British Speedway Forum

PERSONALLY would have preferred Laguta to Lindgren and thought he was likely to get it but always felt his refusal to ride in the SWC would count against him at the FIM, who as much a part of the selection process as BSI.

PERSONALLY would have preferred Laguta to Lindgren and thought he was likely to get it but always felt his refusal to ride in the SWC would count against him at the FIM, who as much a part of the selection process as BSI.

OK so Laguta has blotted his copybook sufficiently with those that matter that he will not get a pick. Got it.

But surely Lindgren is not the only other viable option in his place.

Having a Swede in the series is a cert for the commercial folk. Hence the inclusion of Jonsson.

And the GPs held in Sweden will get a wild card anyway; so there will be two home guys at both their GPs

So which mal-adjusted person in the decision making process - FIM, BSI or Olsson - really believe that anyone extra will buy a ticket because Freddie is in for the year?

If having something else Swedish in the line-up was so important I'd have gone for a PAX Wardrobe from IKEA at Number 15.

It would add a little more personality.

Edited by Grand Central

If they weren't going to have Laguta (for whatever reason) then MJJ or Dudek should have been given a go.

If they weren't going to have Laguta (for whatever reason) then MJJ or Dudek should have been given a go.

agreed. and if not them, there are half a dozen poles (janowski, pawlickis, kolodscz,miedzinski etc) more deserving, not to mentionthe likes of batchelor and a laguta. really disappointed with the decision, one swede I agreed with, two no way. neither Jonnson or lindgren are out of place in the seriesBUT there are countless more deserving and exciting options.

I dont agree with Lindgren should have been Laguta but we dont know the politics.

Fact is though who is better than Lindgren? Certainly not anyone who finished below him and if you think Janowski or Dudek or MJJ are better than Lindgren then thats a joke as Freddie is the better rider than all those.

I wouldnt have minded Dudek as a bit of excitement.

I dont agree with Lindgren should have been Laguta but we dont know the politics.

Fact is though who is better than Lindgren? Certainly not anyone who finished below him and if you think Janowski or Dudek or MJJ are better than Lindgren then thats a joke as Freddie is the better rider than all those.

I wouldnt have minded Dudek as a bit of excitement.

Sadly for you the stats show otherwise-Magic,MJJand Dudek all finished above lindgren in Sweden and Poland !!

Sweden http://www.svemo.se/sv/Grenar/Speedway/Elitserien2013/Rankinglista/

Poland http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/enea-ekstraliga/statystyki/2013

Dudek it`s worth pointing out was at reserve all season in Poland.

Edited by racers and royals

I will believe it when its on their website. Lindgren and Jonsson...surely not :blink:

WHILE I don't agree with the Lindgren decision (will be officially confirmed tomorrow) the views of a few Brits isn't necessarily widely held throughout the continent and especially Sweden...

I honestly thought that Lindback would fit the bill better than the rest of the Swedes and Monster Joe would sort it out... Which is closer to truth then, the FIM/CCP/Castagna blocking Laguta or Laguta himself giving the wildcard a miss?

DON'T think Laguta was asked (could be wrong) but his refusal to take part in the qualifying rounds ("If you want me, call me") allied to his SWC boycott stacked the cards against him. Would still have been my pick but there could be extenuating circumstances that we don't know about.

Think Lindback would have had a good chance had he performed well in Torun and five points from his first two rides set him up before rearing and falling at the start of his third. That sunk his hopes but he needs to sort out a few things if he is to recapture the form he showed at the end of 2012. Will miss him in the pits.

DON'T think Laguta was asked (could be wrong) but his refusal to take part in the qualifying rounds ("If you want me, call me") allied to his SWC boycott stacked the cards against him. Would still have been my pick but there could be extenuating circumstances that we don't know about.

Think Lindback would have had a good chance had he performed well in Torun and five points from his first two rides set him up before rearing and falling at the start of his third. That sunk his hopes but he needs to sort out a few things if he is to recapture the form he showed at the end of 2012. Will miss him in the pits.

This asking info was from this same thread about a week ago, relied on a polish portal that eventually had 3 from 4 correct...

Lindgren is very lucky but it must be last chance saloon for him. That might kick him up the derriere.

It is the same every year...

the WC's are very easy to predict as long as we dont allow ourselves to believe that BSI/IMG think like us.......................Holder, Gollob & Lindgren were always nailed on........ however AJ is a rare moment of shoe horning in from them outside of their unofficial policies... by including him and not using a different Swede after he finished adrift

WHILE I don't agree with the Lindgren decision (will be officially confirmed tomorrow) the views of a few Brits isn't necessarily widely held throughout the continent and especially Sweden...

You probably have better connections in the sport around the continent than me,but from what i have seen from Denmark/Germany and a certain Dutch guy ;) most are disappointed/shocked/apalled at the inclusion of both Swedes.Almost every comment i have seen has echoed the Brits here and said, one would have sufficed.Apart from one Czech comment from a guy who is known as a Lindbäck fan,so i won't use him as an example,i haven't seen what anyone in Italy or Hungary or belgium have said on the situation :rofl:

Edited by iris123