British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

World U21 Final Round Terenzano Saturday September 14th

Adam has made a superb start at Ipswich. I have been incredibly impressed with his race awareness as much as his speed - he has posted the 2nd fatest time EVER at Foxhall already!

Yes he has some rough edges - eg overlocking - but he is every bit the exciting prospect he is being touted as.

The most important part of all is that he seems to have a determination to go with his talent and doesnt seem the 'big I am' type who thinks he has already made the big time.

• Like 1

Good for him.Of course it is unfair to meet one rider twice and he also is right that it could be that the last heat is on paper his easiest.He could also be excluded or fall even if it is an easy heat.That is what gets me though with the Longtrack.I look sometimes at the scores and often two riders meet each other twice whilst not meeting another in the qualifiers before the semi's.....

Not only the losers complaining.One of the riders who has made it through has stated he hopes he never has to go to Ukraine again!!! Well he should think himself lucky he doesn't have the trip to Argentina haha

Also would like to say it was a promising performance from the two Brits.Howarth a but unlucky maybe,but Adam Ellis i thought got a very good result for someone so young and relatively new to the scene.Could have a couple of riders who at least have continental experience if Robert Lambert developes the way many hope.

I was going through some old sanoma's and there it said that when Finland was there for the U21 world cup, Krister Gardell was the ref and had promised that he would write such recommendations from the meeting that they would never host FIM meetings again... There's was some dodgy scrutineering and stuff like that.

Just a thought, but usually all the riders need to have same amount of rides when meeting is stopped. Now one of the reserves only had three. Should the results be declared after 12 instead of 16? Would not help Timo Lahti, but mess up someone else and make the ref look stupid... I'll look into this deeper!!!!!!!! :rofl:

• Like 1

It might also be worth having a limit on any nations numbers getting through.It does seem ridiculous that all the qualifiers from 1 round can come from one country!!!We have seen limits in other competitions.It is unfair that you can meet one rider two times and a weaker rider not at all in this situation.But really all riders should know that before the start.....bad news for Finland of course.Sweden also surprisingly weak.Well at least expected Thörnblom to do better

I dont see how the reserves scores can possible count. If I was Lahti/Finland and Bjerre/Denmark Id be arguing this one. If it's allowed it make the sport a bigger farce than before - well, actually, KK won the U21 title by wining a coin toss, so maybe not.

1st of the 3 finals at Pila on Saturday 29 th June. Not in draw order-plus 2 wildcards per round 1st race starts 3.20pm uk time

1 Mikkel B. Jensen Dania 2 Mikkel Michelsen Dania 3 Nicklas Porsing Dania 4 Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen Dania 5 Vaclav Milik Czechy 6 Patryk Dudek Polska 7 Bartosz Zmarzlik Polska 8 Tobiasz Musielak Polska 9 Piotr Pawlicki Polska 10 Adam Strzelec Polska 11 Andrzej Lebiediew Łotwa 12 Artur Czaja Polska 13 Kacper Gomólski Polska 14 Władimir Borodulin Rosja

Edited by racers and royals

Interesting on wildcards -- does this mean the wildcards at Berwick might not be British?

Although I'd expect Kyle Howarth to be there (not only deserving, but northerm-based and a great attraction for Workington supporters to travel across country) is it possible that -- for instance -- David Bellego could be nominated? Or Max Fricke?

• Like 1

Interesting on wildcards -- does this mean the wildcards at Berwick might not be British?

Although I'd expect Kyle Howarth to be there (not only deserving, but northerm-based and a great attraction for Workington supporters to travel across country) is it possible that -- for instance -- David Bellego could be nominated? Or Max Fricke?

I doubt it means much apart from the FIM felt enough Poles had already qualified,like i mentioned before.

1st of the 3 finals at Pila on Saturday 29 th June. Not in draw order-plus 2 wildcards per round 1st race starts 3.20pm uk time

1 Mikkel B. Jensen Dania 2 Mikkel Michelsen Dania 3 Nicklas Porsing Dania 4 Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen Dania 5 Vaclav Milik Czechy 6 Patryk Dudek Polska 7 Bartosz Zmarzlik Polska 8 Tobiasz Musielak Polska 9 Piotr Pawlicki Polska 10 Adam Strzelec Polska 11 Andrzej Lebiediew Łotwa 12 Artur Czaja Polska 13 Kacper Gomólski Polska 14 Władimir Borodulin Rosja

Pawlicki Jnr to be champ i have had a few quid on him but i am worried he could get injured at sometime otherwise he has every chance.

Riding order for tomorrow-courtesy of sportowefakty

Lista startowa:

1. Vaclav Milik (Czechy)

2. Patryk Dudek (Polska)

3. Mikkel B. Jensen (Dania)

4. Kyle Howarth (Wielka Brytania) - dzika karta

5. Andrzej Lebiediew (Łotwa)

6. Artur Czaja (Polska)

7. Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen (Dania)

8. Piotr Pawlicki (Polska)

9. Nicklas Porsing (Dania)

10. Kacper Gomólski (Polska)

11. Bartosz Zmarzlik (Polska)

12. Lasse Bjerre (Dania) - dzika karta

13. Władimir Borodulin (Rosja)

14. Tobiasz Musielak (Polska)

15. Adam Strzelec (Polska)

16. Mikkel Michelsen (Dania)

R1. Arkadiusz Pawlak (Polska)

R2. Łukasz Kaczmarek (Polska)

Live updates should be available from 3pm uk time link to page will be here http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel