British Speedway Forum

Some of the comments on here are just ridiculous! Chris Harris is in its not his fault he has just taken the chances he has been given. He is a Brit so instead of slagging him off get behind him! Personally I don't think he will be near the top 8 but then again didn't expect Tai to be top 8 or Iversen and they are world number 1 and 3! So back him and stop laying into him and no I'm not a Coventry or Birmingham fan I support Brits in the World Championship

• Like 2

People moan and bitch all the time about Bomber and his wild cards, he qualifies by right and people still moan!

If no Emil then it's Troy meaning Danny King is 2nd reserve :o

Nope only Harris, Batch and MJJ are on the substitute list. After them it's up to the FIM.

Nope only Harris, Batch and MJJ are on the substitute list. After them it's up to the FIM.

fair enough, I just assumed they'd go to next in line but if that's the rules then fine.

I think we should all post that Harris has no chance, is out of his depth and nowhere near good enough...................

It worked wonders for Tai last year😀

• Like 1

fair enough, I just assumed they'd go to next in line but if that's the rules then fine.

it was changed this year, six announced previously, only three for 2014.

People moan and bitch all the time about Bomber and his wild cards, he qualifies by right and people still moan!

If no Emil then it's Troy meaning Danny King is 2nd reserve :o

But HE DIDN'T!!!!!! He was given another freebie nomination.

This time it was ahead of 20-30 other riders who were ahead of him on the list of qualified reserves for the Grand Prix Challenge.

Riders that weren't even asked if they wanted to take their rightful place in the Grand Prix Challenge.

So in what way have Chris Harris qualified by right?

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 4

I'm with GW. Harris got knocked out in the first qualification round in Austria with a 13th place. He shouldn't even be near a qualifcation spot for Poole as he didn't even make it to the Race-off rounds .......

I did some calculations and Harris is number 23 (!!) on the reserve list for the challenge. Riders like Dilger, Woodward, Dryml, Kroner, Kenneth, North and many many more are all above Harris. I'm sure on of these could have made the trip down to Poole ....

Edited by DutchGrasstrack
  • Like 1

But HE DIDN'T!!!!!! He was given another freebie nomination.

This time it was ahead of 20-30 other riders who were ahead of him on the list of qualified reserves for the Grand Prix Challenge.

Riders that weren't even asked if they wanted to take their rightful place in the Grand Prix Challenge.

So in what way have Chris Harris qualified by right?

so please tell me how this is Harris's fault? He shouldn't have been anywhere near the GP challenge we all know that, but what do you expect him to do when asked if he wants to ride turn it down!. He rode in the challenge because he was asked. Is it his fault now that Gollob has pulled out? People should lay off Harris he has just grabbed the opportunity that's all. Correct the system needs changing but for petes sake people he is British just get behind him

• Like 1

I'm with GW. Harris got knocked out in the first qualification round in Austria with a 13th place. He shouldn't even be near a qualifcation spot for Poole as he didn't even make it to the Race-off rounds .......

I did some calculations and Harris is number 23 (!!) on the reserve list for the challenge. Riders like Dilger, Woodward, Dryml, Kroner, Kenneth, North and many many more are all above Harris. I'm sure on of these could have made the trip down to Poole ....

FOR heaven's sake ... we have been all over this before. It is just the way it panned out, especially after Zagar withdrew. Other riders refused the chance to participate in the Challenge, others declined to go as a meeting reserve. Harris was prepared to turn up at Wimborne Road and watch from the pits. But he got his chance and took it.

• Like 2

FOR heaven's sake ... we have been all over this before. It is just the way it panned out, especially after Zagar withdrew. Other riders refused the chance to participate in the Challenge, others declined to go as a meeting reserve. Harris was prepared to turn up at Wimborne Road and watch from the pits. But he got his chance and took it.

very well put philip.dont waste your time explaining to them

• Like 1

Do you people seriously follow speedway? Zagar withdrew late on. Certain riders did not want to travel to be a reserve up to them. Harris was there and able to ride and has grabbed his chance. The system may be flawed but more fool the other riders who didn't or wouldn't travel. There isn't even a discussion to be had really!

First rider to replace Zagar in GP Challenge was Krzysztof Buczkowski (9th in race-off in Lonigo). Noone even asked him to take Zagar's place!!

Be fair, he can't be as bad as Dryml was ;ast year averaging just over 2 points a meeting.

Niamh

OHHHH!!!! - YES HE CAN!!

Sorry - it's that time of year. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So just to confirm, nobody wanted to be reserve as that might mean not riding. Then Chris Harris agreed to do it. Suddenly a rider pulls out and all those who turned down the place before want it? Sadly, it's too late by then as Bomber had accepted it following their rejection.

They had the chance, the turned it down, bomber took it and has subsequently got lucky that one of the Gp riders has quit giving him a place. Proof you should never give up maybe?