British Speedway Forum
bri1966

Who Should Be In Gb World Cup Team?

cook, feels he is nearly there but if doesnt gate not always the most committed, as proved at cardiff

Spoken by someone who clearly has not seen him race much.

• Like 1

Worrall but no Cook?

Can't agree with that, or that you are judging Cook from a couple of rides on a ploughed field when he was a reserve.i

Whoever is picked lets hope that the squad gets a practice session at Lynn some time before the meeting to give them the best chance.

Edited by Bagpuss

no not just from gp performance on craig, just looking at him in general, i just think at times he is not hard enough and can roll it at times when he could push like i say that is my only critisiscm of him other than that he has got it, just the others as i say imo are more forceful when needed

no not just from gp performance on craig, just looking at him in general, i just think at times he is not hard enough and can roll it at times when he could push like i say that is my only critisiscm of him other than that he has got it, just the others as i say imo are more forceful when needed

Worrall is the same in that respect. Seems to easily shoved out of the way IMO. Id; say Cook has a slight edge over Worrall at the moment but both are very similar riders. Good gaters, not the best at passing (but can) and a little too easily moved out of the way. Minor criticisms int he scheme of things though.

Middlo has announced it will be

Tai Woffinden, Chris Harris, Craig Cook and Edward Kennett

What a disgrace that Kennet is in the team over Worral or Barker. Joke decision. Hope GB get stuffed.

Barker, Worrall, King, Bridger should all be infront of Kennett on EL and PL form, and also on Kings Lynn experience. Not to mention the fact he's a convicted cheat.

Woeful choice.

Middleditch has said that it was a 'hard call' to pick Kennett.

I bet.

Imagine how much easier it would have been if he had been riding well enough.

Edited by Grand Central

Barker, Worrall, King, Bridger should all be infront of Kennett on EL and PL form, and also on Kings Lynn experience. Not to mention the fact he's a convicted cheat.

Woeful choice.

Based on the actual EL racing averages for this Season that appear in the Speedway Star, as at 25/6, they were :-

Woffinden 10.55, Kennett 8.63, Cook 8.00, King 7.71, Harris 7.15, Barker 7.04, Bridger 6.86, Worrall 6.56, Howarth 4.35

If Middleditch based his selection mainly on these, then the stats vindicate including Kennett.

Based on the actual EL racing averages for this Season that appear in the Speedway Star, as at 25/6, they were :-

Woffinden 10.55, Kennett 8.63, Cook 8.00, King 7.71, Harris 7.15, Barker 7.04, Bridger 6.86, Worrall 6.56, Howarth 4.35

If Middleditch based his selection mainly on these, then the stats vindicate including Kennett.

But it would also make the job of a Manager choosing obsolete.

And Harris would have to be dropped in favour of King, by the same logic.

Edited by Grand Central

But it would also make the job of a Manager choosing obsolete.

And Harris would have to be dropped in favour of King, by the same logic.

You seem to have missed I said mainly, not exclusively - there is a difference ;)

You seem to have missed I said mainly, not exclusively - there is a difference ;)

Not missed.

Just misunderstood.

You did say mainly, that is true.

But it seems that you really meant 'ONLY where it makes my point,'

'Disregard all other information and make no other inferences of your own.

You must work by my rules.'

Woeful choice.

Must agree, its a disgraceful choice, but not surprised. Its the sort of team all 50yr olds are picking these days...

Would you have picked Edward Kennett?

Personally, I don't think he is international class. The British team have no chance of winning the thing but we have some very good prospects coming along, they need experience at this level, much as the Danes have done recently. My choice would have been Worrall (surely a big future) or Barker (guaranteed effort). But who would YOU have picked?

Guess Eddie has been on his knees again before the old boys network. If this is what Middlo wants to pick so be it, but has made the choice for me easier.Dont want to watch, Dont need to watch and can spend my money elsewhere.