British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Redcar Bears Pl April 28th 2013 At 3 P.m.

Overcast with sporadic showers!

Had an email from the promotion saying the meeting is definitely ON!

It's been showery , but they're forecast to die out . Last Sunday , after the heavy shower , showed the track can cope with the odd shower or two

tough one for the tiggers, should be close

Well done Glasgow on their win. What difference have the track changes made in the winter to the racing and lines? Looking updates and a heck of a lot of FTG.

James Wright excluded twice for touching the tapes? Well done the referee for catching him out with his constant moving and rolling at the starts.

Was probably the most processional meeting so far, but the ref kept it moving along so wasn't too bad.

Screenie had two fantastic passes and Joey R was all set for a cracker of a pass when the track caught him out and he took a purler. Redcar offered nothing from an overtaking perspective.

Still an enjoyable afternoon given the local weather conditions.

Edited by Fingersfin

I thoroughly enjoyed that meeting.

Joe Screen around the boards is something everyone should witness and I'm so glad I decided to go back whilst I still get to see him week in and week out.

The 3 young Aussies really impressed. All 3 had their moments in the meeting and even when behind looked right on the pace.

Although many of the races were FTG that doesn't tell the whole story. Most of the races, all 4 riders were on the same quarter of the straight, and there was a lot of races were the rider at the back was buzzing all over the rider in front.

Still the score line and the close racing meant there was always something to cheer on.

I'm off to make an appointment with my doctor, as I seem to have caught the bug again **boom boom**

Roll on next Sunday

A point lost in my opinion!

Harley, Joe J and Joey look to be settling in! Joey looked to of made a great pass then bit the dust! Screeny was nearly in the bar making his passes!

The track is better than last years but it would of been difficult to prepare given the forecast showers etc! It does dry out very quickly!

The promotion are doing a great job! Would like to see Micheal Max back on the mic!

• Like 1

A point lost in my opinion!

Harley, Joe J and Joey look to be settling in! Joey looked to of made a great pass then bit the dust! Screeny was nearly in the bar making his passes!

The track is better than last years but it would of been difficult to prepare given the forecast showers etc! It does dry out very quickly!

The promotion are doing a great job! Would like to see Micheal Max back on the mic!

I wasn't there nagy1, how was our new MC?

He does a good job, just think MM's all round knowledge of the sport comes across well! Maybe having two people on the mic could work even better!

I was most impressed with the time we got through the meeting! 15 heats done in under an hour and a half! Perfect!

He does a good job, just think MM's all round knowledge of the sport comes across well! Maybe having two people on the mic could work even better!

I was most impressed with the time we got through the meeting! 15 heats done in under an hour and a half! Perfect!

Was the young girl on the mic again? How did she do?

The meeting was moved on quickly with the poor weather. Not the best one you are likely to see but more practice for the new riders. Each is coming on pretty well, the early concerns are with Bager who is sluggish from the starts and far too slow on track. He's not really helping himself by sticking to the inside line, even in the latter heats. He's been around long enough and should be doing better. Someone also needs to have a word with James Wright anticipating the start. There were no pressure heats today, no need to do it and the fact that he's trying it this early in the season when there's little at stake is concerning.

• Like 1

Was the young girl on the mic again? How did she do?

No she wasn't on the mic today at all .

Good hard fought win today , the rain sort of killed the entertainment factor a bit . But what can you say about Screeny , absolutely majestic today . His pass on Kus during heat 15 was breathtaking , still life in the old dog yet . We were solid throughout , especially young Joe Jacobs . The lad is coming along brilliantly , and his ride in heat 12 was fantastic and went a long way to securing the points .

Redcar put on a great show and fully deserved their point , especially after losing a cert 5-1 in heat 14 when Wilkinson packed up .

No she wasn't on the mic today at all .

Good hard fought win today , the rain sort of killed the entertainment factor a bit . But what can you say about Screeny , absolutely majestic today . His pass on Kus during heat 15 was breathtaking , still life in the old dog yet . We were solid throughout , especially young Joe Jacobs . The lad is coming along brilliantly , and his ride in heat 12 was fantastic and went a long way to securing the points .

Redcar put on a great show and fully deserved their point , especially after losing a cert 5-1 in heat 14 when Wilkinson packed up .

Thanks Paulco.

Good to read all the positive comments from posters about today. I really like Joe Jacobs, looks really comfortable on a bike. Our newbies it seems are showing some real promise, which should keep the interest rate high amongst the Tigers fans for weeks to come. Joe Screen Is brilliant round Ashfield and can be worth the admission money alone - now if he could only start doing more of that away from home .....

I'm with MD, Henning is quite a concern and I read at the start of the season we were looking to sign him as an asset. I'm not convinced.

Edited by george.m

You lot must be watering down that Lech