British Speedway Forum
Starman2006

Somerset Case's Rebels V Workington Comets 18/6/13 P L K O Cup 2nd Leg

Did you walk the track?

Do I really need to answer this? Of course not but I have got eyes in my head and pretty good ones too. Did the riders after some (not all) of the remedial work had been done. NO!

No one was seen on the track apart from the tractor and blade - called off whilst the blading was still going on - the lack of bikes being warmed up probably was the biggest clue as we approached the half eight mark.

Here, here. They just did not want to know. Primadonna power ruled the day.

Agree with the comments on her, absolute disgrace from Somerset speedway, how the hell can you have a waterlogged track when as @caserebels stated a boiling day !!!! Thank god we didn't make the journey all the way down there, no excuse Willowman can't blame the riders would you have bloody rode it :mad: , yous had a 5-1 in heat 1 and with Ash disqualified in heat prob nailed on another one so can you really see your riders wanted it called off, come on. The shambles that was the semi's in the pairs with the water tractor spilling all its contents on the start line and now this , my god I bet if tables were turned and it was at Workington track this happened all merry hell would let loose , you's don't deserve another crack at this meeting, Belle Vue were punished and so should you's be :mad:

• Like 1

Agree with the comments on her, absolute disgrace from Somerset speedway, how the hell can you have a waterlogged track when as @caserebels stated a boiling day !!!! Thank god we didn't make the journey all the way down there, no excuse Willowman can't blame the riders would you have bloody rode it :mad: , yous had a 5-1 in heat 1 and with Ash disqualified in heat prob nailed on another one so can you really see your riders wanted it called off, come on. The shambles that was the semi's in the pairs with the water tractor spilling all its contents on the start line and now this , my god I bet if tables were turned and it was at Workington track this happened all merry hell would let loose , you's don't deserve another crack at this meeting, Belle Vue were punished and so should you's be :mad:

Belle Vue mentioned a couple of times, but my understanding is Belle Vue were penalised because thet told a lie.

• Like 1

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!! After last weeks meeting on Sky new people would of turned up for sure.

I heard so many people in the car park who were angry at the fact no one from the Somerset management had the decency to apologise to the crowd! Yes the track was wet, but you could see the slush was taken off by the blade but he hadn't even been allowed to finish!!!???

Why haven't I been to a speedway meeting for months...? Now I remember. Meetings being called off for being too wet on the years hottest day??? Joke

Edited by googlehead

Was stevie wonder driving the bowser?? Surely he can see when he's going round that its getting a bit wet and puddles are forming??.... Very strange.

• Like 4

The track was watered heavily because it was a boiling day. Our riders must have wanted it called off. The track was not given a fair shout. Weather conditions changed, hence the problem.

Forgot to mention, in case my many fans have missed me, I have just come back yesterday from 17 days holiday in the sunshine, a pity it wasn't a day longer.

so can you really see your riders wanted it called off, come on.

In fairness, Nick Morris was interviewed and wasn't overly up for it, I believe he said it needed work! Bit of an understatement!

Do I really need to answer this? Of course not but I have got eyes in my head and pretty good ones too. Did the riders after some (not all) of the remedial work had been done. NO!

Here, here. They just did not want to know. Primadonna power ruled the day.

Do you have any motorcycling experience? End of the day it was maybe rideable but it probably wasn't raceable. Riders safety is the key and I am sure you wouldn't have wanted to race if you could ride a speedway bike.

The track was watered heavily because it was a boiling day. Our riders must have wanted it called off. The track was not given a fair shout. Weather conditions changed, hence the problem.

Not to try and sort it out earlier and before any racing was in my book, totally inept, is there any reason why that wasn't done?

I believe the promotion acted swiftly and more than fairly once the meeting was off From the information we were asked to relay to the public all tickets are reusable at ANY rebels match this season in addition to this a cash refund booth was very quickly set up for all those that could not re attend thats something you rarely see with promoters these days.. All this plus the usual postal refund service will no doubt apply.surely a case of the promotion doing everything in their power and acting with respect to the paying public

The only announcement I heard was that they were valid for the Newcastle meeting which by then there was a fair few walking out of the stadium!

Edited by oldswindonsupporter

Totally agree with Willowman - after the extensive track work why was the track not trialled by a few riders? I also believe if the incident didnt happen in hear 2, racing would of continued on and on. The track was no way at fault for that incident also, completely over the top from Ashley Morris, and after the reports from Sunday it does make you wonder somewhat.

Posted some of my views on the Somerset Facebook page - what a difference a week makes :(

Some people can try and sweep this under the carpet but I remember being at Birmingham in 2008 for the meeting that never was - this puts that to shame without doubt. I remember myself and many others who travelled up that night giving Birmingham a massively hard time over that, and I thoroughully expect Workington fans that travelled and any speedway fans in general to do the exact same to us now - shambles.

Edited by Najjer

PREMIER LEAGUE KO CUP, 1st leg

Somerset 5 Workington 1

Match abandoned after one heat waterlogged track - Result does not Stand

From BSPA site!

Edited by topaz325

PREMIER LEAGUE KO CUP, 1st leg

Somerset 5 Workington 1

Match abandoned after one heat waterlogged track - Result does not Stand

From BSPA site!

Waterlogged???

140 mile round trip for this ,agree manigement should explain what went wrong as should the head trackman

Edited by coomie