British Speedway Forum

Think 100% there should be a silence for Rico!! It was 1 year to the day he lost his life and that should be respected. I know its unlikely but if the British Final was held on the 13th May in 2014 then no we dont need a silence, but i think its important that we have 1 this year. TNT correct we dont have them for Craven but its not what people are saying. No we shouldnt have 1 every year but this year, on that date, it should be done for Rico

• Like 2

I think as it falls on the date it's the least we as the speedway family should do. Won't be an easy day for his wife and kids! Sure she would appreciate the gesture.

• Like 2

I`ll be happy whoever wins it except Kennett, he`s the only one I haven`t any respect for. It will be a disaster if Kennett wins it, it will be an all time low for the British Championship.

There must be a doubt of this meeting going ahead,been raining here since 10 o,clock this morning,and according to Sky News more of the same tomorrow.

Sorry if it's mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but is this meeting on Sky?

I`ll be happy whoever wins it except Kennett, he`s the only one I haven`t any respect for. It will be a disaster if Kennett wins it, it will be an all time low for the British Championship.

Why?

Sorry if it's mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but is this meeting on Sky?

Yes it is.

Why?

Don`t like him for his performances last season in Coventry colours and I don`t think he deserves to be British champ there are better riders than him.
  • Like 1

Yes it is.

Thanks. Hope the weather stays fine; could be an interesting one to watch. :approve:

Thanks. Hope the weather stays fine; could be an interesting one to watch. :approve:

Just had a glance at the BBC specific forecast for Monmore Green http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642314

Present general forecast says:

MONDAY- A bright and largely dry start. Showers will develop through the morning, and continue through the afternoon, but most of these will be light. Feeling chilly in brisk winds.

It will be a backward step for British Speedway if either Nicolls or Harris win " has beens or never weres"

Think 100% there should be a silence for Rico!! It was 1 year to the day he lost his life and that should be respected.

Couldn't agree more, 100%

This final feels a bit of a damp squib now the wild cards already been announced, is it a coincidence that due to Sky not showing Cardiff that the wildcard element has been removed? I mean Sky aren't going to big up the winner going to Cardiff and then advise you can watch it on Eurosport....

I will still be going but with potential rubbish weather and £20 admission and £4 programme it will be interesting to see the crowd size.

As for winner you have to say Woffy but just as the Under 21 final showed, it all comes down to the last four laps.

As it's a year to the day I agree with both Starman and Gavan - a one minutes silence would show that people still care one year on.

As for the British Final, it's become a little bit insignificant now.

Good Luck to all in the British Final, but who really gives 'a toss now'.. :sad: