British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

Because this is the BSPA & SCB, they don't do straight answers.

They just tell you what they want you to know and they certainly don't want this horrible little PR disaster made fully public.

I rather liked Graham Reeve,s explanation in the Star today why they (the SCB) had gone down a certain route when declining to award the match 75-0 to Poole.

"If we did that, it could be financially worthwhile for an away promoter to get the home promoter to rain off a meeting off fictitiously in the future, knowing that the away promoter could give a backhander to pay any fees"

Doesn't say much for Reeve,s opinion of members of the BSPA does it, not that I am saying he is wrong to believe that.

• Like 5

Why are you persisting in muddying the waters? What relevance does what the Poole riders were tweeting have to anything? Why the SCB sent someone to inspect, is of no consequence unless it was frivolous and there was no case to answer (it wasn't though, was it). The SCB asked a referee to attend and, what he discovered and presumably documented, resulted in Belle Vue being fined and docked points. Only those present at the SCB meeting will know any other facts such as riders whereabouts and whether anyone turned up to fix the burst main.

I had assumed this referred to Poole being awarded four points from the meeting, which they decided was unfair on the other clubs in the league. Of course the other clubs are supposed to benefit equally or it wouldn't be a punishment, would it.

Maybe the Poole riders tweeting pictures of the wrong part of the track muddied the waters and forced the SCB to take action?

Maybe the Poole riders tweeting pictures of the wrong part of the track muddied the waters and forced the SCB to take action?

You're making an issue out of something beside the point. The crux is BV were found guilty and punished, presumably for just cause. Why the SCB sent the referee to document the evidence is just you muddying the waters.

There are none so blind as those that will not see...

Slander??

Skyjack hasn't slandered anybody.

What is much closer to slander is implying someone has lied about his location when that location is relevant, or a much better example would be accusing someone of fabricating a story to protect his business interests and also accusing him of overcharging and implying price fixing.

I know both are ridiculous examples, no intelligent person would even think something as moronic never mind actually posting it, but I hope it helps you understand the gist what slander actually means.

You never know, it might stop you from making such a gormless mistake yourself lol!

Well no you have confused me, I always thought slander was spoken and libel written. Thank god I didnt go into a full explanation when I didn't understand myself. It would have been a gormless mistake wouldn't it. To be fair though you do gormless very well

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 2

Re Skyjack's post 625:

"Graham may run the SCB on a day to day basis .....To cheat at this stage would be utter

madness!........etc etc....."

Skyjack seems to be saying that BV are innocent of the charges. I think the clue to the truth is in the SCB statement:

The findings of this enquiry and subsequently (sic) admission by the Belle Vue Promotion led to a Disciplinary Hearing being held yesterday at the offices of the Auto Cycle Union in Rugby.

I think it says that BV admitted what they'd done. Any need to waste any more pages of the forum arguing their innocence or otherwise??

Ha ha ha ha ha

Do keep up old boy, things have moved on a bit.

Just incase you hadn't noticed this is the Internet, a newfangled thing that oldies or silver surfers are getting to grips with, some better than others.

Here is an link to help you.......

http://www.contactla...e-internet.html

If you are lucky you may be able to what is called click on the link. If you're not lucky you will have to do something called cut and paste.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask.

What your answer has to do with Oldace's post is beyond me. I take it you ran out of poor arguments.

Actually, now I see, I was being thick.

However, what I don't see is why you're prattling on.

Your club have been found out for cheating. The evidence must have been damning as usually the SCB are useless. Aces51 showed how you maybe should have posted a few pages back.

Edited by Kester
  • Like 1

You're making an issue out of something beside the point. The crux is BV were found guilty and punished, presumably for just cause. Why the SCB sent the referee to document the evidence is just you muddying the waters.

Why was the referee sent? Because members of the SCB saw pictures pictures that suggested the track was fine. Why not take accurate pictures of the part of the track that's causing the problem and ask the SCB to send someone.

The pictures posted on twitter by Poole riders were a deliberate misrepresentation of the state of the BV track. They deliberately didn't show the problematic part of the track that lead to the cancellation and these pictures also lead to an inaccurate article in the local press, in turn bringing the sport in to disrepute.

So if BV are fined £5k, for what we don't know exactly but they've been found guilty and Poole were fined £1k for no Magic, then surely posting inflammatory pictures is equally sanction-able!?

Why was the referee sent? Because members of the SCB saw pictures pictures that suggested the track was fine. Why not take accurate pictures of the part of the track that's causing the problem and ask the SCB to send someone.

The pictures posted on twitter by Poole riders were a deliberate misrepresentation of the state of the BV track. They deliberately didn't show the problematic part of the track that lead to the cancellation and these pictures also lead to an inaccurate article in the local press, in turn bringing the sport in to disrepute.

So if BV are fined £5k, for what we don't know exactly but they've been found guilty and Poole were fined £1k for no Magic, then surely posting inflammatory pictures is equally sanction-able!?

But clearly all the evidence presented to the SCB has demonstrated that Belle Vue pulled a fast one and have been caught. How the suspicion came about is irrelevant, why you keep going on about tweets is beyond me. The only disrepute being heaped on the sport has resulted from Belle Vue's misguided actions.

• Like 1

Why is this still being debated? - they pleaded guilty for god sake! They got off lightly IMHO - time to move on now...

• Like 1

Simple enough question, to Drop a Cop, Skyjack2, the SCB and the BV promotion. Was there a burst water pipe?

Belle Vue have a fine tradition of doing things in the correct manner, we are the club everyone can look up to in terms of honesty and integrity. We accept the rules and decisions even when sometimes there appears to be an error. If we need to question authority we do it through the appropriate channels.

When the meeting was postponed I was very disappointed and, based on details posted on this thread, it did appear to be more than a little odd. Once Belle Vue issued the statement and apology it became clear that there was no deliberate wrong doing and a simple mistake had been made which could only be revealed with the benefit of hindsight.

I accepted the apology because I believe Dave Gordon and Chris Morton MBE to be honest men but in the circumstances an inquiry was correct.

While it may be difficult for some of the thicker members of this forum to accept the decision it should always be the case that any judgement is based on facts and not conjecture based on some of the garbage posted as facts on this and other forums by unreliable people.

Lets see who is big enough to 'man up' and admit they were wrong to accuse Belle Vue of lying?

I'm not holding my breath.

I remember this, it's still beautiful. The first paragraph is particularly majestic.

• Like 1

Simple enough question, to Drop a Cop, Skyjack2, the SCB and the BV promotion. Was there a burst water pipe?

Well we are not sure now whether the track was flooded because Darren Hartley is not an experienced Elite League ref. It is that experience of reffing at the top level that enables you to determine whether a track is flooded or bone dry

• Like 3

Skyjack, the pictures played a part (not the sole reason) in bringing the events of that day to the attention of the SCB. If after investigation the Belle Vue promotion were found to be correct, then you would have an argument regarding the tweeted pictures. However they weren't.

Perhaps you should focus more on the photos of the effected area that were published by Belle Vue, after all, if there was indeed no burst mains (you say chinese whispers, Belle Vue official site says different) then Belle Vue have dumped water on the track and posted a picture to try and justify there reason for postponement. Not only that but then continued the story later that day with further updates of 'riders safety' being paramount etc. It was only AFTER the SCB had sent the referee along and they realised they were caught red handed did the subsequent apology appear.

As others have said, the question that needs answering is, was there a burst water pipe at all?

Edited by BWitcher

There was NO burst water pipe

Otherwise why would we get any punishment and why would we apologise

This threads getting a little bit silly now

• Like 3