British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarRacer

Redcar V Plymouth

If the weather at STeMP is anything like here in Richmond, it will be off. HUGE thunder storm for almost an hour and still going. Even if the track is ok the riders won't be able to see.

After last week I'm not going to chance it

Steve - been lovely here all day today no rain at all since yesterday.

Track almost certain to be unraceable! :wink:

If the weather at STeMP is anything like here in Richmond, it will be off. HUGE thunder storm for almost an hour and still going. Even if the track is ok the riders won't be able to see.

After last week I'm not going to chance it

Why people decide they ain't going because its pi#sing down in another COUNTY is beyond me! Richmond is 30 miles away for Christ sake.

It's been glorious sunshine on TEESSIDE all day!

Edited by Drac

Been glorious sunshine here all day until 5 30. Drac ,experience tells me that if it pisses down here then you will get it around 1/2 hours later. Hope I'm wrong but not driving 60 mile round trip to find out. Did that last week to be met with sign on main stand NO UNDER 5s. So they are supposed to get soaked. Sorry, if they want me to come the promotion will have to do better than that.

Just checked local forcast and wind is in opposite direction to normal, you should be ok, enjoy.

That no under 5s rule is infuriating.

The sooner them 2 old fookers sell up the better

Decent meeeting, track a bit dusty but decent. Dyer his usual excellent self, Ostergaard better, and Skidmore looked better as night went on. Proctor was the best rider on show, Lemon also performed very well. Them two aside Plymouth were pretty poor.

Agree with rr. Ostergaard gave his best home showing this year, whilst dyer again was excellent. A delight to watch him every week. Skidmores last couple of rides also excellent. Felt a bit sorry for summers, looked very quick all night, but unlucky to face Procter 3 times.

Procter was superb, would pay money to watch him every week. Ably supported by lemon. Very disappointed with Kurtz though - expected more from him. Gathercole blew hot and cold, and Anderson did decent enough.

Thought the result was never really in doubt but a satisfying result considering Kus had poor night and had 2 riders returning from injury.

Track looked better too, wonder if cvs being in attendance had anything to do with that....

Decent meeeting, track a bit dusty but decent. Dyer his usual excellent self, Ostergaard better, and Skidmore looked better as night went on. Proctor was the best rider on show, Lemon also performed very well. Them two aside Plymouth were pretty poor.

A 'bit dusty' is a minor understatement for the first few heats and I'd say the track wasn't decent but awful at that time - despite Yearbyred's claim that I was being 'spoiled' (which from the reports about previous weeks I probably was).

I have to say, though, that after the interval and some track work I thought it was an entertaining meeting - there wasn't a lot of passing but some of the racing was very close indeed. Although nowhere near as good as the first few seasons when STMP was one of my favourite tracks, it was certainly enough to make me come back later in the year.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

A 'bit dusty' is a minor understatement for the first few heats and I'd say the track wasn't decent but awful at that time - despite Yearbyred's claim that I was being 'spoiled' (which from the reports about previous weeks I probably was).

I have to say, though, that after the interval and some track work I thought it was an entertaining meeting - there wasn't a lot of passing but some of the racing was very close indeed. Although nowhere near as good as the first few seasons when STMP was one of my favourite tracks, it was certainly enough to make me come back later in the year.

Was definitely a bit dusty early on, but racing surface was smooth and allowed the riders to attack the track from the start. Certainly not the case in recent weeks. Hopefully we have put all that behind us now. As you say - not a massive amount of passing but good, close racing. Was good to see.

Think the signs are that we could have a pretty decent season - top of the league but never really had all 7 riders firing at the same time. If that happens, things could be promising.