British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Ticketmaster!

Has anybody out there got their tickets for Cardiff from Ticketmaster yet???They have to be the worst company in the world to do business with. Every year I have trouble booking seats in the 'Family' area because I want to include an extra adult in the party and now five months after booking and four days ahead of the GP I still haven't got my tickets! The message on their website says if they haven't arrived by Wednesday to get in touch and they will make arrangements for us to pick them up at the Stadium - incredible!! Easier said than done though. They don't reply to emails and their phone line just cuts you off after a couple of minutes because they are too busy! To add insult to injury I had an email from them yesterday reminding me that the GP was taking place this Saturday.Next year I'll be buying the tickets on the day. Is it just me or do others suffer the same. If anyone from BSI is looking at this please take note of how your Agent is treating your Customers. Rant over!

A lot of people had the same problem last year, that's why see tickets were brought back again for this year

I've personally never had a problem with them. We got our tickets three months ago.

Has anybody out there got their tickets for Cardiff from Ticketmaster yet???They have to be the worst company in the world to do business with. Every year I have trouble booking seats in the 'Family' area because I want to include an extra adult in the party and now five months after booking and four days ahead of the GP I still haven't got my tickets! The message on their website says if they haven't arrived by Wednesday to get in touch and they will make arrangements for us to pick them up at the Stadium - incredible!! Easier said than done though. They don't reply to emails and their phone line just cuts you off after a couple of minutes because they are too busy! To add insult to injury I had an email from them yesterday reminding me that the GP was taking place this Saturday.Next year I'll be buying the tickets on the day. Is it just me or do others suffer the same. If anyone from BSI is looking at this please take note of how your Agent is treating your Customers. Rant over!

It's not just you and it's not just speedway which suffers from their greed and incompetence. They are the ultimate shower of brown stuff. I went to the football playoff finals a couple of years ago. Didn't get my ticket by the Friday before the Sunday match and phoned them to see why. They couldn't have been more unhelpful blaming the football club for all the problems even though Wembley had made them the sole agency and no tickets at all were sold through the club. Around 2,000 fans had similar problems and one poor sole at the club worked through the night, before leaving to get to Wembley at 6 a.m. to make sure everyone was given access. Top man; the type they should actually employ.

The good news is that I ultimately got my ticket. The bad news is that the person sitting next to me, who I had never seen in my life, had it with him as he had received it, although hadn't got the other 4 he had paid for.

Charged an extra £6 a ticket handling for American Football too, although tickets arrived fine. I also know of someone who was charged £20 handling per ticket for a Robbie Williams concert. They are total leeches with zero customer care. Am getting tickets from one of the competitors this year but otherwise would have paid on the day. I don't mind paying extra for a service but they definitely don't have that word in their dictionaries.

Edited by Mr Ore
  • Like 1

Haven't received our tickets from Ticketmaster yet either and site shows tickets as 'not dispacted' I've just sent then an email through the customer services system - will see what happens

There are 13 of us travelling down on Saturday and at the moment, no tickets! My parents are stressing big time

Thanks for that detailed reply Mr Ore. Clearly, others have been down this path before me!

I have the feeling there may be a few more battles with Customer Services before I final take my seat on Saturday night.

Got my tickets 2 days after i ordered them about a month ago through seetickets.I would only ever use ticketmaster as a last resort.If i was you i would ask for a refund of postage and booking fees for time you have spent trying to get through to them. A lesson for anyone who has a similar problem with any company is if you speak to someone get their name and note the time and duration of the call.Then take them to a small claims court the evidence you provide re calls will very likely win the case.

you get great customer service off the touts outside the stadium at 4pm :D

Thanks for that detailed reply Mr Ore. Clearly, others have been down this path before me!

I have the feeling there may be a few more battles with Customer Services before I final take my seat on Saturday night.

Good luck with it all. Whilst I don't like the middleman situation it is good to hear that other companies are actually providing a good level of service for their fees. Hope you enjoy the big day.

Had this trouble last year when seetickets decided not to supply them so was forced into using Ticketmaster.

Fortunately that wasn't the case this year. If it had been then I would have been getting them on the day. Would only ever use Ticketmaster as a last resort after their previous service.

Ordered my tickets 5 weeks ago through ticketmaster still no tickets , it now says on ticket updates they have been dispatched but still no tickets tick tock tick tock

I'm clearly not alone!

Sorry to hear that there are many people in the same boat as me and the other 9 in my party.

Looks like an interesting night is in store for me trying to phone Customer Services.

Their phone no is 08444 999 999 if that helps anyone.

Any positive news of tickets finally arriving would be comforting but I won't hold my breath.