British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

What your answer has to do with Oldace's post is beyond me. I take it you ran out of poor arguments.

Actually, now I see, I was being thick.

However, what I don't see is why you're prattling on.

Your club have been found out for cheating. The evidence must have been damning as usually the SCB are useless. Aces51 showed how you maybe should have posted a few pages back.

Poole were fined when Magic missed his flight. BV cancelled a meeting and it seems Poole riders suggested on Twiiter that BV riders were delayed and therefore unavailable and that BV cancelled the meeting unduly for that reason and fabricated a problem with the track to justify the cancellation.

What bugs some of us up in BV land is that Poole have got form for using the influence they have with the SCB to get a ruling that they require. If BV appeal there will be a lot of negative publicity attached to their stadium plans and they could do without that.

Given that Poole riders moaned about the track on Twitter last time they came to BV, it might seem sensible to try an offer the World Champion a decent track to race on next time. However, they moaned about something else this time and took dodgy photos to justify it.

It stinks a bit...

If the 2nd bend was fine at 16:07 or 16:15 then take a picture of it and say look it's fine. Don't walk to the other end of the track and say look the tracks fine... here's a picture of the 4th bend.

I don't get it!?

Posting later at 17:54 that 'there was a little bit of water coming out of turn 2' doesn't help, it sounds like a slightly guilty conscience. Speedway riders are awesome, so I'm not a fan of criticising them.

Then again maybe BV cheated to give themselves chance of winning 3 points against Poole next time around when the meeting was rescheduled...

It smells like politics again..

Poole were fined when Magic missed his flight. BV cancelled a meeting and it seems Poole riders suggested on Twiiter that BV riders were delayed and therefore unavailable and that BV cancelled the meeting unduly for that reason and fabricated a problem with the track to justify the cancellation.

What bugs some of us up in BV land is that Poole have got form for using the influence they have with the SCB to get a ruling that they require. If BV appeal there will be a lot of negative publicity attached to their stadium plans and they could do without that.

Given that Poole riders moaned about the track on Twitter last time they came to BV, it might seem sensible to try an offer the World Champion a decent track to race on next time. However, they moaned about something else this time and took dodgy photos to justify it.

It stinks a bit...

If the 2nd bend was fine at 16:07 or 16:15 then take a picture of it and say look it's fine. Don't walk to the other end of the track and say look the tracks fine... here's a picture of the 4th bend.

I don't get it!?

Posting later at 17:54 that 'there was a little bit of water coming out of turn 2' doesn't help, it sounds like a slightly guilty conscience. Speedway riders are awesome, so I'm not a fan of criticising them.

Then again maybe BV cheated to give themselves chance of winning 3 points against Poole next time around when the meeting was rescheduled...

So you are suggesting that the SCB did not look at any evidence as to whether there actually was a burst pipe or not, they simply saw it was Poole and made a decision.

Let's forget all of your above post as it's utterly irrelevant, I'll make it simple.

Was there a burst pipe?

No - Belle Vue cheated

Yes - They didn't cheat.

Edited by Kester

It stinks a bit...

I don't get it!?

Oh there's a smell alright, but it's certainly not politics.

Maybe you could explain what ruling Poole required? I presume, seeing how they have this influence with the SCB, that they've done rather well out of this.

Edited by Nellie

Simple enough question, to Drop a Cop, Skyjack2, the SCB and the BV promotion. Was there a burst water pipe?

They said there was on the day.

Well we are not sure now whether the track was flooded because Darren Hartley is not an experienced Elite League ref. It is that experience of reffing at the top level that enables you to determine whether a track is flooded or bone dry

The track was never claimed to be flooded. It was claimed it was waterlogged on the 2nd bend. We don't know what Darren thought, or what he put in his report when he took pictures.

