British Speedway Forum
bri1966

Who Should Be In Gb World Cup Team?

But hey what a positive future, some goodies learning their craft :-D

middlo picks his buddies we all know that. There isn't even a split on here as nobody really thinks Kennett should be there except the manager! Think its a shame that Nicholls isn't there as a team of Tai Harris Nicholls and Cook could quite easily get 3rd behind the poles and Danes due to injuries for the Aussies and swedes. Rosco should be go manager. We need someone like Rosco with say a Mark Loram running the side not just a yes man like Middlo. Ron Lyon would have been so much better but he stood up for himself and that wasn't the done thing. He wanted change Middlo as usual takes the easy route. Bet Kennett gets 6 or 7 and Middlo declares he is proud of him what a loaf of old tosh!

Well im not so sure about that Gav, Neil is his own man, and he has already cited, he will make changes if nessercery. but i do also think its a shame Scott is not on board..

it had to be Tai, Harris, Nicholls and Cook but without Scott it was anyone of about 5! Kennett not a good choice may as well go back to Howe and Stead!! The in form rider is Bridger. Least you know him and Barker will give 110%

Is Bridger in great form he has done well but most of his big points have been at his home trick track.

Is Bridger in great form he has done well but most of his big points have been at his home trick track.

Bridger and Barker I no longer regard as prospects for our International Team - both try hard - but crucially - are NOT good enough. :sad: :sad:

Bridger and Barker I no longer regard as prospects for our International Team - both try hard - but crucially - are NOT good enough. :sad: :sad:

ok who is? not Kennett! maybe Worrall and King? If we had Scott we could quite easily come 3rd in the world cup due to the swedes and the aussies injury problems.

give me Barker or Bridger over Kennett any day

ok who is? not Kennett! maybe Worrall and King? If we had Scott we could quite easily come 3rd in the world cup due to the swedes and the aussies injury problems.

give me Barker or Bridger over Kennett any day

THAT is the problem that I am trying to highlight - I don't know. Therein lies the problem. :sad: :sad:

You don't want to put the young lads in - they could be badly effected by a hammering, however, at present the is NO ONE ELSE!!

Nicholls, Harris, Cooke and Kennett are probably the BEST Team that Middlo can put out at present. He is severely limited by a lack of TALENT. That is until Richie Worrall and others of his ilk come through and earn their spurs...........

THAT is the problem that I am trying to highlight - I don't know. Therein lies the problem. :sad: :sad:

You don't want to put the young lads in - they could be badly effected by a hammering, however, at present the is NO ONE ELSE!!

Nicholls, Harris, Cooke and Kennett are probably the BEST Team that Middlo can put out at present. He is severely limited by a lack of TALENT. That is until Richie Worrall and others of his ilk come through and earn their spurs...........

think you may have forgot Woffinden in that 4 lol.

sorry but Bridger it could be argued is in the form of his life. King in my opinion is like Kennett. Barker would provide entertainment as you know he will give it a damn good go. He rode really well a few years back in the world cup ironically at Lynn, a track that Kennett rarely rides well.

Personally I think its a year to soon for Worrall.

Scott should have been riding and shows how bad our sport is run that he isnt in the team due to disagreements. British Champion 7 times and currently British number 2 and should be riding. We could have definatly got a medal but Kennett for Nicholls it isnt going to happen

think you may have forgot Woffinden in that 4 lol.

sorry but Bridger it could be argued is in the form of his life. King in my opinion is like Kennett. Barker would provide entertainment as you know he will give it a damn good go. He rode really well a few years back in the world cup ironically at Lynn, a track that Kennett rarely rides well.

Personally I think its a year to soon for Worrall.

Scott should have been riding and shows how bad our sport is run that he isnt in the team due to disagreements. British Champion 7 times and currently British number 2 and should be riding. We could have definatly got a medal but Kennett for Nicholls it isnt going to happen

Ooops - I forgot about Tai in my Post. :oops::oops::blink:

He is half Australian though. :wink::blink:

Rule 078.3.4 page 9

Which reads to me that you change your team upto 30 minutes after practice.

It certainly doesn`t to me i stand by my orginal post-I think it was bought in so the programme for the Saturday and Monday meetings aren`t changed too much-However how that squares with Russia maybe changing their whole team i don`t know.

It certainly doesn`t to me i stand by my orginal post-I think it was bought in so the programme for the Saturday and Monday meetings aren`t changed too much-However how that squares with Russia maybe changing their whole team i don`t know.

The three or four paragraphs of that regulation are poorly written, no doubt. And can be read as contradictory.

However my decyphoring concurs with Racers and Royals.

The Team for your first match (Round 1 or 2) has to be named 14 days in advance and can only be changed due to injury/illness.

The team for the Race Off or Final does not have to be named until half-an-hour after the practice for that event. And that team cannot be changed after unless due to injury/illness.

The three or four paragraphs of that regulation are poorly written, no doubt. And can be read as contradictory.

However my decyphoring concurs with Racers and Royals.

The Team for your first match (Round 1 or 2) has to be named 14 days in advance and can only be changed due to injury/illness.

The team for the Race Off or Final does not have to be named until half-an-hour after the practice for that event. And that team cannot be changed after unless due to injury/illness.

Thank you :approve:

Really, i don't agree with that, yes i will admit Bridger has to find a bit, but he is capable of it, like Ben if he rides his bike and gets his head down.