British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Kent Kings V Iow 13/5/13

tomorrow evening sees the first competitive match staged at central park. what sort of impact yesterdays downpours and todays rain will have on the newly laid track, who knows. i reckon the islanders might win this one.

After last weeks huge crowd this will be the real test. How many will make the 6.30pm start.

I will be there shads. Oh the joys of finishing work at 1.30pm and the pain of starting at 6am!

Looking forward to first competitive meeting.IOW will be tough test,but more meetings the lads have the better.Weather forecast looks kind.Be interesting how many turn up for 1st - 6.30 start.

I will be there shads. Oh the joys of finishing work at 1.30pm and the pain of starting at 6am!

Pretty much the same as me, but I won't be making the journey. Monday night is poker night!! :D:cheers:

After last weeks huge crowd this will be the real test. How many will make the 6.30pm start.

Is it going to be 6.30pm every week at Kent? I haven't read/looked at too much about it, being so far away anyway. Does seem a bit of an early start for a weekday evening :blink:

Looking forward to first competitive meeting.IOW will be tough test,but more meetings the lads have the better.Weather forecast looks kind.Be interesting how many turn up for 1st - 6.30 start.

I think at best it will be 50 per cent of the Bank Holiday Monday attendance. That was a warm sunny afternoon with a novelty attraction, presumably attracting supporters from other tracks plus people wondering what speedway was all about...how impressed they were will be a key factor in getting another good crowd.

With a 6.30pm starting time this is going to be track that more than most will rely on very strong local area support.

Edited by Guest

[/There is an 8-30 curfew] Hence the need to start at 6-30 which probably wont be early enough to complete some matches ..May need to start even earlier if they cant get the curfew time moved...This is a terrible situation caused by the local council being totally unreasonable

[/There is an 8-30 curfew] Hence the need to start at 6-30 which probably wont be early enough to complete some matches ..May need to start even earlier if they cant get the curfew time moved...This is a terrible situation caused by the local council being totally unreasonable

They can't be that unreasonable if they agreed to speedway at Central Park in the first case. The curfew was probably to appease local residents who don't want speedway in the area?

Ouch, that makes it very difficult. Did they consider weekends or was that not permitted in the planning permission?

Is it going to be 6.30pm every week at Kent? I haven't read/looked at too much about it, being so far away anyway. Does seem a bit of an early start for a weekday evening :blink:

There's a 3pm start on BH Monday 27th May vs MIldenhall and again on BH Monday 26th August vs Dudley

Ouch, that makes it very difficult. Did they consider weekends or was that not permitted in the planning permission?

The greyhounds are ultra-busy at Central Park - http://www.sittingbo...-info/meetings/ - and as you will see this does limit the days when speedway can take place there. However, the greyhounds do seem to have a greater leniency in regard to their scheduled finishing times.

This information by Sittingbourne FC, who have moved out of the main stadium on to a nearby venue nearby, have this information for visitors wishing to reach Central Park. It may be of some use for those going to Sittingbourne by traim?

By Rail: Approx 20 - 25 Minute walk - Taxis are available at the station

Cab-It Tel: 01795 436666

Turn left out of the railway station into St Michael's Road. Pass the fire station on your left and turn left into Crown Quay Lane (at the first set of traffic lights). Go under the railway bridge and up to a roundabout where you turn right into Eurolink Way. Follow the signs to Central park. Turn left at the end of this road into Castle Road. After half a mile, turn right into Dolphin Road, turn left into Church Road. Central Park is about half a mile own Church Road on the right hand side.

Sittingbourne FC now play on the Lower Pitch and NOT in the main stadium. Go through the large gates and head to your left, you will see a sign pointing to "The Cabin", follow this past the disused putting area down the slope and towards the ground.

By Car: Avoiding Town Centre - Recommended!

Edited by Guest

Really kent could not have a tougher start to there competitive season than this, sorry to say, i can only see one Team who will win, lets just hope there is some good racing.

Hi

Firstly thanks for all the feedback.

There has been a lot of work done on the track this week, and will continue to be so.

I have also been in communication with the stadium re the PA, and an update to our press release on our website will follow.

It's well documented that we have a strict 8.30pm curfew and we must stick to it.

We will have Heat 1 starting at 6.30pm and will be running a strict meeting but of course, being speedway things may happen.

We have the restrictions and these were a condition of getting through the planning application, so we know this is what we have to work with.

It does mean families can attend and get the kids home at a sensible time on a school night so that's a good thing.

Regards

Nikko

We will have the advantage of having had couple of outings on the track and the I.O.W track is huge in comparison .How ever the I.O.W are strongly tipped for the league title ,, and have strength in depth..There should be some good racing but this will be a tough test for the Kings