British Speedway Forum

If Mr G requires and wants a nomination then he should get one - no question. Holder a certainty.

The other two are more difficult. Given how keen they were for years to keep 2 Brits in, is it not likely that 2 Swedes will get picks? Especially given the healthy looking crowd last night.

Can't see past Lindgren and Jonsson to be honest. Antonio continues to struggle and has finished behind the other two and there is no other candidate from Sweden who has made a compelling case for inclusion (though the two kids at reserve last night looked distinctly promising).

Is it possible that individual riders who are sponsored by Monster might get preferential treatment given the drinks company's relationship with the series? I guess we'll soon find out.

Edited by salty

Given the fact Chris Holder is still along way from being fit and despite all the noises about wanting to be fit for New Zealand he is likely to be far from race fit and even further from top 8 fit. It maybe worth him sitting out 2014 gp season and be fully race fit with high confidence for 2015 from just league racing.

If his injuries do not heal quickly and he does not return until say July and Cardiff then he will need a wild card for 2015 anyway.

He is still young and there is no point risking his long term health coming back too early.

If Mr G requires and wants a nomination then he should get one - no question. Holder a certainty.

The other two are more difficult. Given how keen they were for years to keep 2 Brits in, is it not likely that 2 Swedes will get picks? Especially given the healthy looking crowd last night.

Can't see past Lindgren and Jonsson to be honest. Antonio continues to struggle and has finished behind the other two and there is no other candidate from Sweden who has made a compelling case for inclusion (though the two kids at reserve last night looked distinctly promising).

Is it possible that individual riders who are sponsored by Monster might get preferential treatment given the drinks company's relationship with the series? I guess we'll soon find out.

Yet MORE people dishing out places in the GP. Bl**dy GREAT isn't it. :mad: :mad:

I don't know why they don't just do away with QUALIFYING altogether and just stick in the Riders they want. That is the way the SGP seems to be going anyway. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do you really think that the GP series would have been the better this year with Dryml in it rather than Tai & Ward?

Niamh

Do you really think that the GP series would have been the better this year with Dryml in it rather than Tai & Ward?

Niamh

That's not the point, It's about who deserves it.

It's like, The World Cup Final in 2014 would be better with a Brazil-Argentina final so let's seed those two into the final.

• Like 1

Well if you don't actually want the best in the world...

Niamh

Well why the heck have QUALIFYING Rounds Niamh - if you are just going to PICK the 'best in the World'.

I really can't understand why you don't seem to get it - we are talking about a SPORT - you know COMPETITION.

Ian

Edited by The White Knight

Well if you don't actually want the best in the world...

Niamh

So how do you decide which riders are the best in the world?

• Like 1

A VERY good and fair point Ghostwalker. :t:

Do you seriously think Dryml is better than Tai or Ward, both of whom were unable to do the GP challenge last year?

I mean just look at how each of them is doing in this year's GP series?

Do you think Bomber is better than Noddy?

Niamh

Well I think most of us would have no problem deciding that Dryml wasn't one of them!

Niamh

• Like 1

Hard choices for wild cards. Holder and Gollob will be in then possibly a swede but please stop talking about it being Thj who clearly is so far from this level may as well pick Cook! Jonsson for me and then 1 other. I don't go with this new blood theory I want to see the top riders in the world and the likes of Mjj Dudek and Magic are simply not better than the likes of Lindgren and Jonsson

Do you seriously think Dryml is better than Tai or Ward, both of whom were unable to do the GP challenge last year?

I mean just look at how each of them is doing in this year's GP series?

Do you think Bomber is better than Noddy?

Niamh

Well I think most of us would have no problem deciding that Dryml wasn't one of them!

Niamh

But you still haven't answered the questions Niamh:

i) Why have Qualifiers?

and

ii) How do you decide who are the best in the World?

The qualifiers are no better at finding the best either hence the reason we end up with tosh like Dryml ot Zorto etc before him