British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Danish Championship Finals 2013

Greatly looking forward to this a week on Friday. This is one of the tastiest national championships we have in speedway. It also awards four places for the 2014 SGP qualifying rounds. Kenneth Bjerre is only a reserve too.

The information below is what i have gleaned from the official 2013 regulations via Google Translate, they will need confirming by one of our Danish fans. Last season media outlets both general and speedway ones, also clubs websites home and abroad gave varying accounts as to the scoring system, if i remember rightly even the Kanal Sport broadcast had problems.

Finals: The event takes place over 2 meetings. There are separate draws for both finals.

Final 1 is in Slangerup Friday, 24th, May. (6pm 5:30pm UK time)

Final 2 is in Holstedt Friday, 30th, August (5pm UK time)

Meeting format:

Final 1. 20 heats followed by a final heat 21 consisting of the top four scorers. On the day of the first final it only serves for deciding prize money.

Final 2. 20 heats followed by a final heat 21 consisting of the top four scorers over BOTH finals. The points in this race are added to the rider's

totals over the two meetings.

To summarize the championship is decided by points scored in three sections

Heats 1-20 of final 1.

Heats 1-20 of final 2.

Heat 21 of final 2.

FINAL 1 LINE-UP (remains to be seen if Nicki Pedersen rides)

Niels Kr Iversen

Nicki Pedersen

Leon Madsen

Mads Korneliussen

Hans Andersen

Michael Jepsen Jensen

Kenni Larsen

Peter Kildemand

Patrick Hougaard

Morten Risager

Bjarne Pedersen

Nicklas Porsing

Mikkel Michelsen

Nicolai Klindt

Rene Bach

Mikkel Bech

Kenneth Bjerre (reserve)

Jesper B Monberg (reserve)

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

Greatly looking forward to this a week on Friday. This is one of the tastiest national championships we have in speedway. It also awards four places for the 2014 SGP qualifying rounds. Kenneth Bjerre is only a reserve too.

The information below is what i have gleaned from the official 2013 regulations via Google Translate, they will need confirming by one of our Danish fans. Last season media outlets both general and speedway ones, also clubs websites home and abroad gave varying accounts as to the scoring system, if i remember rightly even the Kanal Sport broadcast had problems.

Finals: The event takes place over 2 meetings. There are separate draws for both finals.

Final 1 is in Slangerup Friday, 24th, May. (6pm UK time)

Final 2 is in Holstedt Friday, 30th, August (5pm UK time)

Meeting format:

Final 1. 20 heats followed by a final heat 21 consisting of the top four scorers. On the day of the first final it only serves for deciding prize money.

Final 2. 20 heats followed by a final heat 21 consisting of the top four scorers over BOTH finals. The points in this race are added to the rider's

totals over the two meetings.

To summarize the championship is decided by points scored in three sections

Heats 1-20 of final 1.

Heats 1-20 of final 2.

Heat 21 of final 2.

FINAL 1 LINE-UP (remains to be seen if Nicki Pedersen rides)

Niels Kr Iversen

Nicki Pedersen

Leon Madsen

Mads Korneliussen

Hans Andersen

Michael Jepsen Jensen

Kenni Larsen

Peter Kildemand

Patrick Hougaard

Morten Risager

Bjarne Pedersen

Nicklas Porsing

Mikkel Michelsen

Nicolai Klindt

Rene Bach

Mikkel Bech

Jesper B Monberg (reserve)

Kenneth Bjerre (reserve)

You got it all right except for the starting time for the first Final in Slangerup - it is set to start at 5.30pm UK time

• Like 1

You got it all right except for the starting time for the first Final in Slangerup - it is set to start at 5.30pm UK time

Thank you, i'll correct that. I did get it from an official Danish site mind lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Training for this meeting was cancelled today due to the heavy rain hitting parts of Denmark catching out this track too.

Nicki Pedersen still looking doubtful indeed as he Tweeted just over half an hour ago that his hand is still sore and swollen and that his recovery is "going too slow."

The staging track, Slangerup has Jesper B Monberg listed as first reserve, however, i've just noticed on the SGP site that they state Kenneth Bjerre is the next in line. UPDATE: just looked at the qualifying results and Bjerre had the highest score so he will be first reserve.

Edited by manchesterpaul

No Nicki tomorrow. And he is also uncertain for Polen on Sunday and Sweden on Tuesday.

He saying that the GPs are more important to him then the Danish championship and he also says

that if he rides in Poland on Sunday, his Swedish team would expect him to ride for them of Tuesday.

Then there's Poland again on Thursday and Cardiff on Saturday...

http://ekstrabladet....icle1986410.ece

Edited by Ghostwalker

No Nicki tomorrow. And he is also uncertain for Polen on Sunday and Sweden on Tuesday.

He saying that the GPs are more important to him then the Danish championship and he also says

that if he rides in Poland on Sunday, his Swedish team would expect him to ride for them of Tuesday.

Then there's Poland again on Thursday and Cardiff on Saturday...

http://ekstrabladet....icle1986410.ece

That's a great shame indeed for the meeting, although far from unexpected.

Looking at the line-up again though it still looks a fascinating meeting. There are several very high class riders and even the lower order riders contain some coming back into form such as Patrick Hougaard. Only hope that Slangerup is a racer's track? and am just about to check the weather report. As i mentioned earlier it's one of the best national championships around i can't wait for it so long as it's a raceable track.

Only annoyance is that the two meeting are staged so far apart. Then again maybe the fact that it is staged at the two ends of the season will reflect a truer champion as in having too maintain form all season long?

Forgot to add the draw for the riding order. The second reserve has not yet been announced.

1 Niels Kristian Iversen

2 Kenni Larsen

3 Mads Korneliussen

4 Rene Bach

5 Nicolai Klindt

6 Hans Andersen

7 Mikkel Bech Jensen

8 Morten Risager

9 Nicklas Porsing

10 Patrick Hougaard

11 Bjarne Pedersen

12 Mikkel Michelsen

13 Leon Madsen

14 Michael Jepsen Jensen

15 Peter Kildemand

16 Kenneth Bjerre

17 Jepser B. Monberg

Edited by manchesterpaul

FREE AVAILABLE as of NOW! You can directly download them from the following page.

NEW and TRULY innovative MiniMax DUAL GRID racecard.

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2013 Danish Championship FInal 1

The standard version now includes the new gate grid design.

MiniMax Racecard 2013 Danish Championship FInal 1

The second reserve rider has not been named yet and i will update the cards once announced, as well as if there are any very late changes. There's no point holding up the publication of the cards for a rider not included in the heats.

No. 18 is Jonas B. Andersen !

Thank you very much for that information, i've tagged him on to the racecards. I hope he appreciates what an honour and major highlight of his career that is :rofl:

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

For anyone missing the live action tonight-the repeats are on at

Saturday 25th 1pm and 5.30pm uk times

Sunday26th 8.30am uk time

Monday 27th 1pm uk time

Tuesday 28th 8.30am and 6pm uk times

Wednesday 29th 8.30am uk time

Thursday 30th 1pm uk time

http://kanalsport.dk/

• Like 1

NIce little battle for second place there thank you Hans and Mikkel :)

Wonder if Hougaard can carry his recent good form over into this meeting?

Nice start to the evening with good racing in heats 3 and 4 too.

Edited by manchesterpaul