Skyjack, the pictures played a part (not the sole reason) in bringing the events of that day to the attention of the SCB. If after investigation the Belle Vue promotion were found to be correct, then you would have an argument regarding the tweeted pictures. However they weren't. Perhaps you should focus more on the photos of the effected area that were published by Belle Vue, after all, if there was indeed no burst mains (you say chinese whispers, Belle Vue official site says different) then Belle Vue have dumped water on the track and posted a picture to try and justify there reason for postponement. Not only that but then continued the story later that day with further updates of 'riders safety' being paramount etc. It was only AFTER the SCB had sent the referee along and they realised they were caught red handed did the subsequent apology appear. As others have said, the question that needs answering is, was there a burst water pipe at all?

Why not take a picture of the 2nd bend, why go to the other end of the track to take pictures? BV apologised to avoid an unfortunate PR incident. They never said they were guilty of wrong doing, they said they accepted that they had made an error of judgement in cancelling the meeting when they did. It's subtle political manoeuvring. As is taking pictures from the other end of the track instead of taking pictures of the 2nd bend...

Oh there's a smell alright, but it's certainly not politics.

Maybe you could explain what ruling Poole required? I presume, seeing how they have this influence with the SCB, that they've done rather well out of this.

They are now above BV in the table as a result of the hearing. They've gained an advantage over an opponent.

The whole fiasco is unprecedented and is possibly the most serious breach any club has been responsible for in the history of the sport.

I have been watching speedway for a few years and I can't remember any team being deducted points.

As thing stand the SCB haven't even revealed what Belle Vue have actually been sanctioned for.

That's what the statement said.

Until the SCB reveal their findings I doubt we will ever find out.

I am as frustrated as anybody.

Totally agree with all of that. Until we know if there was a burst pipe or not and what BV have been punished for we're going to go around in circles because we're arguing different things. Att he moment, nobody is telling us, most of us have assumed there was no burst pipe and BV lied but we have no proof of that.

Why not take a picture of the 2nd bend, why go to the other end of the track to take pictures? BV apologised to avoid an unfortunate PR incident. They never said they were guilty of wrong doing, they said they accepted that they had made an error of judgement in cancelling the meeting when they did. It's subtle political manoeuvring. As is taking pictures from the other end of the track instead of taking pictures of the 2nd bend...

Listen up! There was no burst water main so pictures aren't really relevant! For simplicity here is what happened: BV lied, they apologised, SCB tribunal, Found guilty, BV punished, everyone satisfied - except 2 BV fans with shovels who keep digging. Got it now? :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Head. Brick wall. AAARRRGGHHH!!

The guy is a journalist too, I think he learnt all he knows off this guy.

http://www.welovethe...onminister.com/

Our track is perfect........David Gordon is the messiah..........We'll host a GP in 2015.............Curse the Poole infidels

Totally agree with all of that. Until we know if there was a burst pipe or not and what BV have been punished for we're going to go around in circles because we're arguing different things. Att he moment, nobody is telling us, most of us have assumed there was no burst pipe and BV lied but we have no proof of that.

It's hard to see how the SCB would have come to their decision if there had been a burst pipe. A fine and points deducted for a late call off?

Edited by Kester

Apart from those who believe that the Earth is flat, or regard the Holocaust as nothing more than spurious Zionist propaganda, most of us now accept that the Belle Vue Promotion cancelled the meeting without due reason, lying to both the public and authorities as to their reasons for doing so.

As a result Belle Vue will not, for the next two seasons, be able to postpone a meeting, without a referee being in attendance.

It's a pity that this isn't established as the norm, and written into the rule book accordingly. I'm sure we all know of many other occasions when meetings have been called off under "iffy" circumstances, the only difference this time was that due to their incompetence / lack of professionalism / ineptitude (delete as applicable) the Belle Vue Promotion got caught!!

http://www.bellevuea...tem.aspx?id=902

I'm not sure BV ever even said officially that it was a 'burst' water main. See above. The picture of the track published on twitter showed surface water. Not water gushing through the track surface from a burst water main!?

Listen up! There was no burst water main so pictures aren't really relevant! For simplicity here is what happened: BV lied, they apologised, SCB tribunal, Found guilty, BV punished, everyone satisfied - except 2 BV fans with shovels who keep digging. Got it now? :rolleyes:

See above. A leaking pipe/water main is very different to a burst water main.

Pictures were taken by the referee who was sent to inspect the track, to be used as evidence, so how can they be irrelevant!?

http://www.bellevuea...tem.aspx?id=903

Where did BV admit to lying?

I don't think Chris Morton MBE is a liar or a cheat. He might be guilty of being a bit short but there can't be too many tall ex speedway riders wandering around even in Poole...

The guy is a journalist too, I think he learnt all he knows off this guy.

http://www.welovethe...onminister.com/

Our track is perfect........David Gordon is the messiah..........We'll host a GP in 2015.............Curse the Poole infidels

It's hard to see how the SCB would have come to their decision if there had been a burst pipe. A fine and points deducted for a late call off?

The BV track is rubbish on occasion, because it has to facilitate about half as many stock car and banger meetings, a season, as speedway meetings. That takes its toll on the track surface.

Try that at Poole, or Wolves and see how happy Noddy and Darcy, or Tai and Freddie are?

BV are guilty of an early call off not a late one. At worst, they may have jumped the gun because it suited them to call it off and they were aware that Poole fans were travelling a long way.

For the next two seasons the earliest call off your likely to get from BV is 6pm when the referee arrives.

Apart from those who believe that the Earth is flat, or regard the Holocaust as nothing more than spurious Zionist propaganda, most of us now accept that the Belle Vue Promotion cancelled the meeting without due reason, lying to both the public and authorities as to their reasons for doing so.

As a result Belle Vue will not, for the next two seasons, be able to postpone a meeting, without a referee being in attendance.

It's a pity that this isn't established as the norm, and written into the rule book accordingly. I'm sure we all know of many other occasions when meetings have been called off under "iffy" circumstances, the only difference this time was that due to their incompetence / lack of professionalism / ineptitude (delete as applicable) the Belle Vue Promotion got caught!!

Comparing this issue to Holocaust denial says a lot more a bout you than it does about anybody else who's made a comment in defence of BV.

Perhaps you might like to reconsider that statement...!?

BV might have apologised but that doesn't mean they lied.

I'm not suggesting BV are perfect but the dodgy Poole Twitter pics of the BV track are as "iffy" as anything BV did in terms of trying to get an advantage out of difficult circumstances.

Phillius D. Fogghead ESQ.

Manchester Flat Earth Society

:party:

Edited by Skyjack2
  • Like 2

Please please, pretty please...LOCK this 'kin' thread...

• Like 1

If they don't like the harsh setence, then don't do it again, had they got something pathetic it would of opened the floodgates for other clubs taking the piss with dodgy reasons for postponements.

Wake up, its happened plenty of times throughout the many years this sport has ran, B Vue's biggest problem was that they got caught because certain Poole riders posted incorrect photo.s on Twitter.

Lets all see if it does indeed deter other promotions from calling off meeting that could and should of ran.

Wake up, its happened plenty of times throughout the many years this sport has ran, B Vue's biggest problem was that they got caught because certain Poole riders posted incorrect photo.s on Twitter.

Lets all see if it does indeed deter other promotions from calling off meeting that could and should of ran.

Poole riders may have posted pictures that may have been inaccurate but the fact remains there was no pipe burst and BV are still yet to publicly deny that their 2 ht leaders had missed their flights!

At the end of the day we all know why the meeting was called off.

Poole riders may have posted pictures that may have been inaccurate but the fact remains there was no pipe burst and BV are still yet to publicly deny that their 2 ht leaders had missed their flights!

At the end of the day we all know why the meeting was called off.

There was water on the 2nd bend, Fact, did B Vue promoters rig it to get the meeting called of, maybe but we fans don't know that as a fact. Holder posted Rungates photo of the wrong part of the track, Fact. Did he do that to cause B Vue trouble,maybe but we fans don't know that as a fact.

At the end of the day they must of admitted something to the SCB to get a big fine (yes its big in speedway terms) but we the fans don't know what. As for having 3 pts deducted then saying "so as not to advantage any other teams" is down right hypercritical.

:rofl:

Only way to describe some of the deluded Belle Vue posters on here.

Aces51 and I have had our disagreements, but he has made the perfect post regarding this situation. It's a shame a couple of Belle Vue fans can't do the same.