British Speedway Forum
tigerowl

Speedway A To Z

Hi,

I am aware that some of you have bought the 1940s and 1950s editions of the Speedway A to Z series. The last disc came out about four years ago and I have had some e-mails recently wondering when the 1960s disc will be ready.

It has been about ready for some weeks now but there has been a problem which i will not bore you with that prevents me from selling it and publishing. It has nothing to do with the speedway side at all but is more to do with issues at work.

Anyway, in the absence of a disc, I have decided to upload all the information for free onto the website which is being redesigned at the moment. I will be uploading the format gradually over the next few days and will start uploading the rider profiles shortly afterwards.

I am going to include the pre-war riders as well and there is scope to eventually have a profile for every rider to have ridden in a league or cup match in Britain since 1929.

I hope this is OK for everyone but, at the moment, it is either the website or nothing I am afraid. I will post the 1960s riders as a priority and John Somerville has kindly given permission for me to use his photos.

Please keep checking www.speedwayatoz.co.uk for updates.

Any issues, please let me know.

Matt

• Like 1

Thank you for all your hard work, Matt... just glad your interest is still there on doing this project. Look forward to any of your work coming available, which speedway requires and should have by rights had someone compiling records from day one, as any professional sport needs.

Thank you Matt. Sure I won't be the last to say this.

• Like 2

Can I just echo what moxey has said. Your dedication and hard work is proving an invaluable source for speedway historians and enthusiasts. Thank you. It is all very much appreciated.

Thank you for all your hard work, Matt... just glad your interest is still there on doing this project. Look forward to any of your work coming available, which speedway requires and should have by rights had someone compiling records from day one, as any professional sport needs.

Thank you Matt. Sure I won't be the last to say this.

Can I just echo what moxey has said. Your dedication and hard work is proving an invaluable source for speedway historians and enthusiasts. Thank you. It is all very much appreciated.

I fully endorse these comments. The works of Matt Jackson and Hugh Vass are top class and essential for all for all speedway followers.

Edited by Guest

Yes. BRILLIANT effort by these chaps. I'm sorry you are having problems Matt - I hope everything works out OK. I will, of course be checking your Website.

Once again - thank you very much for all of your efforts.

All the very best.

Ian. (Sunderland)

Thanks for the kind words.

The site is now up and running.

www.speedwayatoz.co.uk

I have made a start on the A riders. The Jim Airey button has been enabled but I haven't put the profile on.

Any problems please let me know.

Matt

Thanks for the kind words.

The site is now up and running.

www.speedwayatoz.co.uk

I have made a start on the A riders. The Jim Airey button has been enabled but I haven't put the profile on.

Any problems please let me know.

Matt

This is wonderful news Matt. All the best as you continue your planned endeavours in updating your website. This work is a tremendous aid to speedway researchers especially as well as the greater speedway fraternity.

I found this was an easier link to the site http://www.speedwayatoz.co.uk/

Edited by Guest