British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Glasgow Pl Monday 6th May 2013

I would have gone with the wee one today if it was that time. Scotland's Secret Bunker got the cash instead.

I think that one was because Newcastle United had an evening match . But it was great getting back to Glasgow in good time to hit the pubs

• Like 1

Even the ref feeling sorry for Glasgow by ht14. THE most ougrageous flier I have ever seen. Ever.

• Like 1

Glasgow were always going to be up against it with 3 riders who had never seen the place before plus throw in Wright who's been pretty useless on his last few visits to brough so not really a surprise at the score.... Glad to see Steve getting in amongst the points again looked quicker today than he has lately to. Can see Glasgow getting on alrite at home but fear a few more hidings for them on there travels.

Much improved effort from Steve W. this evening. Thought he looked a lot better and you could see his confidence increase with every Ride. I hope we stick with him because I believe that once he fully regains his confidence he will be a GREAT asset to the Team. Nice touch by George to put him in Heat 15.

Not a bad meeting despite the scoreline. A couple a cracking races when Lindgren passed Screen and Robbo passed Grievesy.

Bager looked much happier once the ref allowed him rolling starts. Might help his confidence though.

Strange decision to give the pointless Ringwood a tac ride and not Joe Screen. Someone will have explain that one to me.

Really would have liked to have been at this meeting but can't due to late return back home. School night.

Does anyone know if an earlier start on a Bank Holiday has been considered for this regular fixture? Perhaps it's been done before but not worth it? Tsunami perhaps?

Sorry, just seen this George.

For a number of years we used to be at Glasgow at about 12 Noon, and the return was back at our place for about a 7.00pm start. Very frantic, especially if you got injuries in the first match, or if riders had mechanical probs. Although a fans favourite on a Bank Holiday, it was not always popular with the riders, and eventually agreed Glasgow on the Sunday(they have priority) and Newcastle on the Monday when it is always a local holiday, as opposed to Glasgow.

Some decent racing despite the scoreline. Track was good early on but after it was wattered it seemed to cause problems to the riders around truns 3 and 4 which spoilt it a bit.

As mentioned Glasgow's TR decisions were odd. Grieves had a very poor first ride and was then given a TR against Robson and Lindgren which always looked a nailed on 5-1. And then Ringwood who had struggled was given a TR in heat 8, again against Robson resulting in another 5-1. The TR's were never going to impact the result but better use could have made the score more respectable.

Good to see Steve Worrall riding with a lot more speed and confidence. That was more like it. Seems to be going ok again at home now and just needs to transfer that to the away matches. Lewis again rode well, what a signing he has been.

This was always going to be a big home win. Glasgow are clearly trying to build up assets for the future and although none of the new lads really stood out it's an understandable approach from a new promotion in difficult financial times. Worth perservering with.

Sorry, just seen this George.

For a number of years we used to be at Glasgow at about 12 Noon, and the return was back at our place for about a 7.00pm start. Very frantic, especially if you got injuries in the first match, or if riders had mechanical probs. Although a fans favourite on a Bank Holiday, it was not always popular with the riders, and eventually agreed Glasgow on the Sunday(they have priority) and Newcastle on the Monday when it is always a local holiday, as opposed to Glasgow.

Thanks Tsunami. An afternoon start at Newcastle in future would be appreciated if you have any influence. ;)

Thanks Tsunami. An afternoon start at Newcastle in future would be appreciated if you have any influence. ;)

I run the training school in the afternoon, but I am sure we will have a bike for you. :P