British Speedway Forum
blueherb777

Kent Kings V Buxton Nt 10/6/13

Nick Laurence comes in for the injured Jack Kingston.

I wonder who Kent Kings' version of the 'Sword of Damocles' will fall on for the matches at Coventry on Friday and/or Mildenhall on Sunday to make way for Lee Geary?

The injured Jack Kingston. :blink:

You seem to be getting a bit tied up in knotts. I'd say Laurence will cover tonight and Lee will cover on Friday :-)

Does Nikko know that Mason still features on the website?. They have done so well shame to let it slip now

Edited by TMW

A good close encounter in front of a decent size crowd The new change in the team was no improvement though to be fare Mark Baldock has had little riding before coming in The last race pass going into the third bend by Charles Wright on Steve boxall could be said to have cost us the match, but the bottom end of the team is still way to weak and that was the real reason we did not win ,I do not include Adam Kirby in that criticism he rode really well and but for a bike problem would have scored more ,,,and is making excellent strides to becoming a decent rider ..The top end is working well and Boxall, Compton and Morley are competing for the fith ride in heat 15 Which is good it keeps them on their toes..... Judging by the replacements we had ,there is nothing out there available any better than we have now ,so strengthening up is almost impossible with Steve taking such a large slice of the points available ,,Though i am not for one minute advocating his removal ,hes to good for that and exciting too.. Once again the track was an improvement on previous weeks and i think Charles Wright showed once he got dialed in,, how to ride it,, I just hope some of our lads were watching him blast round on the dirt line ,,i dont expect many more riders to pass Steve Boxall round here this year....

Thanks for the recent comments, just one point about the website.

Yes I am aware that David still appears on the website, although it has also been updated with our new riders and a new team photo will be taken.

David features on the website as he was originally used to promote and market the club, and I see no need to change something that has worked well for the club as after all you could end up changing the website branding every week if the rider picked were to be replaced.

The website will during the new year be revamped with next year’s branding once the National League conference has taken place but for this season we will continue to use the style etc that we have used since we launched which our fans identify with.

Regards

Nikko

Have to agree with what Waco says.A very enjoyable,competetive,exciting Speedway meeting.Maybe the teams are closely matched and behind most others in this League,but there was no shortage of effort.The result was in doubt until the chequered flag in Heat 15.Thought Kent were going to get first win when Boxall and Compton gated in last Heat,but Wright was quick all night and swooped around the outside too share the spoils.Well done Steve for T/R in first Heat and the track has improved loads since opening meeting.I thought the crowd last night looked bigger than last week (I maybe wrong).As Waco says with Boxall`s high average,team changes are limited and we shall see if things improve (would not swop Steve,a real force in this League,fast when in front and never gives up when behind).Roll on next Monday against the Raiders. :D

an excellent match at central park last night. i think a draw was a fair result for two commited teams that didn't deserve to lose. i also think the crowd was up on last weeks attendance.

A very enjoyable meeting and so, so close to that elusive 1st win! Think it was a very fair result tho as neither team deserved to lose but still a shame we couldnt grab the win. As has already been said the new boys really made no difference but hopefully with Mark Baldock he will improve as he gets used to track etc? I think we're so close to that 1st win now as our top 3 are starting to gel and strongly believe Adam is going to be a good 2nd string for us? Will be interesting to see how he gets on once in the main body of the team tho, but he is improving all the time and a real battler. Thought the 5-1 with him and Ben was a great bit of team riding by Ben? He just let Adam go out and win and kept the buxton 2 behind. Really good to see at this level. Hopefully with Steve and Benji we will have our own version of the "Turbo Twins" lol! Crowd looked healthy again and all credit to the promotion for keeping things ticking along nicely. As i walked into the main stand I also saw Sam woods walk past me with a mate so its good to see theres no hard feelings or anything. Roll on next Monday!

So far this season i have seen twenty odd meetings spread over the three leagues and GP and i would say that this meeting was the most enjoyable by far. the track looked pretty good and the racing decent. charles Wright had a particularly good meeting. Yes the bottom end of the Kent team is weak but that will only improve. Hour and a quarter done and dusted how

Other tracks could learn from this. Congratulations on the meeting. The NL at Mildenhall has been my favourite venue over my Team Rye House and my local track Lakeside more meetings like this and Kent will be right up there

As I understand it (?) Baldock stays in the side for the visits to Coventry and Mildenhall while Laurence makes way for Lee Geary (isn't he a Coventry junior?) at Coventry and presumably also at Mildenhall?

A small correction about Lee Geary. He is not a Coventry Junior. He has ridden for the Long Eaton Invaders in the MDL for the past 3 years but managed to get a place in the Stoke NL side at the end of last year putting in some good scores once he got up to speed with NL racing. He was overlooked by all teams this year but has been picking up a number of guest rides since he is still on a 3 point average.

As has been previously stated an enjoyable encounter. When Steve and Benji both gated in Heat 15 I too thought we were on for our first victory but Charles Wright was not only quick but smooth all night. Instead of sitting in the main stand I decided to watch from the top bend instead where strangely enough considering there's no cover it seemed a little warmer. From where I was stood I thought the crowd was possibly a little down on previous weeks although a few more meets like last nights and hopefully news will get round and pull the punters in. A good effort by the boys, victory get's closer week by week.

So far this season i have seen twenty odd meetings spread over the three leagues and GP and i would say that this meeting was the most enjoyable by far. the track looked pretty good and the racing decent. charles Wright had a particularly good meeting. Yes the bottom end of the Kent team is weak but that will only improve. Hour and a quarter done and dusted how

Other tracks could learn from this. Congratulations on the meeting. The NL at Mildenhall has been my favourite venue over my Team Rye House and my local track Lakeside more meetings like this and Kent will be right up there

Funny you should say that as I went to the Lakeside v Poole meeting Friday and have to say last night was much more enjoyable on a lot of fronts.The racing may have been a lot quicker at Lakeside,but that does not always make it better.For sheer effort,entertainment,feel good factor last night was better.It was in a way a throw back to years ago with some of the younger riders upright style of racing.And for sheer enthusiasm the crowd at Central Park take some beating. :t:

I have a feeling the promotion will take a look at several unatached riders now to find out who might fit the bill best ..While there may be little difference in ability one may be better suited to ride at Sittingbourne .., The options are still very limited however... I would go for Liam Carr if he is available and has not signed for any one yet