British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Make Changes

Thank God we have done the double over Berwick last weekend in the PL :wink::D , a great signing in Kennett and hopefully will put bums back on seats at Berwick. Last Saturday was the first time I had been in about 2 seasons and couldn't believe the difference in the crowd was really low, can't fault the promotion for trying to improve things

• Like 2

well the promotion has acted. so lets stop complaining and get behind the team . show them we want speedway at berwick by actually going to meetings and get some atmosphere back into the stadium. hope ricky gets fit soon and good luck to alex. so welcome to berwick paul and edward.

• Like 3

Will this be just a temporary fix though? What happens when Ashworth is fit again? Kennett leaves and so do the crowds? I genuinely hope it all works out and I'm glad we've raced you already now because you are a lot stronger now!

I can't see what more the Promotion can do to push the club forward.

Changes way above what even the smartest of bottoms on here could suggest.

The responsibility really is on us fans to reciprocate this huge effort and support, support, support.

I'd hope to see Ricky and Alex back again, gutted for both of them, and hope Ricky recovers quickly.

In the meantime, what a signing in Kennet!

Paul Starke seems a very keen Brit, so he'll be getting the cheers from the 3rd bend to welcome him alongside Eddie.

I'm still astounded 5 hours after reading the news!

Welcome to the World Famous Shielfied Eddie and Paul!

Very pleased

• Like 3

I can't see what more the Promotion can do to push the club forward.

Changes way above what even the smartest of bottoms on here could suggest.

The responsibility really is on us fans to reciprocate this huge effort and support, support, support.

I'd hope to see Ricky and Alex back again, gutted for both of them, and hope Ricky recovers quickly.

In the meantime, what a signing in Kennet!

Paul Starke seems a very keen Brit, so he'll be getting the cheers from the 3rd bend to welcome him alongside Eddie.

I'm still astounded 5 hours after reading the news!

Welcome to the World Famous Shielfied Eddie and Paul!

Very pleased

Totally agree with what you say about the Promotion.

Having read and listened to what the fans so far this season, if this does not inspire thw stay away fans to come back then nothing will.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Ricky Ashworth is fit again will they keep Eddie or revert back Ricky, my gut feeling is that as from this moment Ricky is now available to ride for another club when he is fit and ready to ride.

Swindon do seem to want to stress it's a temporary deal in their press release though

Great signing but makes you wonder of the spin in speedway nowadays. How does a club that is struggling to commit to run pre season afford one of the league if not country's top earners, added to the fact the crowds are sparse and one of the backers son has been given the boot... It doesn't add up...

Hope it works long term and is not a massive gamble short term ala Newport.... Just the track to try sort now really as they can't do much more for Berwick speedway IMO.

Did Berwick ask Edberg to buy Kennets race suit before he was given the size 12 :D

Great couple of signings, just what Berwick needed

• Like 1

Having been onto the Swindon site,this now appears to be a short term signing,probably to get the team winning again.Presumably when Ashworths fit a ready to resume racing he would come back into the team.

Will this be just a temporary fix though? What happens when Ashworth is fit again? Kennett leaves and so do the crowds? I genuinely hope it all works out and I'm glad we've raced you already now because you are a lot stronger now!

These aren't temporary signings in that respect.

I don't know why people are going on about how expensive Kennett will be, isn't it something like £55 per point max in the Premier League this season :wink:

phew. good signing for the bandits.

Well done to the promotion on the signings i hope we see Alex and Ricky back in the black and gold at some point and thankyou to them for the entertainment they have given us, the only thing that really puzzles me about this is how the hell did the promotion manage to get the press release out before Taffy managed to scupper it..

• Like 3

Well done to the promotion on the signings i hope we see Alex and Ricky back in the black and gold at some point and thankyou to them for the entertainment they have given us, the only thing that really puzzles me about this is how the hell did the promotion manage to get the press release out before Taffy managed to scupper it..

Ha ha nice one

I posted some of this on the parallel thread that's running about Saturday's match, but here it is again:

I suspect the remarks from people going on about pay-scales are fueled in part by envy, that Berwick have achieved something they wish their club had done.

Berwick run to an acknowledged budget, but thankfully (after a winter of worries) are now bolstered by financial input and sponsorships which allow outside sources to assist in some of the club's heavier expenses.

The very fact of having a main sponsorship from a huge multinational group such as New Holland has probably attracted some of their new associate sponsors listed in their programme.

As for the cost of recruiting Eddie Kennet, like others before him it may be he has agreed to become a Bandit because he has heard good things about the club these last few seasons, they are making it easy for him to travel up and down, stop over when required and he feels comfortable with the management and promotion.

Lucky he doesn't read some of the stuff on here!

• Like 7