British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rhidassa

Kings Lynn Young Stars Vs Coventry Storm 8th May 7.30pm

So, tomorrow sees the Young Stars take on Coventry.

Press Release from KLStars.co.uk:

The King's Lynn Young Stars launch their 2013 National League season this Wednesday night with a mouthwatering clash against new arrivals Coventry Storm.

Darren Mallett is back to lead the Young Stars at number one following a successful return to the sport last year. The experienced Brit is joined at the head of the team by winter signing Shane Waldron who impressed with a paid 9 points against a USA dream team last week.

In form Lewis Kerr captain's the side at number 5 while Jake Knight & James Cockle complete the main body of the team. At reserve for the Young Stars is Lewis Rose and Shane Hazelden.

The visiting Storm have assembled a strong side with new British U21 Champion Robert Branford and Joe Jacobs leading latest side to join the sports lowest division. Coventry opened their season with a defeat to last years winners Mildenhall away at the West Row race track.

Gates at the Norfolk Arena open at 6:30pm with racing starting from 7:30pm. Admission prices: Adults: £10, Concessions: £8, Juniors (12-15 Years Old): £4, Kids under 11: £FREE

King's Lynn Young Stars

Darren Mallett, Shane Waldron, Jake Knight, James Cockle, Lewis Kerr ©, Lewis Rose, Shane Hazelden.

Coventry Storm

Joe Jacobs, Richard Franklin, Robert Branford, Brendan Johnson, James Sarjeant, Tommy Fenwick, Martin Knuckey

Look forward to seeing you there :)

I'm hoping for a Storm win tonight, but with Jake scoring a maximum for Kings Lynn.....

Weather looks set fair, two good-looking teams, let's all get down to Saddlebow Road tonight!

I'm hoping for a Storm win tonight, but with Jake scoring a maximum for Kings Lynn.....

Weather looks set fair, two good-looking teams, let's all get down to Saddlebow Road tonight!

I understand the A14/A47 is already heavily laden with supporters making their way to East Anglia, whilst I'm anticipating traffic chaos between Norwich & King's Lynn in a couple of hours time.

Kent reckon they had around 3,000 at Central Park on Monday, well they ain't seen nothing yet.........................or have they :unsure:

Mike, wouldn't that be great to see!

For the Storm, Lee Geary replaces Martin Knuckey who has sadly suffered a family bereavement.

Mike, wouldn't that be great to see!

For the Storm, Lee Geary replaces Martin Knuckey who has sadly suffered a family bereavement.

So sorry to hear that news regarding Martin, and I'm sure that all our thoughts are with him and his family and friends.

• Like 2

Good luck to both teams, Shane Hazelden at reserve, who would have thought it..Im thinking the Young Stars have a little bit to much all round strength, but probably a close meeting, in prospect.

Good luck to both teams, Shane Hazelden at reserve, who would have thought it..Im thinking the Young Stars have a little bit to much all round strength, but probably a close meeting, in prospect.

I really will have to give up on my forecasting of results, i never get them right :wink: . however it could have gone either way, and i think Im right in saying, probably the Young stars threw it away, with to many falls.

The withdrawal of Cockle seems to have swung the meeting Storm's way and good luck to them.

Lewis Rose really needs to learn to stay aboard his steed as he is quick enough when upright.

• Like 1

Great result for the Storm. All scored well apart from Richard Franklyn.

Great result for the Storm. All scored well apart from Richard Franklyn.

Richard needs to sort out his equipment, he had all sorts of ef,s at Dudley.

I personally thought this meeting was a terrific advert not just for National League speedway, but British Speedway in general, and at the conclusion of Heat 14, there was never at any time more than four points between the two teams.

I'd have to admit on one hand that we probably did throw the meeting away, if that can be a fair way of describing the falls of both Lewis Rose and Jake Knight, But for goodness sake, they were racing their hearts out to win their side points, and yes, made mistakes, but that happens in life, at least they were trying.

Without to much doubt, the injury in Heat 3 to James Cockle cost us the match too, and there's little you can do about that.

But despite all that, lets not disrespect the efforts of Coventry, because they played an equal part in what was as good a meeting as any I've seen at the Norfolk Arena this year, with Jacobs, Branford and Sarjeant all looking class acts. Brendan Johnson had a good steady night, and for someone who is so new to this level of racing, who could fault Tommy Fenwick.

Yes, I'm a 'Young Stars' fan through and through, and think on a level playing field, we would have won last night, but we didn't, and congratulations to Coventry for seizing their opportunity. Beaten but far from disgraced, and I just can't wait for the next meeting in 2-weeks time against the Isle of Wight.

As for the attendance last night, well it was better than the 136 of the previous meeting where as Bagpuss quite rightly pointed out at the time, that people probably can't afford two meetings in a week, to which I agreed with his way of thinking. But what can be the reason for last nights still not good enough attendance, people hadn't been asked tro pay for two meetings this week!!

I can't and never will understand why the public won't turn out to give the side a viewing. There's obviously a lot of 'Stars' fans that have NEVER been to a 'Young Stars' match, as for whatever reason, they seem to have this misguided conception that it's second best............WRONG!!!

If only, if only, if only...............................Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

• Like 3

Enjoyed the meeting last night.

There were some really good close races.

Was really impressed with how much Lewis Rose has come on.If he could stay on the bike Lynn have a real trump card at reserve.

Jacobs move and race in Ht13 againts Kerr is what this league is all about.Young riders going for it and progressing.

I really wish people would give the NL a chance.Some of the best racing I've seen has come at NL level.They really are missing out on a good product.

1 final thing.The new announcer you have is something else.Gave us plenty to laugh about throughout the night.

Plenty of entertainment for £10..What more could you ask for?

Looking forward to Mildenhalls trip to the Norfolk Arena even more now :)

• Like 3

Mimmo you are so right. Superb evening's entertainment!

• Like 1

Do you think, The Chapmans could offer some sort of incentive, just as an occasional thing, to get the stay away fans through the gate, maybe the offer of a free admission to supporters who attend 4 EL meetings and retain there tickets, they can see 1 NL meeting free ? some sort incentive like that. Yes i agree they are missing out on some good racing, but getting them through the gates apart from dragging them kicking and screaming, is so difficult, kids for free definately is the way forward, but maybe with an adult.

• Like 1