British Speedway Forum

Honestly don't know the answer but it has always amazed me that riders aren't excluded from a race for dangerous riding when the rider pushed into the fence or out wide didn't fall off. Can think of many incidents of this happening but nothing is done. Mind you don't suppose mr pedersen would be very happy but then people say its just hard riding.

Honestly don't know the answer but it has always amazed me that riders aren't excluded from a race for dangerous riding when the rider pushed into the fence or out wide didn't fall off. Can think of many incidents of this happening but nothing is done. Mind you don't suppose mr pedersen would be very happy but then people say its just hard riding.

It can and does happen and the rules allow for it. It happened on Sky once, Andy Moore riding for Eastbourne at BV swerved across someone coming out of the second bend and was excluded. Also saw it happen twice at Newport - on time it wasn't remotely unfair and the rider who was apparently wronged, is captain and team manager all told the referee and confirmed as much - the referee was Margret Vardy who at the time was bloody awful.

Has anyone ever sued/been sued for on track incident?

If they had, Bernt Persson would still be paying the fines.
  • Like 1

3 candidates for being the first .. Adam Kirby . Luke Krang , Arron Mogridge ,

They are just enthusiastic beginners.

Chris Vincent the sidecar racer got sued by his passenger for recklessly endangering his safety , the passenger Terry ??? was awarded compensation also setting a legal precedent that driving recklessly even in a motorsport event carries consequences if someone gets injured

3 candidates for being the first .. Adam Kirby . Luke Krang , Arron Mogridge ,

U r a joke jim the whipper. What is ur problem with young adam kirby? What do u base ur argument on for adam being dangerous? Is it a case now that u can't find fault with the points he is scoring so u hav to nit pick on something else! Get a life u sad little thing
  • Like 1

U r a joke jim the whipper. What is ur problem with young adam kirby? What do u base ur argument on for adam being dangerous? Is it a case now that u can't find fault with the points he is scoring so u hav to nit pick on something else! Get a life u sad little thing

Give the lad a break, moosetash.

He's had a pop at Adam for not scoring points and has had to shut up. He's had a pop at him for falling off and he's had to shut up about that too. :D

He simply has to find something else.............

What next, you wonder. Who's got the crappiest van, perhaps ? :rofl:

• Like 1

Give the lad a break, moosetash.

He's had a pop at Adam for not scoring points and has had to shut up. He's had a pop at him for falling off and he's had to shut up about that too. :D

He simply has to find something else.............

What next, you wonder. Who's got the crappiest van, perhaps ? :rofl:

crappiest bike would be better and crappiest attitude as well , I dont have to say anything , Adam is doing that on track for me , he is still not scoring valid points and still falling off , so Ill just let him speak for me .

young inexperienced riders might have some reckless rides but its not riding dirty just part of learning their were riders in the early fifties who wanted to ban a young barry briggs because they thought his riding dangerous and ronnie moore in interview with briggo tells he was stuffed into the fence in his 1st season until he did the same to the offending riders who then stopped its a fine line between hard and dangerous races as for a rider sueing well if his career is ended by a blatant act of dirty riding he might have grounds for it

young inexperienced riders might have some reckless rides but its not riding dirty just part of learning their were riders in the early fifties who wanted to ban a young barry briggs because they thought his riding dangerous and ronnie moore in interview with briggo tells he was stuffed into the fence in his 1st season until he did the same to the offending riders who then stopped its a fine line between hard and dangerous races as for a rider sueing well if his career is ended by a blatant act of dirty riding he might have grounds for it

I don't think for one second that Adam Kirby is deliberately crashing into people to cause accidents or to intimidate them , quite frankly he doesn't have enough skill for that , he does however try to ride way above his ability and every meeting is involved in at least one incident .

not seen the lad ride so cannot comment surely then his manager/advisor should be telling him learn the basics first but how do u tell young lads who have the enthusism but not the skill yet if he is not careful an older rider might decide its time for a hard lessonin racing

Chris Vincent the sidecar racer got sued by his passenger for recklessly endangering his safety , the passenger Terry ??? was awarded compensation also setting a legal precedent that driving recklessly even in a motorsport event carries consequences if someone gets injured

You have got me thinking now. Chris Vincent has been retired about 100 years and the only Terry I can remember from those days is Terry Vinicombe who was another racer. Can you remember any more about it ? I thought the landmark ruling on all this was a moto-cross rider who successfully sued the organisers of a meeting because he was injured on a track that was dangerous but I can't remember all the details

You have got me thinking now. Chris Vincent has been retired about 100 years and the only Terry I can remember from those days is Terry Vinicombe who was another racer. Can you remember any more about it ? I thought the landmark ruling on all this was a moto-cross rider who successfully sued the organisers of a meeting because he was injured on a track that was dangerous but I can't remember all the details

It was Terry Harrison. The accident was at Olivers Mount.