British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

Seems like an attempt by BV to use their local paper to influence any potential decision and to curry favour with their fans. Totally wrong imo. NB I'm not one of the Poole fans that would support Poole being awarded the 4 points - but there has to be some proper disciplinary action!!

Edited by Skidder1

Can you please show the link as there is nothing in the online Manchester Evening News page, nothing on BV website and nothing on SCB website!!!!!!!!

I was going to scan it but my scanner won`t play Ball , I`ll find it over weekend and type word by word , Basically it says the SCB has decided to take no further action

Lucky

Can you please show the link as there is nothing in the online Manchester Evening News page, nothing on BV website and nothing on SCB website!!!!!!!!

I was going to scan it but my scanner won`t play Ball , I`ll find it over weekend and type word by word , Basically it says the SCB has decided to take no further action

Lucky

Seems like an attempt by BV to use their local paper to influence any potential decision and to curry favour with their fans. Totally wrong imo. NB I'm not one of the Poole fans that would support Poole being awarded the 4 points - but there has to be some proper disciplinary action!!

Over the Years there have been other Teams/Promotions that have should we say " called off Meetings under odd circumstances" Belle Vue`s only problem

is how they went about things seemingly

Lucky

This is the same SCB that took no action when Poole riders admited in writing they were throwing meetings to get averages down. Why are people shocked?

Do as you like, nothing gets done about it.

This is the same SCB that took no action when Poole riders admited in writing they were throwing meetings to get averages down. Why are people shocked?

Really, and where would that had been??

Proof please...........never heard so much rubbish in my life.............

the truth will out!!!

justice is served, no one tried to 'con' anyone else, and all acted with the utmost integrity, just as it should be.....

the sport can now move on into a glowingly successful future now such a complete and thorough investigation has been observed with meticulous detail being so expertly dissected...

there's nothing to see here, please move along.... :rofl:

Where's the 'Official Statement' from the SCB exactly????!!! I've seen the article, which even I could have written had I been a journo in Manchester!!!!!! :rofl: I needn't have even been in Manchester - I could have emailed it through if I'd been stuck at an airport overseas, maybe!!!!

Edited by Skidder1

In football I believe only a referee can call a match off This should be the same in speedway. If for any reason a club (waterlogged track etc) want to call

off a meeting then they should ask the SCB to supply a ref who then makes the decision. This episode does leave a bad taste in your mouth and pages of ammo for the conspiracy theorists out there

• Like 2

the truth will out!!!

justice is served, no one tried to 'con' anyone else, and all acted with the utmost integrity, just as it should be.....

the sport can now move on into a glowingly successful future now such a complete and thorough investigation has been observed with meticulous detail being so expertly dissected...

there's nothing to see here, please move along.... :rofl:

Rubbish.

Rubbish.

I think this needs a 'Whooooosh'. Where's Orion when he's wanted? :lol:

• Like 3

In football I believe only a referee can call a match off This should be the same in speedway. If for any reason a club (waterlogged track etc) want to call

off a meeting then they should ask the SCB to supply a ref who then makes the decision. This episode does leave a bad taste in your mouth and pages of ammo for the conspiracy theorists out there

Apparently Darren Hartley was sent down to inspect at one point but when that was it is unclear..........from what I can gather it was after it had been called off....................

RP

Here ya go , and I can`t see this being in print unless BV have`nt had some sort of notification fron the SCB ...... surely ??

Headline - Aces off the hook after burst Pipe

Belle Vue Aces have revealed that they will not be facing a hearing following the postponement against Poole a fortnght ago.

The Speedway Control Bureau announced that they were going to investigate the postponement after a reported burst pipe

waterlogged the second bend at Kirkmanshulme Lane.

Photos of the Track were posted on Twitter by disgruntled Poole riders , but they did not show the reported flooded areas,

However the SCB deemed it enough it enough to investigate.

Belle Vue issued an apology for the postponement the following day and on the back of that the SCB have decided not to hold a hearing

A new date for the Poole meeting is yet to be decided.

There was a few more paragraphs which covered other items unrelated to this Meeting

This report was written by a Mr Aaron Flanagan who is quite new to reporting on BV news in the Manchester Evening News.

Lucky

Wouldn't it be funny if Poole refused to return there..............bet they wouldn't do nothing then!!!

• Like 3

Love it.. Belle Vue issued an apology so the SCB felt that's enough! No wonder this sport has no respect.

It's the SCB who investigated not the BSPA!!

Strange an article has been published without the official statement from the SCB's investigation being made public 1st!!!

And who do think runs the SCB, Harkess & CVS.