You are quite right, I haven't been to Leicester Speedway but reading what you and others say on here leads me to conclude that it isn't worth going. THAT is the effect you are having. You should take up your differences with your Promoter and NOT continually slag him and your Track off on a Public Forum.

I will NOT attend Leicester Speedway not because of the Track - but because of what YOU have told me on here.

YOU HAVE PUT ME OFF!!!

Well done - even LESS money for Leicester Speedway. A GREAT Supporter you are. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh!! and by the way - I attend Newcastle Speedway EVERY week except when I am on Holiday (couple of weeks a Season) and I thoroughly enjoy it and get royally entertained.

• Like 1

I honestly don't think your listening either,DH will Not listen to anyone,that's why Leicester speedway is in a real mess.

I could give you a long list of people DH has upset including sponsors.

If Sam ermolenko ever comes up to Newcastle ask him about Leicester & DH as you won't take our word,maybe you will listen to a world champion.

I honestly don't think your listening either,DH will Not listen to anyone,that's why Leicester speedway is in a real mess.

I could give you a long list of people DH has upset including sponsors.

If Sam ermolenko ever comes up to Newcastle ask him about Leicester & DH as you won't take our word,maybe you will listen to a world champion.

If I wanted to talk to a World Champion, it would not be Sam Ermolenco. One of DH's best decisions getting rid of him.

• Like 1

mr ermolenko couldn't put his money where his mouth is so he was disposed off.pretty much like you robert he was full of rubbish and talked nothing but total crap and bored the socks of everyone.

• Like 1

If I wanted to talk to a World Champion, it would not be Sam Ermolenco. One of DH's best decisions getting rid of him.

Getting rid of him was a big mistake,his experience,sponsorship,sky pundit,decent guy,plus many good contacts,not a wise move by DH.

mr ermolenko couldn't put his money where his mouth is so he was disposed off.pretty much like you robert he was full of rubbish and talked nothing but total crap and bored the socks of everyone.

nob, do you know sam ? do you know the full facts of what happened.

Not always. Some customers are retarded cretins.

Might be the case, you need to sadly allow for that.

Not if the Customer ends up getting the whole shebang closed down. Just WHO does that benefit?

Has the customer said they want to close the track? No. There's only so far blind faith can take you, as much as people hating hearing it maybe Speedway would be better with less track. We need entertaining, well run clubs.

The fans want to see improvement. Improvement which was promised. If Hemsley came out and said we simply don't have the money to change the track, fair enough. But he didn't, he promised changes. Even if he said we havent quite got the budget to major alterations, so we will try other alternatives. He never said that but if he did, there would be a lot more respect for him.

• Like 3

The fans want to see improvement. Improvement which was promised. If Hemsley came out and said we simply don't have the money to change the track, fair enough. But he didn't, he promised changes. Even if he said we havent quite got the budget to major alterations, so we will try other alternatives. He never said that but if he did, there would be a lot more respect for him.

For fear of repeating myself, there is the crux. If David Hemsley had been up front with his plans and reasons for it with regards to promised changes before the season started then he would have had more of my respect, maybe £60 of my hard earned over the course of the season but i'd have understood the reasons for not making changes and wouldn't have felt the need to moan about Leicester Speedway on here. And I'd have still offered help if he'd wanted to solve the issues as i see them. Unfortunately he didn't, for the second consecutive season he's had at least £1100 of my money through what is basically false pretences of promising me something that hasn't been enacted on.

Mick.

• Like 2

As for putting people off from visiting Leicester, family members who live nearer than I do and other friends have asked me about going. They've never been to speedway before. My answer has always been that you may enjoy it more once the track has been changed, for fear of them never going again because they weren't entertained enough to want to come back.

• Like 1

Not always. Some customers are retarded cretins.

See your 2 followers think this is a good post and worthy of a like, So your saying people with mental illnesses shouldnt have a say ? you seem to use the word retarded easily without any thought.

As for putting people off from visiting Leicester, family members who live nearer than I do and other friends have asked me about going. They've never been to speedway before. My answer has always been that you may enjoy it more once the track has been changed, for fear of them never going again because they weren't entertained enough to want to come back.

I also have some family members who had never been to speedway before the new track opened. They enjoy it and are regulars now.

See your 2 followers think this is a good post and worthy of a like, So your saying people with mental illnesses shouldnt have a say ? you seem to use the word retarded easily without any thought.

Why should someone with the brain the size of a pea have any input into any decisions?

The mere fact that you suggest it was DH's decision to get rid of him shows how little you know. Can't even spell his name right either. Embarrassing.

What an ignorant post! And insults aside, whether you like Sam or not, and I accept that's your prerogative of course, at least get your main fact right.

Sam was not "disposed of" at all. It was his decision to finally walk away from Leicester Speedway after his efforts to resolve the issues were met with silence and non-communication. That said, he really did not want to leave having invested so much time and effort into the project, and having found various financial backers who were willing to back Leicester, but his role had become untenable given the situation he was faced with. That in itself is a long story.

At the time I must admit his departure from the project really disappointed me. I liked Sam and enjoyed not only his company but also the wealth of speedway knowledge and contacts he brought to the project, something that we hadn't got on board until his arrival. Those of us remaining on the organising committee were told one thing but having made the effort to find out from Sam himself shortly afterwards I fully appreciate why he felt he had no choice.

There are always two sides to a story and Sam has kept his counsel for the most part on this subject. He certainly doesn't want dirty laundry airing on a public forum and I respect that. Maybe he's saving it up for part 2 of his autobiography ;) . I certainly hope so.

For me personally, Sam's departure was the beginning of disunity creeping into what had previously been a united effort and the 'committee' gradually became an inept entity, only serving to do all the dogsbody work ahead of the opening. Opinions and suggestions mattered little, even from people who had played such a huge role in the whole project such as Ken Naylor, leading to his eventual walking away too (though there's a much longer story behind that too).

I appreciate all this is history now but the reason I say this is because it appears to me that the issues that started back then still prevail today, and are behind a lot of what is causing problems three years down the line. Just an opinion.

I also have some family members who had never been to speedway before the new track opened. They enjoy it and are regulars now.

Why should someone with the brain the size of a pea have any input into any decisions?

Thats excellent news. Always pleased to hear of new supporters getting hooked on speedway.

Well that puts you out then ;)
  • Like 1

Getting rid of him was a big mistake,his experience,sponsorship,sky pundit,decent guy,plus many good contacts,not a wise move by DH.

nob, do you know sam ? do you know the full facts of what happened.

yes as it happens i do.

yes as it happens i do.

From both sides?

Edited by LionsDen