British Speedway Forum
Brough Diamond

Teams Looking For New Riders! - From Where Exactly?

I'm sure it would.

BUT - you didn't keep Lewis Kerr and now the 'Diamonds' are reaping the benefits.

He really does look like a Class Act.

Got to agree with you, thats why we gave him 'Oakley Rider Of The Night', when you rode against Berwick. It was well deseved.

Edited by TOURETTES

Got to agree with you, thats why we gave him 'Oakley Rider Of The Night', when you rode against Berwick. It was well deseved.

Must have had some good judges that night. ;)

I'd like to have seen a minimum Brit requirement per team just like the old commonwealth rider rules, all reserves must be British and that way the younger Brits riding against top riders week in week out would hopefully come through and improve quicker.

I'm probably talking chollocks but it would be nice to see the young Brits coming through, uk sport in general has gone to the dogs using foreigners in football and speedway over the years.

... all reserves must be British ...

What, just like a few years ago when there were too few riders to go around and they were totally out their depth and had their confidences shattered.

Isn't the NL supposed to be for rider and track development?

• Like 2

What, just like a few years ago when there were too few riders to go around and they were totally out their depth and had their confidences shattered.

Isn't the NL supposed to be for rider and track development?

I didn't ask for reasoning I said it would be ideal.

If your riding NL week in week out your riding against the same calibre of rider, you could maybe change the heat structure so reserves only meet reserves.

Hey I'm just throwing an idea out their, surely I can't do any worse than the arses in charge at the moment

• Like 1

If your riding NL week in week out your riding against the same calibre of rider, you could maybe change the heat structure so reserves only meet reserves.

Hey I'm just throwing an idea out their, surely I can't do any worse than the arses in charge at the moment

Debatable - as you've just totally contradicted yourself, saying the problem is they only ride against the same calibre of rider and then suggest changing the format so reserves only meet reserves :blink:

I'm surprised no one has considered Kalle Katajisto. I know that he hardly covered himself in glory in his last season with Edinburgh, but his scores in the Swedish Allsvenskan League and in Finland in the past year would be worthy of consideration. In addition, to the best of my knowledge he lost his team place at Rospiggarna before the start of the season through team changes and no fault of his own, so aside from his Finnish commitments he should be available.

I think attitude off track and rumours of off track antics might have made teams think again about kalle

Debatable - as you've just totally contradicted yourself, saying the problem is they only ride against the same calibre of rider and then suggest changing the format so reserves only meet reserves :blink:

not a contradiction its 2 theories as that is something you need to offer on this forum as to not get shot down for even having an idea :rolleyes:

i always thought women where bitchy till i joined this forum :rolleyes:

• Like 1

not a contradiction its 2 theories as that is something you need to offer on this forum as to not get shot down for even having an idea :rolleyes:

i always thought women where bitchy till i joined this forum :rolleyes:

Oh!! Ducky. :wink::t::rofl: :rofl:

No criticism or bitchiness intended 'mrmiddlesbrough'. Naj and myself discussed this on Friday and we both agreed that what young Brits require is much much more track time. A few laps at the end of a meeting on a track which has seen its best is nowhere near good enough. They require a remote track in the middle of nowhere where they can get in as many laps as they physically can stand without disturbance. The best I could suggest was doing Grasstrack week in, week out. I also think the NL is still the right place to bring on talent. Perhaps if it was reserved for new riders as opposed to veterans, that might help. What about having more heats in a NL meeting? Making team places for young Brits is not the solution. They need to be given the opportunity to practice and earn them. I really hope the academy announced today is a success and is just the start of something much bigger.

Frampton, Complins, Sweetman and Compton have all retired. holde ris no great loss, he's a 4 point reserve. And Stichauer is hardly a loss but there will always be riders who miss out, there always have been and always will.

Compton retired - Really ???

I'm surprised no one has considered Kalle Katajisto. I know that he hardly covered himself in glory in his last season with Edinburgh, but his scores in the Swedish Allsvenskan League and in Finland in the past year would be worthy of consideration. In addition, to the best of my knowledge he lost his team place at Rospiggarna before the start of the season through team changes and no fault of his own, so aside from his Finnish commitments he should be available.

Minimum alcohol pricing might be a stumbling block.

• Like 2

Minimum alcohol pricing might be a stumbling block.

Haha - naughty. :wink::t: