British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Buxton Vs Isle Of Wight

Only Charles can hold his head up after todays meeting,our riders just did not gate good and when they did seemed to be outpased i know Tyler is only a young lad but to me hes just not ready for National league like Micky Niele last year,, he now should be given a chance at a team place.Something should be done to strengthen us a number two come on Jack get it done before the League meetings start.

• Like 1

Thought IOW looked good on paper.Great win - very impressive.

So its okay to see a Team put out an uncompetitive team, ?

no that goes to the root of the problems in British speedway.

Didn't look too uncompetitive to me!!

Neil Buxton certainly were more than swamped . We need Widman at No 2

The issue is that Buxton do not yet have a strong team and still have 4.47 points to play with. Putting Chris Widman in at 2 would only reduce that to 3.98 if my maths are correct and that is not enough of a jump to make any real difference.

Buxton have put together a team of youngsters who are being given the chance to develop so there may well be some big defeats on the way, but who would have anticipated Adam Ellis scoring a maximum on his first visit to Buxton?

As I said in my earlier post, I think it was the best debut performance by a visiting rider that I have seen in all of my years watching Buxton.

• Like 1

the ipswich promotion and anyone that has seen him ride

I take your point but Buxton is not Ipswich or the IOW. He is a very talented rider but a maximum on his first visit is outstanding.

Us IOW fans are hoping for a lot of that this season :)

I take your point but Buxton is not Ipswich or the IOW. He is a very talented rider but a maximum on his first visit is outstanding.

Completely agree. He may be a massive talent, but you only have to look at his score in the u21 semi at Plymouth to see he has to put some work into small tracks.

Riders with much more experience than him screwed up that day. Read the reports on the individual meetings thread. That meeting should never have gone ahead

Completely agree. He may be a massive talent, but you only have to look at his score in the u21 semi at Plymouth to see he has to put some work into small tracks.

But how many track are as tiny as Plymouth? He had 0 problems getting around Buxton and never looked in any trouble at all. He reminded me of the first time I saw Mark Loram - let's hope he has just as successful a career as Mark did.

I think you both missed my point but tbf I didn't word it as good as I could. Basically I meant Adam hadn't ridden the Plymouth track before that night (I'm aware of the awful conditions but Buxton isn't the best track either) and for one reason or another he didn't perform. Just because he's a talent doesn't mean he's going to go out and win races, which was the case. His performance on Sunday though was simply amazing, and I doubt many would have predicted that he beat Wright 3 times.

the jewel in iow crown is adam at reserve daz did solid riding perry little off pace no borris will be a blow rest of team nothing outstanding not to worried about dudley south when they visit us buxton looking whipping boys again long with stoke i think it is open season for at least 5 teams this year

• Like 1

How long before the new averages come out and Adam Ellis moves into the main body of the team?

I was told that he will at reserve until they have done 4 league meetings - possibly 2 at home and 2 away.