British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boobs

Berwick V Workington 04/05

Think if that's what he's saying and how he's feeling the best thing he could is step aside and let someone else do it

N.b Just read these comments and it would seem that Alex is putting his point across in a constructive manner to which he is getting the same constructive feedback from the fans

It appears he has now removed these comments.Sound advice from someone I think !

You sure his average is that high?

Riding to his average of 4.36 according to this:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/issues13/pl13_dec_7.pdf

If you look at these averages it would suggest that perhaps building a team 1 pt below the limit, plus Ricky's run of bad luck, is where the results lie.

All of the riders are either at or above their starting averages.

• Like 1

Riding to his average of 4.36 according to this:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/issues13/pl13_dec_7.pdf

If you look at these averages it would suggest that perhaps building a team 1 pt below the limit, plus Ricky's run of bad luck, is where the results lie.

All of the riders are either at or above their starting averages.

Thats rolling averages.

His 2013 average alone is below 4.00 a meeting, or was last time i looked.

It appears he has now removed these comments.Sound advice from someone I think !

So the keyboard commandos get to air their views - and in some cases personal attacks - but the riders can't put their views across?

Hmmmmmm...

We are not at war with Eurasia...

• Like 2

So the keyboard commandos get to air their views - and in some cases personal attacks - but the riders can't put their views across?

Hmmmmmm...

We are not at war with Eurasia...

In fairness its the same in any sport, you have fans unhappy with certain peoples performances and have to expect them to air their views.

The berwick track is reportedly better than ever now though - so its a bit of an insult to the promotion for a three point reserve to start slagging the track off.

I think it would be best for all concerned at berwick if edberg was to be released... He cant keep blaming his scores on the track. Its been roughly the same ever since it opened has it not?

In fairness its the same in any sport, you have fans unhappy with certain peoples performances and have to expect them to air their views.

The berwick track is reportedly better than ever now though - so its a bit of an insult to the promotion for a three point reserve to start slagging the track off.

I think it would be best for all concerned at berwick if edberg was to be released... He cant keep blaming his scores on the track. Its been roughly the same ever since it opened has it not?

But, he wasn't slagging-off the track.

• Like 1

has the same basic shape as Berwick and has been used for world finals / GPs for years

has Edberg rode it?

has Edberg rode it?

not unless he joined the grand prix circus without us knowing

• Like 1

But, he wasn't slagging-off the track.

What was he doing then? From the comments ive read here, it seems he was

What a great, constructive reply.

• Like 2

What was he doing then? From the comments ive read here, it seems he was

Nope.

I'm not going to quote it as he choose to leave the group, hence the post has gone.

Not my place to do that.

All I would say is that if some soi disant fans put as much effort into supporting their team as they do firing off a load of bull on the Internet, then things would be a lot better.

• Like 1

He has been moaning about the track, wrong size and all that nonsense... He did it last week and done it this season, did he make the same comments when he posted high scores last season?

The problem is clearly not the track - away teams certainly seem able to ride it.

I think what he was saying - and I might have interpreted it wrongly - is that the current equipment and the Berwick track do not work together very well.

For example, the bikes are so fast around a large track, also the bikes are not as easy to control when going out into the dirt due to the effects of the new silencers.

Racing has very clearly changed over the past two years, and there is more and more discussion about equipment being a factor, rather than tracks and riders.

He also pointed out that GP riders have a completely different level of resources available to them in terms of equipment.

It was actually quite a good discussion and a few people put constructive questions to him which he answered.

It shows you, though, just how destructive a few idiots can be on the Internet.

What it did, for me, was give me a bit of insight into why the racing has been so disappointing.

That gives me confidence that it will get fixed at some point, although the powers that be are the ones who have to initiate it.

I keep going back to the great racing during 2005 that I have been watching recently.

However, the times were 67 - 68 seconds compared to 64 - 65 seconds a heat.

You have to be going some lick to come from behind nowadays.

I hope that goes some way to tempering the discussion.

Very fair point eddie but it leaves my earlier question unanswered - how come away riders find it easy enough?