British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Sheffield Pl 15th June

So after the awful luck [or was it the badly prepared track?] of both Bunyan and Allen having to withdraw from last Saturdays meeting against Plymouth, those tigers from Sheffield are next to race in Hoddesdon. Even with injuries I think Stale House should win this one. Are Sheffield at full strength?

But the question is how many people will actually pay to come and watch it? Low crowd lousy atmosphere! We’ve a decent website, [13 years too late] let’s have competions on there, interviews with the riders both current and past, and let fans ask questions to the promoter via a blog! Ask questions to the extremely dull John Sampford, yawn yawn! Sheffield do similar for example on their website! Let’s see concern for riders when they fall and are maybe injured! How many times have you see a Stale House rider or more importantly either the promoter of the Sampford feller go and see how a rider is? Rarely is the answer! Well, I recon loads more fans would attend if Rye had a decent PRO, a centre green/pits interviewer along with Craig, a full parade of riders [well not sure that’ll bring in more fans I want that], a bar that actually sold draft beer and not tins, a fish bar that didn’t run out of fish, a realistic admission price, [it’s only a quid more to watch Elite League racing at boring Lakeside] a well organised car park, a Supporters Club, dolly birds selling raffle tickets always make me by a quid’s worth or two, a decent programme, a decent club shop, a decent track [on my few visits this year it’s deteriorated] and with no dust! The last thing, a new promoter please!

Edited by Dave Stummings
  • Like 1

No Brum or Scunny meeting that day so would not be a shock to see Josh Auty guesting for Olly on saturday.

So after the awful luck [or was it the badly prepared track?] of both Bunyan and Allen having to withdraw from last Saturdays meeting against Plymouth, those tigers from Sheffield are next to race in Hoddesdon. Even with injuries I think Stale House should win this one. Are Sheffield at full strength?

But the question is how many people will actually pay to come and watch it? Low crowd lousy atmosphere! We’ve a decent website, [13 years too late] let’s have competions on there, interviews with the riders both current and past, and let fans ask questions to the promoter via a blog! Ask questions to the extremely dull John Sampford, yawn yawn! Sheffield do similar for example on their website! Let’s see concern for riders when they fall and are maybe injured! How many times have you see a Stale House rider or more importantly either the promoter of the Sampford feller go and see how a rider is? Rarely is the answer! Well, I recon loads more fans would attend if Rye had a decent PRO, a centre green/pits interviewer along with Craig, a full parade of riders [well not sure that’ll bring in more fans I want that], a bar that actually sold draft beer and not tins, a fish bar that didn’t run out of fish, a realistic admission price, [it’s only a quid more to watch Elite League racing at boring Lakeside] a well organised car park, a Supporters Club, dolly birds selling raffle tickets always make me by a quid’s worth or two, a decent programme, a decent club shop, a decent track [on my few visits this year it’s deteriorated] and with no dust! The last thing, a new promoter please!

you don't want much do you! :wink:

you don't want much do you! :wink:

All honesty my statement is all basic stuff! No reason why Len of course couldn't be around but he has to pass or get someone to run it! Maybe the club will move to Kent next season and Rye will be back to NL or just a training track and that's if we're lucky!

All honesty my statement is all basic stuff! No reason why Len of course couldn't be around but he has to pass or get someone to run it! Maybe the club will move to Kent next season and Rye will be back to NL or just a training track and that's if we're lucky!

i first went to rye house way back in 1972 in the days of the red devils. the fact that the old place is still staging speedway is something to be thankful for, when so many other venues in the south east are no more. the set up at rye does have a tired feel about it and i tend to share my saturday speedway nights between arlington and hoddesdon. i can't see anything changing at rye while uncle len is in charge, so being a neutral fan, i just go with the flow!.

No Brum or Scunny meeting that day so would not be a shock to see Josh Auty guesting for Olly on saturday.

Yes confirmed on BSPA, Josh Auty guests for Ollie

Yes confirmed on BSPA, Josh Auty guests for Ollie

Hope the track has some dirt on it, cos that boy can't gate. Good to watch when he's on it though. I heard that Silver was after him last season, but he was asking for too much dough...Ricky Wells should fill his boots

Edited by Shadders

Robert Mear quits....so what changed between him signing and now? Welcome back RR i fear.

Edited by westhamboy66

Robert Mear quits....so what changed between him signing and now? Welcome back RR i fear.

Yes that is the case according to what I read on another site covering Rye House. It seems they are applying for the 28 day facility to cover for Robert Mear - whatever that means!

Edited by Guest

The way he'd been riding we'll be better off with R/R. There's no doubt we'll be granted a facility, he's withholding his services.

He replaced a four point man and was riding like one himself, when the four pointer he replaced was riding like a heatleader. Get on the phone to Roynon if he's available.

And hope that people support him while he gets back up to speed and not moan after 1 or 2 poor performances...

We have never been better off with rider replacement and won't be this time either. I simply want to watch a team with seven riders, we always get caught out generally having to commit reserves to six rides each with little scope to cover for injuries, tape exclusions or just general replacement of poorly performing riders.

We have never been better off with rider replacement and won't be this time either. I simply want to watch a team with seven riders, we always get caught out generally having to commit reserves to six rides each with little scope to cover for injuries, tape exclusions or just general replacement of poorly performing riders.

One small crumb of comfort. At least RR for Mear is better the RR for Garrity. All remaining team members are eligible to take his rides instead of just Bunyan and reserves.