British Speedway Forum

Two riders stood out for me last night......

......take a bow Craig Cook & Jason Garrity.

Cookie is one hell of a trapper and Jason put himself in the Elite League shop window last night.

Looked like tai was just going through the motions last night, didn't look troubled at all.

Eddie looked like he was going to sail into the final but a very poor last ride cost him dear. Thought he had the run on Cookie in the semi but not to be.

Well done Tai Woffinden who looks as if he will go on from this to become a future world champion in time.

• Like 4

Cookie did Cumbria proud! Thought he was excellent and was chuffed he made the final. Thought Kyle did well in his last race, he needs to kick on from here though and start bossing it in the Premier League.

I thought the overall racing was poor, a bit dull all in all. But well done to Tai, thoroughly deserved. And well done to Nicholls too, showed guts and determination to fight his way through bad form and grab second.

I had to watch Tai's gate again in the final, it was flawless - he was a bike length and a half up on everyone else before he'd even reached the corner. Definitely earned that and it was great to see him finally get it after years of being so close. Fair play.

Well done Tai deserved winner.

Super performance by Cookie, very pleased for the chap. You have the speedway world at your feet...

• Like 1

The issue for most of us, is that the decision about the wildcard was dropped in during a SKY meeting and announced on TV. None of us were expecting it, fans and riders alike it seems. WHY, when the powers that be in the BSPA knew about it, WHY didn't they tell us? They've known for months....

Have they known for months, how do you know?

Well done Tai deserved winner.

Super performance by Cookie, very pleased for the chap. You have the speedway world at your feet...

Really good performance by Cook last night but would disagree that he has the speedway world at his feet. At 25 (26 next week) he is still some way behind riders of a similar age on the continent and even our own Tai Woffinden who is 3 years younger.

Not trying to take anything away from the progress he has made in a short space of time but I hadn’t realised he was as old as that if I am honest.

Ron

Really good performance by Cook last night but would disagree that he has the speedway world at his feet. At 25 (26 next week) he is still some way behind riders of a similar age on the continent and even our own Tai Woffinden who is 3 years younger.

Not trying to take anything away from the progress he has made in a short space of time but I hadn’t realised he was as old as that if I am honest.

Ron

He has only been riding speedway for a few years though and his rise has been impressive so far.

For me the team for the WC should be Woffinden, Harris, Cook and Kennett/King.

Edited by woz01

Tai fully deserved but British speedway is in huge decline. Cool very good but do we seriously think he could be a gp rider in years to come? Worrall and Garrity will prob never be good enough. King and Kennett have got as far as they can remind me of Howe and Stead 5 years back! Nichols and Harris on downgrade yet quite comfortably were 2nd and 3rd. Face facts people there is pretty much nobody apart from Tai who could be in the gp series in the next 5 years.

Have they known for months, how do you know?

Post 77 the Chris Harris Wild card thread - Philip Rising say's

"IT will be forthcoming, certainly in SS next week after we have caught up with BSI boss Paul Bellamy in Gothenburg. My information is that the BSPA were informed that the British Final would no longer be a stepping stone to Cardiff some time ago. "

Harris really is a bitter plonker, couldn't resist a dig at the fact it was on Tai's home track. Shame Cook didn't end up on the podium and I still don't get the hype over Worrall.

• Like 1

Post 77 the Chris Harris Wild card thread - Philip Rising say's

"IT will be forthcoming, certainly in SS next week after we have caught up with BSI boss Paul Bellamy in Gothenburg. My information is that the BSPA were informed that the British Final would no longer be a stepping stone to Cardiff some time ago. "

What's some time ago, 2 weeks, 2 months? If it truly was months and months ago then of course they should have put the information out there 100%.

Well done to Tia,

Yet still a need to mock. :rolleyes:

What's some time ago, 2 weeks, 2 months? If it truly was months and months ago then of course they should have put the information out there 100%.

They knew in October.

Harris really is a bitter plonker, couldn't resist a dig at the fact it was on Tai's home track. Shame Cook didn't end up on the podium and I still don't get the hype over Worrall.

He's turned from hero to zero. Struggling to get over the fact he's not top dog anymore.

• Like 1

Now that Woffinden has finally won on his home track hopefully the event will be moved now to a more neutral track. Or a series of 3 meetings at say Berwick, Ipswich and Somerset would be good.

• Like 1