British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lionking

Sheffield Vs Leicester Pl 30/5

Keep posting Odsalboy don't let them win. Oh and by the way I don't agree with a lot you say but you have the right to have your opinion.

• Like 1

can anyone shed any light on what actually happened, looking at the updates site it seemed to occur after the Koppe win in heat 2?

First of Well Done to Leicester on a victory, much deserved win.

I do think that Leicester fans owe a massive debt of gratitude to their Guest rider young James Sarjeant, whose win in heat 8 was one of the turning points of the match.

As for the Odsal Boy incident, not sure where the thought came from that whether it was the announcer himself or the Promotion, but either way it was out of order and deserves an apology.

End of the day its an opinion from someone, I did not agree with some of it and said so in a post directly after, but everyone s entitled to an opinion whether I, the announcer or the Promotion agree.

I would like to think also that I do get an apology too. At the end of the day it was only a view/ opinion. I most certainly didnt mean to hurt anyone. As a paying supporter for a good few years i never once thought id be publicly singled out and pretty much told to shut the f**k up as the updates poster stated.

I am really taken back by the support shown to me by fellow speedway supporters/ sheffield fans - thank you. I know i can get a bit carried away at times but id never go all out to hurt someone or be insultive, im just being honest. What am i supposed to say? that the team is awesome and we are flying ?

Like i mentioned earlier, i will seriously limit my activity on here from this point on, i just want to thank all again.

OdsalBoy.

Sorry but I think you all got the wrong end of the stick. The statement by the club was regarding the piece Osal Boy put about the meeting Being 90% certain of being off. When he was sat in Leeds.

As you all say he is entitled to say what he wants about the riders club, and with that I think we all agree. But saying a meeting is 90% certain to be off is different, as the meeting tonight prooved.

I wasn't there this evening but if its correct a supporter is criticised for stating our FOUR reserves are pants then I would be next for the public hanging !! I stated I won't be back until changes are made and its not looking like I will be parting with my hard earnt cash any time soon.. Our 4 reserves only beat the opposition 7 times from 16 rides.. What a slaughtering it would have been with Magnus in.. Odsalboy please continue to voice your opinion..

Great win. With the on track excitement not far off BP levels for most of the meeting Glyn was at least kind enough to keep the interest going to the last by not replacing Branford with the impressive Edberg (Good call by lionking) in heat 14. Great last heat by Nieminen at the second attempt. Brilliant performance by Seargent and he looked tidy all night, even in heat 1 he wasn't far off the pace against Allen. Anyone got any news on magnus karlsson? I heard he had a big crash in Sweden tonight.

Edited by volty

i asked karlsson's mechanic the same question tonight volty and he told me he has suffered neck,back and shoulder injuries as for how bad he was not sure.he told me his team mate fell in front leaving him nowhere to go and magnus ran over him or so he thinks but the details at that time were still a bit sketchy,just what we didn't need.

As a neutral and tonight's match, and having also attended the Rye House, I feel that I need to comment about the 2 matches.

Firstly, the standard of racing has been average at best tonight, with the exception of 2 races it was gate and go pretty dull to be honest and the Rye House match was similar. One line round the outside, if you rode out wide then you were assured of getting the win. Now, I noticed in the Machin's column (against Rye House) he felt the need to criticise Berwick's track (calling it an oval motorway), Redcar (due to the apparent dust) and Rye House (due to the weather and Rye being able to over an alternative date allegedly). Now instead of slating others teams track, I would like to suggest to the Sheffield promotion to sort there own track out and give a track that isn't gate and go and follow the leader because it is boring!!

Secondly, crowd didn't seem good at all, take the Leicester fans out and they wouldn't have been many at all there, I dread to think how low the crowd will be next week! And publicly slating Odsal boy after Koppe's heat 2 win was embarrassing, was there really any need? Overall Leicester did deserve to win, was nice to see Edberg ride with a bit of confidence, hope he can continue his form (although not against us). Bjerre was excellent and I hope isn't too badly knocked about after that crash. As for Sheffield, Allen and Wells were good value, Hall was better than his score suggests, while Albin was always in the thick of it. Things can surely only get better for Sheffield though...

• Like 1

to note - i would also like to apologise to the sheffield promotion, riders, fans and all connected with sheffield speedway.

What for ?

What a tosser the micman must be

In my experience, a not inaccurate description.

What is certainly true is that he has done damage to the clubs reputation by publicly slagging off a fan.

I am really taken back by the support shown to me by fellow speedway supporters/ sheffield fans - thank you. I know i can get a bit carried away at times but id never go all out to hurt someone or be insultive, im just being honest. What am i supposed to say? that the team is awesome and we are flying ?

Like i mentioned earlier, i will seriously limit my activity on here from this point on, i just want to thank all again.

OdsalBoy.

Why ?

You are as much entitled to your opinion as anyone else and some tool having a pop at you at the track shouldn't put you off.

Sorry but I think you all got the wrong end of the stick. The statement by the club was regarding the piece Osal Boy put about the meeting Being 90% certain of being off. When he was sat in Leeds.

As you all say he is entitled to say what he wants about the riders club, and with that I think we all agree. But saying a meeting is 90% certain to be off is different, as the meeting tonight prooved.

At the end of the day, who would have paid any attention to a fan 30 or so miles away from the track ? No-one.

Go through the Swindon v Birmingham thread and it is full of quotes about heavy rain and the meeting not being on, and this sort of opinion is hardly unusual. No other track sees fit to publicly abuse a supporter for making such comments.

Own goal if you ask me.

As a neutral and tonight's match, and having also attended the Rye House, I feel that I need to comment about the 2 matches.

Firstly, the standard of racing has been average at best tonight, with the exception of 2 races it was gate and go pretty dull to be honest and the Rye House match was similar. One line round the outside, if you rode out wide then you were assured of getting the win. Now, I noticed in the Machin's column (against Rye House) he felt the need to criticise Berwick's track (calling it an oval motorway), Redcar (due to the apparent dust) and Rye House (due to the weather and Rye being able to over an alternative date allegedly). Now instead of slating others teams track, I would like to suggest to the Sheffield promotion to sort there own track out and give a track that isn't gate and go and follow the leader because it is boring!!

Secondly, crowd didn't seem good at all, take the Leicester fans out and they wouldn't have been many at all there, I dread to think how low the crowd will be next week! And publicly slating Odsal boy after Koppe's heat 2 win was embarrassing, was there really any need? Overall Leicester did deserve to win, was nice to see Edberg ride with a bit of confidence, hope he can continue his form (although not against us). Bjerre was excellent and I hope isn't too badly knocked about after that crash. As for Sheffield, Allen and Wells were good value, Hall was better than his score suggests, while Albin was always in the thick of it. Things can surely only get better for Sheffield though...

Pretty much spot on, Matty :approve:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

OdsalBoy.

Why would you limit your activity on here,as long as your posts are within the rules of this forum then thats all that matters surely.It seems Sheffield Speedway and/or the track announcer scored a bit of an own goal last night.

what actually happened ? was the announcer's rant made over the microphone or was it just to a fan/ fans in the stands ?

I go to sheffield regular with the lack of Bradford speedway until next year and the promotion need to wake up, there wont be a sheffield speedway if they keep putting bad team after bad team out, never seen Owlerton so empty which is a massive shame and could get worse next year with the possible Bradford return to the sport, Sheffield need fresh ideas at the top as new clubs set up and overtake them, like rye house other week a job well done by Leicester.