British Speedway Forum

Nothing to do with him being English, however i wonder if that swayed the refs decision. I have watched the incident several times today and i still cant see where Freddie apparent hit him with such force that it sent him flying across the bed. I also wonder if it is infact coincidence that both times Tai has wiped someone out it has been Nicki Pedersen. I am not surprised Nicki is blaming Tai he let the last one go as a racing incident. This time he must be wondering what Tai is thinking about.

It wasn't the best, the track was horrific during the end and it was awful watching Nicki Pedersen have to shut off due to the track.

However, as always I enjoyed it - I don't go to Cardiff every year so it's a better experience for me. I took a complete newbie to the event and he enjoyed it and to me that's all that matters. Coventry Bees have a new fan anyway. ;)

• Like 1

It wasn't the best, the track was horrific during the end and it was awful watching Nicki Pedersen have to shut off due to the track.

However, as always I enjoyed it - I don't go to Cardiff every year so it's a better experience for me. I took a complete newbie to the event and he enjoyed it and to me that's all that matters. Coventry Bees have a new fan anyway. ;)

Good to read some positivity amongst all the gloom in this thread, glad your friend enjoyed, hope you told them it's not like that at Brandon, could be a bit of a downer for them next week :t:

• Like 1

United Villa a few years back took place on an awful pitch at Wembley and there have been more than a few complaints over the years about the surface. Especially following NFL games etc.

There has also been some shockingly bad permanent tracks served up over the years.

It was also interesting to hear that as late as ten yesterday morning the meeting was not going ahead.

WRONG ... the meeting was ALWAYS going ahead

Nothing to do with him being English, however i wonder if that swayed the refs decision. I have watched the incident several times today and i still cant see where Freddie apparent hit him with such force that it sent him flying across the bed. I also wonder if it is infact coincidence that both times Tai has wiped someone out it has been Nicki Pedersen. I am not surprised Nicki is blaming Tai he let the last one go as a racing incident. This time he must be wondering what Tai is thinking about.

Pretty sure the ref was a Swede, so....

Lol I was going to point that out to a couple of posters. I was under the impression that you were a former editor who still contributes freelance articles. To confirm this before i posted I opened up this weeks edition of the Speedway Star to check and saw the following;

MANAGING EDITOR: Philip Rising

EDITOR: Richard Clark

I then used Wikipedia and Google to determine the difference between the two and was left with contradictory advice. I'm guessing though that Richard does the hands-on daily work and you act in an advisory or management capacity? Philip 'Fergie' Rising?

Whilst we are fortunate to have your ear on this thread can i ask for your thoughts on the attendance vagaries i refer to below.

THE attendance figure is provided to the media at the Press Conference by the Millennium Stadium

Could you imagine the speed at which GPs would die if Cardiff, the biggest event in speedway was cancelled on the day of the event.

nw24 im fully aware of that but it wasnt a Swedish GP. It was Tais home gp, poor ref was probably terrified he would never ref another gp if he dared exclude Tai. Instead poor Freddie was used as the scape goat and still got further than Tai :)

nw24 im fully aware of that but it wasnt a Swedish GP. It was Tais home gp, poor ref was probably terrified he would never ref another gp if he dared exclude Tai. Instead poor Freddie was used as the scape goat and still got further than Tai :)

I think the ref was correct, but I do think that if a ref can't make a decision then he might decide in favour of a home rider. Although, with Woffinden injured, it would have possibly been the easier choice to exclude him.

Could you imagine the speed at which GPs would die if Cardiff, the biggest event in speedway was cancelled on the day of the event.

Terrified ref, of who, what? He wasn't working for the British.

It was a racing incident, there are always going to be differing opinions on the cause, for me Freddie gave him a nudge, maybe that took him in to a rut on the track which caused the rest, I'm sure he didn't aim the bike at Pedersen deliberately. Either way it's a bit crass to gloat that he scored more points, the lad was injured.

The only reason I have read to justify Lindgrens exclusion is that he "came in a bit fast" is that not the point of the sport?

A terrible decision from the ref.

I thought it was Freddie who caused it, no contact but left no room

Actually there was contact. Freddie's backwheel takes out Tai's leg. http://www.youtube.c...Nnm512G0#t=115s

Vaculik have to lay it down because he only have two choices either continue which likely would have caused him to crash into Tai

or he could lay the bike down. A very alert move by Vaculik avoided a bigger crash.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Was posting a comment and my net dropped out, joys of motorway travel. Just read the gp website and they state NO contact was made between Freddie and Tai so i find it difficult to understand how Freddie could have gave him a nudge or pushed him out. If Tai didnt ride into the side/back of riders he wouldnt be injured right now. What about the twice he has now injured Nicki? It was just sheer bad luck that both times have been Pedersen?

I never said the ref worked for a nation. He does however answer to the FIM and probably at some point to BSI/IMG they care only about attendance and money. Therefore its not a good idea to make decisions against home riders if there is the opportunity to blame someone else, step forward Freddie Lindgren.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the decision I would bet my house on Tai being happy to take the exclusion if he was able to swap it for the broken bone!!

• Like 1

WRONG ... the meeting was ALWAYS going ahead

Oh no it wasn't.

Reckless? What trying to make a pass that any other rider would have went for. Maybe time for Tai to man up and stop riding like a woman. This after all is the World Championship. Riders will go for gaps. We could say Tai came down on Freddie, maybe he knew Freddie was having him. But then that couldnt possibly be true as that would mean Tai being to blame.

Dontforgetthefueltapsbruv they do say karma is a bitch :)