British Speedway Forum

OK - Apologies for my poor memory. Doesn't deflect from the question I was answering though - to name somebody with a worse record than Harris.

Anyone who hasn't won a gp.
  • Like 4

I wasn't going to reply to this, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to. I respect all views on here, we all have an opinion & are entitled to it. Your comments here though are laughable.

Your points are all flawed as i have pointed out previous.

You were the one who came out with this stuff about a rider is doing it all for my entertainment.I don't belive that theory,but if we go by your theory, then like i say.....a lot have failed

As for Phil explaining the situation.Well no he hasn't as R&R has pointed out and as the german fedration pointed out.The German Federation even went so far as to accuse the FIM person in charge of not knowing the rules he is supposed to be using.There are various things here that just don't add up backed by the German accusation.It must have been pretty serious for them to come out and accuse Castagna of being out of his depth in the job.What we don't know is how they go about requesting a replacement.If they ask the first federation to get in touch with their rider and it takes a day or more to get an answer and then they ask the next federation etc. well time will surely run out and maybe one could think that might have been the point of the exercise.We must wonder why Buczkowski didn't take up his place if he was informed.But it seems certain that only two federations were contacted and then they gave up before contacting the Germans.All pretty sloppy and leaves a bad taste

The rest of it isn't worth taking the time to answer

Your points are all flawed as i have pointed out previous.

You were the one who came out with this stuff about a rider is doing it all for my entertainment.I don't belive that theory,but if we go by your theory, then like i say.....a lot have failed

As for Phil explaining the situation.Well no he hasn't as R&R has pointed out and as the german fedration pointed out.The German Federation even went so far as to accuse the FIM person in charge of not knowing the rules he is supposed to be using.There are various things here that just don't add up backed by the German accusation.It must have been pretty serious for them to come out and accuse Castagna of being out of his depth in the job.What we don't know is how they go about requesting a replacement.If they ask the first federation to get in touch with their rider and it takes a day or more to get an answer and then they ask the next federation etc. well time will surely run out and maybe one could think that might have been the point of the exercise.We must wonder why Buczkowski didn't take up his place if he was informed.But it seems certain that only two federations were contacted and then they gave up before contacting the Germans.All pretty sloppy and leaves a bad taste

The rest of it isn't worth taking the time to answer

Yeah, yeah. All in your opinion. So in your view, it was all a conspiracy to get Harris in the GP. Of course. Especially as Cook was offered a place before him. And at no time did I say they were doing it all just to entertain us. I said, that they risk their necks to entertain us & indeed, they do.

And the reason it isn't worth your answer is because your comments are offensive and you have no defence.

Edited by Dave the Mic

IF the Germans actually knew what they were talking about they would have known that Armando Castagna wasn't involved either. It is the job of the CCP Secretary in Geneva to notify federations in cases such as these.

Sounds like some sour grapes in there because they wanted their own candidate, Wolfgang Glas, to get the job that Armando has.

But, even if the FIM cocked up, it still wasn't the fault of Harris and the fact remains that several others in front of him in the queue did turn it down.

IF the Germans actually knew what they were talking about they would have known that Armando Castagna wasn't involved either. It is the job of the CCP Secretary in Geneva to notify federations in cases such as these.

Sounds like some sour grapes in there because they wanted their own candidate, Wolfgang Glas, to get the job that Armando has.

But, even if the FIM cocked up, it still wasn't the fault of Harris and the fact remains that several others in front of him in the queue did turn it down.

I guess their point is if the FIM cock up,then the man at the top has to take some of the blame.And good that you can only answer with "even if the FIm cocked up...."

And i don't know Phil if anyone is saying Harris is at fault?Please point that bit out for me?

Sadly Phil, I think it's a waste of breath. Never let the facts get in the way of venting your spleen about a rider you don't like.

I guess their point is if the FIM cock up,then the man at the top has to take some of the blame.And good that you can only answer with "even if the FIm cocked up...."

And i don't know Phil if anyone is saying Harris is at fault?Please point that bit out for me?

Most people on here have slated Harris & also Lingren & Jonsson for that matter based on their inclusion in these meetings. There is no "fault" or blame to apportion, but many seem to think there is & the vitriol poured out on these guys is simply not necessary.

I am in no way having a dig at you, but I think's Phil's comment about sour grapes is probably correct.

Edited by Dave the Mic

Yeah, yeah. All in your opinion.

And the reason it isn't worth your answer is because your comments are offensive and you have no defence.

My posts are my opinion.Yes.What are your posts then?

