British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

Feel for the riders who have spent time flying from Poland only to find the meeting has been called off.

Really, i feel for the fans who drove all the way up from poole. The riders will know doubt have their flights paid for, will the fans be re-embursed for a wasted trip??

• Like 2

Really, i feel for the fans who drove all the way up from poole. The riders will know doubt have their flights paid for, will the fans be re-embursed for a wasted trip??

We all know the answer to that one. And some still wonder why speedway in this country is dying on it's ar$e.

Well as a belle Vue fan I hope the BSPA take action. Today was. Joke. Track was perfectly fine with a little bit of water put down for the photo

We all know our top 2 missed flights. So for the sake of ringing Garrity and another to guest to ask to ride for our missing to we are now gonna get a substantial fine and deducted points and prob gifting Poole 4 points all because of our clueless management

Sorry to all fans and riders that arrived. Gutted for you. Let hope belle Vue reimburse you

• Like 8

Feel for the riders who have spent time flying from Poland only to find the meeting has been called off.

About time someone checked up on iffy call offs.

Delighted to read this.

They need to do the same with Rye House v Plymouth last weekend too.

The fans must also protest - but will the BSPA or S-lackofC-B will do anything about it - but if fans don't protest then it gives them enough scope to sweep this inconvenience under the carpet. Do yuo really think it will make the nationals? Perhaps the National Hairdressers weekly :).

len silver wont like that idea! :wink:

Joking and absent riders aside, I am not sure that there is much difference between the call off at Belle Vue and the call off at Rye House on Saturday.

I certainly know Plymouth fans who had booked accommodation so they could travel on to Newcastle the next day.

EDIT: Beat me to it, Dave.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

i can handle most things in life but cheats or cheating i struggle with.

• Like 1

I am sat in the hotel opposite the stadium,with my friends. we are totally peed off. £75 in fuel £90 for hotel between us plus food and drink. went over to track at 6-15 tofind it all locked up and not a soul to be seen, the weather was dry. The ptomoters were sat in the hotel with members of the council. They said it was the water main. I wish I had known about the riders missing at the time. Another waste of money, at least the riders will be reimburst unlike us supporters. Rant over.

Joking and absent riders aside, I am not sure that there is much difference between the call off at Belle Vue and the call off at Rye House on Saturday.

I certainly know Plymouth fans who had booked accommodation so they could travel on to Newcastle the next day.

EDIT: Beat me to it, Dave.

i agree, the BSPA should have sent a local referee to rye on saturday to check the state of the track.

I am sat in the hotel opposite the stadium,with my friends. we are totally peed off. £75 in fuel £90 for hotel between us plus food and drink. went over to track at 6-15 tofind it all locked up and not a soul to be seen, the weather was dry. The ptomoters were sat in the hotel with members of the council. They said it was the water main. I wish I had known about the riders missing at the time. Another waste of money, at least the riders will be reimburst unlike us supporters. Rant over.

Why go to Belle Vue?

It's a terrible track, Sometimes the meeting is off regardless of whether it rains.

Next time, Save up your money and come to Peterborough and watch a fantastic meeting on a fantastic race track which will result in a meeting almost certainly being on unless there is heavy showers.

Regards.

I would suggest you write to the BV promotion. Do you have fuel reciepts and hotel reciepts??

Why go to Belle Vue?

It's a terrible track, Sometimes the meeting is off regardless of whether it rains.

Next time, Save up your money and come to Peterborough and watch a fantastic meeting on a fantastic race track which will result in a meeting almost certainly being on unless there is heavy showers.

Regards.

edited for you..

(and your almost guaranteed to pick up a minimum three points).. :wink:

• Like 1

i agree, the BSPA should have sent a local referee to rye on saturday to check the state of the track.

I think the difference is Poole have gone nuts (utterly justifiably) and they were actually at the track, where as Plymouth haven't and weren't.

Its still a match that was called off completely unnecessarily, though, without any thought for the paying spectator.

I had planned to go to Rye House in late May; I will be going to Eastbourne (whose weather forecast on Saturday was exactly the same) instead.

Or not. New and better photo out now.

This happened at Hyde Rd many years back and made that area like a pudding.

Thank god we're moving.

i remember that at Hyude Road...the track looked ok but when i stood on it it was moving under your feet like a bouncy castle...horrendous

I personally hope the book gets launched in their faces right between the eyes. Totally out of order from The BV management.... and they really think they could get away with it. :blink: shocking....truly shocking.