As for the other bit.You don't seem to understand.I'll explain it again

I don't believe that riders go out and do what they do for my entertainment.Ok.Is that offensive?I think there are a number of reasons they do what they do,but none of major reasons are to entertain me.That is your opinion.All i have said is if we go by your criteria then on the occasions when i haven't been entertained then i must assume the riders have failed in their quest.That is all i have said.Nothing more,nothing less.If you try and get on your high horse because of that then.....go

My opinion is that the riders are doing this for themselves.I go and take the chance that i will be entertained.No one is promising me that i will be.I go of my own free will and if it turns out i have spent time and money and been bored then i only have myself to blame.And if it happens often enough,then i start to question if it is all worth the time and money.If i do decide it isn't,then i don't blame the riders for that.Somehwre along the line though someone has failed if not enough people turn up to pay the costs of a meeting

This Thread wouldn't exist if everyone had to QUALIFY!!

Just saying..............................................................................

• Like 1

My posts are my opinion.Yes.What are your posts then?

As for the other bit.You don't seem to understand.I'll explain it again

I don't believe that riders go out and do what they do for my entertainment.Ok.Is that offensive?I think there are a number of reasons they do what they do,but none of major reasons are to entertain me.That is your opinion.All i have said is if we go by your criteria then on the occasions when i haven't been entertained then i must assume the riders have failed in their quest.That is all i have said.Nothing more,nothing less.If you try and get on your high horse because of that then.....go

My opinion is that the riders are doing this for themselves.I go and take the chance that i will be entertained.No one is promising me that i will be.I go of my own free will and if it turns out i have spent time and money and been bored then i only have myself to blame.And if it happens often enough,then i start to question if it is all worth the time and money.If i do decide it isn't,then i don't blame the riders for that.Somehwre along the line though someone has failed if not enough people turn up to pay the costs of a meeting

Yes they are. But according to you, your opinion is absolutely correct & you couldn't possibly be wrong.

So, as you would say, I'll explain it again, shall I?

I didn't say they do what they do to entertain us. If you are going to have a pop, then get your facts straight. I simply said that they risk their necks to entertain us. If you aren't entertained, don't go & watch. Simple. In the main, the reason speedway is sometimes not entertaining has nothing to do with the riders, who in almost every case, put in 100% effort every time they go on track. Blame the track, the weather, the machinery, the promoter, but not the riders. They all compete & a bi-product of that is entertainment, even if you can't see that.

Your entire reasoning is based on my saying that riders only race to entertain the likes of you & I, but at no point did I say that. Nor did I say it was one of their prime reasons for racing. Not once. Only you did to serve your point.

None of that is offensive, not at all. But what is, is your belittling of the "old one" as you so quaintly put it, of riders being at risk every time they race. You call yourself a speedway fan, but you are happy to see these guys, some of whom are killed & seriously injured each year, slated by other so called speedway fans & then make light of the fact that I refer to it, because it assists you in trying to prove your point, because it seems so important to you to be in the right.

I am certainly not laying any blame at Armando`s door-he is a top man.However the FIM certainly need to up their act in certain areas-for several days after the delayed Danish challenge semi the media were saying that Pavlic had qualified from Lonigo.-the whole situation with qualification depending how kennett did in Holsted should have been clarified-even the FIM website were saying that Pavlic was in the Poole meeting-it was only FSP from this forum who flagged up the doubts. As for Zagar`s withdrawl i think it is important that the timescale of events is made known so the doubters can be pacified.

• Like 1

Take a look back over the posts.You are the one who take the stance that if i don't share your opinion then my opinion is offensive.

As i stated at the start,Harris or any rider who enters the GPs must have an aim.I'd say that aim is to qualify by right.If they don't achieve that aim then they must have failed.All the rest that came after that is pretty much small talk.I have posted that if i don't find it entertaining enough or value for money then i would,like many thousands before me,stop going.I can come to that conclusion without your help thanks lol

And just to clarify.I haven't suggested R&R has given any blame to Castagna.That was done by the German Federation

Edited by iris123

Take a look back over the posts.You are the one who take the stance that if i don't share your opinion then my opinion is offensive.

As i stated at the start,Harris or any rider who enters the GPs must have an aim.I'd say that aim is to qualify by right.If they don't achieve that aim then they must have failed.All the rest that came after that is pretty much small talk.I have posted that if i don't find it entertaining enough or value for money then i would,like many thousands before me,stop going.I can come to that conclusion without your help thanks lol

And just to clarify.I haven't suggested R&R has given any blame to Castagna.That was done by the German Federation

And i would like to clarify that i know you hadn`t.

Well that is a relief.If only everything could be that easily sorted lol

Just thought i'd put in the disclaimer as i have mentioned Armando a couple of times and can only think of Phil as another who has mentioned him

I have read every one. Can you please just stop manipulating my posts to suit your own end. I haven't said your opinion was offensive. Not once. It's your blatant lack of respect for these guys risking their lives that offends me.

• Like 1